You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Summer holidays

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 5:15pm
Due to fly to Italy on Tuesday for 10 days, eldest has chicken pox Dead disaster 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 5:18pm
Are you still going?

I think we had the same issue years ago and still traveled. 
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Due to fly to Italy on Tuesday for 10 days, eldest has chicken pox Dead disaster 

Disaster. Feel your pain.

No one tells you any of this before having kids.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Are you still going?

I think we had the same issue years ago and still traveled. 
Still unsure to be honest. Will be in the doctors on Monday morning anyway & see what the story is. If doc says we’re ok we need a fit to fly cert. 
Hes over the worst of it anyway but the worry is any appear on the younger one. 
If worst comes to worst we’ve travel insurance 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 5:25pm
I think you should be ok to fly to be honest. I can't recall whether we got the cert or not.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 5:55pm
Don't usually do summer hols. Probably go away in November. Hoping to France and Belgium after Ferry to Cherbourg. Not sure where is good to stop off so lots of planning to do! 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 7:05pm

Will that credit note expire?

Well we got a credit note but then I felt they were robbing us with their quotes for every holiday we we were pricing up so I ended up just asking for my money back at start of this year then just used the money to book new york on my own. 

Got everything back but 800 deposit. I have until end of 2024 to use it. Its with American holidays though so choices are limit enough in terms of you won't get a holiday without adding something extra on top yourself. My feeling is they were adding a premium on top to try get the money back as same holidays they were quoting i was pricing myself for hundreds cheaper. I'll book Boston or something for a long weekend next year I think.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 7:25pm

I think you should be ok to fly to be honest. I can't recall whether we got the cert or not.

Thumbs Up Cheers 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 7:27pm
Good option here for those of an adventurous bint
It would damage this forums' reputation
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 7:41pm
adventurous BENT, ffs.
A bint is something else entirely, although an adventurous one ?
Oooooh missusLOLLOL
No Pasaran!
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 7:43pm
whoops typo Big smile. But bint would be apt for the link posted.
It would damage this forums' reputation
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 7:58pm

just go bro….what part of Italy?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Don't usually do summer hols. Probably go away in November. Hoping to France and Belgium after Ferry to Cherbourg. Not sure where is good to stop off so lots of planning to do! 

Northern France and Belgium will be pretty miserable in November.  Kinda like a trip to Dundalk and Drogheda 😀
AKA pedantic kunt
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Northern France and Belgium will be pretty miserable in November.  Kinda like a trip to Dundalk and Drogheda 😀
Mullingar in between those 2👍
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 8:47pm
Off to San Juan Playa outside Alicante with the missus in September for 10 days, counting down the minutes we're both burned out to f**k this year 
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Anyone have experience with Orlando and how much they spent on spending money when there?

My circumstance would be:
Breakfast is covered in hotel
no additional transport costs
probably bring a packed lunch.

So really just an evening meal (with one or two drinks) for 2 adult and the two brats (ages 14+9) buying bits and pieces in the parks.
250 Euro a day too little?

Never got to do this Cry.
Covid struck. Got a credit note but by time things opened back up its was 3k dearer and we had a new baby (Covid baby I guess people call them). Not going to spend that kind of money with a baby. We will wait until baby is older and try again (or maybe she is old enough that we don't feel bad leaving her for 2 weeks with family while we bring the older kids Big smile).

Prices for Orlando are only getting dearer too but is a great holiday especially if into theme parks and rollercoasters.

Myself and herself have booked 2 weeks for next march be over for St Patrick's day really looking forward to getting back over. Will have to watch the playoffs over there too not that it's looking likely that we will be in them 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Ah we don't mind the winter. Usually winter markets and stuff that time of year so it's nice!

Still not certain where and when though. Any advice is welcome Big smile
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

just go bro….what part of Italy?
Lake Garda 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic