Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

David Forde

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 2:17pm
Beaten from seventy yards yesterday, in fairness it is one of the best goals I have seen live.
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 12:14am
Watching Fordey's documentary for a 2nd time and picked up a few things I missed the first time around. 

This is my interpretation and reading between the lines but it appears that Forde fell out with either Keane or MON over the drinking culture.  His mentor in the documentary says this member of the management team wouldn't take too kindly to someone standing up to him.  Forde says he was shocked at the drinking culture and how a lot of the players are boys not men and very immature.  He also talks about the arrogance in a lot of the players. That one person refused to give an autograph to his nephew and how he couldn't believe it.   Then says how hurt he was that Seamus McDonough didn't come to say anything to him when MON left him out of the Erio 2016 squad.

I always like Forde and thought he was very harshly treated.  He says MON only told him he wasn't playing as hour before kick off versus Poland after he went out to inspect the pitch. He said he was in shock that he shook his hand.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 4:28pm
Really was an absolute disgraceful decision to bring Given back into the fold, that not only ousted Forde from the no.1 position despite not playing any club football in 4+ years at that stage but also ended up in him being left behind for the Euros.

Forde never once put a foot wrong for us, always came across as a pro and very likable guy.. You really have to feel for him.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 7:16pm
Forde comes across as really down to earth lad and I'd have no reason to doubt his interpretation of past events with Ireland.

That said, it's always hard to judge from the outside over a spurned player's views on McDonagh as with the Kevin Foley situation, we could be rushing to judge the conduct of the Irish management team without their side of the argument.

Force might feel understandably aggrieved amd that could cloud his take on events though I would say again, I don't think he seems the type to stir sh*te or be intentionally dishonest about past events in the Irish set up

Edited by irishmufc - 28 Nov 2017 at 7:18pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 8:57am
set to announce his retirement today
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 5:01pm
Well done Fordey.  You got shafted by MON, Keane and Shay Given.

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 6:23pm
Best of luck Fordey treated shamefully by the Irish Managment Team and Shay Given before the Euros in 2016. Never let us down whenever he played for us .
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 6:54pm
A year too late! 
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Best of luck Fordey treated shamefully by the Irish Managment Team and Shay Given before the Euros in 2016. Never let us down whenever he played for us .

Treated shamefully maybe but he was the worst keeper around the squad at that time. Wasn’t a great keeper let’s he honest. Practically threw the ball into the net in tibilisi when mcgeady saved us
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Treated shamefully maybe but he was the worst keeper around the squad at that time. Wasn’t a great keeper let’s he honest. Practically threw the ball into the net in tibilisi when mcgeady saved us

That’s harsh. He had some big performances, particularly away to Sweden and Germany. Also played very well against England at Wembley. Not sure he was a weaker keeper than Given in 2016.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 8:02pm

Given was useless when he came back.  His reactions were no better than Poznan.  Never forgive him for that.  My granny would have saved some of those goals.

NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 8:02pm

Likeable, and a decent back-up option, but never a number 1 international keeper.

8 League appearances for third-tier Millwall in 15/16. His career was in decline and the mistakes were becoming more frequent. I'm not sure he has too much cause for complaint about being left out of the Euros squad. Though how the matter was dealt with and who was picked in preference to him is a slightly different matter.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 8:46pm

He always did well for us, don't think he ever put a foot wrong.

The Sweden home game was probably his only bad game. A one off too.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 11:14pm
Bizarre way to announce his retirement.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 11:22pm

This 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 11:33pm
Seems a decent fella by all accounts, not too bad at stopping shots, very good at commanding the box, kicking & distribution well short of a top class keeper. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 11:43pm
Never put a foot wrong for us. A good servant for the Eire Clap
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 11:45pm
Dunno if I'd say that, he certainly put plenty of cleances wrong for us. Never should have been first choice but he gave it his all and by and large did a decent job, wish him all the best going forward.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic