Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your prefered team for Saturday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 8:36am
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Originally posted by trapped trapped wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Coleman had done absolutely nothing to justify his place in the team.

Confused Confused Confused

Young player of the season nominee in the EPL and that's not enough?
I'd shift McGeady to the left wing as he is just as effective there, to accommodate Coleman.
Even in the few cameo appearances he's made for Ireland he's looked lively and a threat.

ETA: I certainly would not play Coleman at RB though. Even his own club manager Moyes, does not trust him there.

It's not that Moyes doesn't trust him there. It's just that Everton don't have anyone as good as Coleman in the right wing postion. We are lucky enough to have a better right winger than him in McGeady. Right back suits him perfectly for Ireland. The experience of O'Shea and (usually) Dunne could guide him. I don't know how many more time i have to say that's his natural position.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Sponsored Links

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 8:36am
Yeah Kelly is really established, can Podge or horsebox tell me off the top of their head a game where he stood out? Would yis stop, Coleman needs to be starting and if it was any other manager he would be, but u boys continue to support these ridiculous decisions while a few of us are realistic as to what players should be playing.

heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 8:38am
People seem to want coleman RB based on his form for Everton

Have ye forgotten that he has played right midfiled for everton all year and the reason moyes moved him up there is because he has been caught out for goals on more than one occasion playing at RB

karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 8:38am
Sono - why play Coleaman right full - I dont believe he has ever played there only for Sligo.
Have you ever actually watched him trying to defend?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Jonny2Times View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny2Times Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 8:38am
No Keane, No Duff, No Dunne, No Doyle, No Gary Doherty.... Christ a point is looking good at this stage... 
I never comment on referees and I'm not going to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 8:41am
And Coleman has played three games and has been below average in all. A full back doesn't have to stand out, just do your job with little fuss. How often did Denny Irwin stand out? If Coleman plays at right back I would be putting a score on their regular penalty taker to be first scorer, Maznov is it?
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 8:46am

The experience of O'Shea and (usually) Dunne could guide him. I don't know how many more time i have to say that's his natural position.
I'm afraid I don't understand that comment at all.
He was nominated as young player of the year, based on his form at right mid.
I'm a firm believer in playing players in form and in their best positions.
It's a no brainer to play players at positions they excel in and Coleman clearly excels at RM.
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 8:47am

Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Yeah sorry I forgot Kelly is so well established in that team, great point there.

Coleman should be starting end of, we need to go for the win, if Coleman pressed on it would allow McGeady to go more forward as well, Coleman has pace to burn he can go up and down no bother.
Exactly. Coleman is the future and he needs to start being played. Him and McGeady would be fine on the right - it's not as if Coleman will forget his position and just run past McGeady every time FFS. He started his career at right back so he's well used to it.

It's an absolute no-brainer to have him and McGeady in the team.

Have you watched him play recently he has done f**k all recently and he is a liability defensively.
I would never ever play him right full - he is a RM.Colemand and McGeady will never be on the same wing as neither for them provide any defensive cover.

Trap has made the right choice.@Stoked UP -  Ireland team not the Everton team.
Trap is not going to accomodate a player with 2 caps by shifting other players around.
Coleman will get his chance.
You're contradicting yourself here. On the one hand you're saying he's a liability defending for Ireland but on the other you say he hasn't actually had the chance to prove himself. Coleman obviously would provide defensive cover if he's playing in that position.

I've seen him a couple of times for Blackpool there yea. When have you seen him there? You seem to be basing your whole argument on one or two clips you've seen where he was caught out at RB. Rafael has made way more blunders at RB at United than Coleman - do you think he will still be United's RB for the next ten years? Of course he fooking will.

Edited by trapped - 02 Jun 2011 at 8:52am
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 8:57am
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

The experience of O'Shea and (usually) Dunne could guide him. I don't know how many more time i have to say that's his natural position.
I'm afraid I don't understand that comment at all.
He was nominated as young player of the year, based on his form at right mid.
I'm a firm believer in playing players in form and in their best positions.
It's a no brainer to play players at positions they excel in and Coleman clearly excels at RM.
But why would we play him at RM if McGeady is a better RM than him? That would make no sense. It's about adapting players so we have the strongest team. Coleman would still be able to get forward. Attacking full-backs are an important part of the modern game, which some of yous haven't noticed. Baines is a very attacking full back for Everton so maybe Moyes did not want two full backs with attacking tendancies.

It's not as if we have Cafu or Maicon there to come in at RB.
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 8:58am
Kelly is muck and Coleman is after having an unbelievable season, I'd have McShane ahead of Kelly and that really is saying something.

