Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Darren Randolph

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 67>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

He's been great for us! Made a howler but more than made up for it with that save from Henderson. Most a west ham fans seem to be backing him rather than calling for him to be dropped. They like the fact he was gutted in the interview after the game

I seen that. It looked completely genuine too. And he didn't want to hear about the great save.

I think he's being a bit harsh on himself. It was more of a half error than an absolute howler.....that ball could have landed anywhere after he fumbled it.

I think goalkeepers are realistic with everything, after reading Rob Enkes book I think I got a better understanding of how keepers cope with conceding.

He may have made a great save later in the match but in his eyes he cost his team points by dropping the ball.

Sponsored Links

valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 11:39pm
Had a great game tonight by all accounts after a bit of a shaky start

Since coming in

v Spurs: Had a great game right up until the dying minutes in E.T.... Couldnt have done anything for the first goal, second should have left it for his defender to clear and 3rd was a peno which is always guess work.

v United: MOTM performance. Kept them in it. Couldnt do much about the goal.

v Arsenal: The whole team were a disaster, wasnt really at fault for any of the goals but didnt do much to help prevent them either. One to chalk it off.

v Liverpool: Had a rubbish start, couldnt have done much for the first but the second was a gift to pool. Grew as the game went on and kept his team in it for a vital point with his worldie save from Hendo late on.

v Burnley: Made some decent saves and kept the clean sheet. Solid performance.

Has a nice run of games now too against mid table / relegation battlers
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 7:15am
He did what he had to do really , only one real save . Hey clean sheet can't say better than that .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

He did what he had to do really , only one real save . Hey clean sheet can't say better than that .

I only saw the highlights but on those he made two great stops - one from the free kick and the other a one-on-one where he spread himself well and made a great reaction save. Apparently he also commanded his area well and displayed a lot of confidence throughout in general.

He got an awful lot of love from West Ham fans on Twitter last night anyway - sentiment seems to be that he's showed great character to bounce back from the Liverpool error in the way he has.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

I only saw the highlights but on those he made two great stops - one from the free kick and the other a one-on-one where he spread himself well and made a great reaction save. Apparently he also commanded his area well and displayed a lot of confidence throughout in general.

He got an awful lot of love from West Ham fans on Twitter last night anyway - sentiment seems to be that he's showed great character to bounce back from the Liverpool error in the way he has.
Jezzzzzzzzzzzzz missed the one on one as had a shocker of a stream in the first half Thumbs Down
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2016 at 6:13pm
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
LHurlz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LHurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2016 at 6:13pm
Brilliant that we have a keeper playing regular PL football, looks like he'll be able to hold onto that #1 spot for a while

Edited by LHurlz - 26 Dec 2016 at 6:14pm
Kevboy View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2016 at 8:22pm
Great to see him playing well
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2016 at 9:44pm
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 1:01am
very pleased that hes grabbed his chance there
schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2017 at 10:55pm
West ham hockeyed 5-0 at home to Man City. Adrian was in goal. Haven't seen any footage but surely it can't have done Darrens cause any harm. Wink
LHurlz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LHurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2017 at 10:55pm
Adrian didn't play that badly tbf, not much he could have done about any of the goals.  But yeah, definitely won't hurt Randolph

Edited by LHurlz - 06 Jan 2017 at 10:56pm
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2017 at 1:47am
Randolph also conceded 5 against Arsenal. Just down to shocking defending, but yeah he seems nailed on as number one at the moment.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 12:11pm
He was all at sea for West Broms equaliser on saturday.
We're decent enough..
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 12:13pm
West Ham should ship him out 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 1:56pm
Legs
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 2:15pm
He's not exactly been making waves lately.
Peter Stöger View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

I am Wah.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Stöger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Stimpy Stimpy wrote:

Legs

Gone
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 67>
  Share Topic