Coleman can defend lads and the sooner yis realize that the better, in case u hadn't noticed we have to win this game and I'd be much happier to have Coleman backing up McGeady than Kelly FFS.

Two brilliant pacey wing backs for Saturday, the freedom Hunt and McGeady will have is gonna be class, absolute joke.

Horsebox - would u consider Dani Alves a good defender or Glen Johnson for that matter? No but they get the job done cos they have the pace to track back.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 9:11am

Yeah sorry I forgot Kelly is so well established in that team, great point there.

Coleman should be starting end of, we need to go for the win, if Coleman pressed on it would allow McGeady to go more forward as well, Coleman has pace to burn he can go up and down no bother.
Exactly. Coleman is the future and he needs to start being played. Him and McGeady would be fine on the right - it's not as if Coleman will forget his position and just run past McGeady every time FFS. He started his career at right back so he's well used to it.

It's an absolute no-brainer to have him and McGeady in the team.

Have you watched him play recently he has done f**k all recently and he is a liability defensively.
I would never ever play him right full - he is a RM.Colemand and McGeady will never be on the same wing as neither for them provide any defensive cover.

Trap has made the right choice.@Stoked UP -  Ireland team not the Everton team.
Trap is not going to accomodate a player with 2 caps by shifting other players around.
Coleman will get his chance.
You're contradicting yourself here. On the one hand you're saying he's a liability defending for Ireland but on the other you say he hasn't actually had the chance to prove himself. Coleman obviously would provide defensive cover if he's playing in that position.

I've seen him a couple of times for Blackpool there yea. When have you seen him there? You seem to be basing your whole argument on one or two clips you've seen where he was caught out at RB. Rafael has made way more blunders at RB at United than Coleman - do you think he will still be United's RB for the next ten years? Of course he fooking will.

I am not contradicting myself at all - for Eveton where I watched him loads of times I found that he is not good defensively. Now is not the time for him to play RB for Ireland to prove himself.
Coleman is not a RB so why play him there in such a crucial qualfier?
Coleman in his last 2 games for Ireland didnt do enough to justify a position in the team.
Playing Coleman tomorrow would be suicidal.

At the end of the day - It's Trap's call and I firmly belive he has made the right decision.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 9:13am
Agree Horsebox, I'm just wondering has anyone else notice how often he puts his hands on players backs, especially in the box?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 9:14am

Kelly is muck and Coleman is after having an unbelievable season, I'd have McShane ahead of Kelly and that really is saying something.

Coleman can defend lads and the sooner yis realize that the better, in case u hadn't noticed we have to win this game and I'd be much happier to have Coleman backing up McGeady than Kelly FFS.

Two brilliant pacey wing backs for Saturday, the freedom Hunt and McGeady will have is gonna be class, absolute joke.

Horsebox - would u consider Dani Alves a good defender or Glen Johnson for that matter? No but they get the job done cos they have the pace to track back.

You dont understand Trap's system - The full back's are not allowed to overlapt the right midfielder. Trap does not allow it - he wants the full backs to hold their position.

I rate Coleman and he is the future of the Irish team but now is not the time for him to play because we have better options.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Agree Horsebox, I'm just wondering has anyone else notice how often he puts his hands on players backs, especially in the box?

+1

I've made my point.
Trap is the manager and he was picked his team and I believe it is the correct one.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 9:16am

But why would we play him at RM if McGeady is a better RM than him? That would make no sense. It's about adapting players so we have the strongest team. 
Yes, indeed, you are quite right it is about adapting. McGeady has played many times at LM and it seems to me he's equally effective there. But not Coleman at full back, who has not been playing there for his club. I believe you when you tell me it's his natural position, but I'd like to see him play there for his club first. 
My preference with young players coming into the international squad is always to see them play in the positions that they excel for their club. From there, it is possible to shift them around, but give 'em a chance to prove themselves in their best positions first.

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 9:16am
No one understands his system not even the players!

U never answered my question by the way.

Fact remains we need to go for the win and playing kelly and Kilbane is a fukin shambles
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 9:18am

No one understands his system not even the players!

U never answered my question by the way.

Fact remains we need to go for the win and playing kelly and Kilbane is a fukin shambles

About Dani Alves?
It's not worth answering.
Trap's left back and right back are not allowed to overlap the left and right wingers. So your point is not valid.

Edited by horsebox - 02 Jun 2011 at 9:19am
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 9:20am
Am i right in saying kelly has played for Fulham once since november?

He should play coleman at right full and fookin go for a game for once in his fookin life

Playing kilbane at left back is beyond the realms of belief

How are players ever supposed to get competitive international experience if the coont never picks them for a competitive international?

It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic