You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Summer holidays

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 9:30am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Anyone have experience with Orlando and how much they spent on spending money when there?

My circumstance would be:
Breakfast is covered in hotel
no additional transport costs
probably bring a packed lunch.

So really just an evening meal (with one or two drinks) for 2 adult and the two brats (ages 14+9) buying bits and pieces in the parks.
250 Euro a day too little?

The parks are absolutely class but you will burn money over there.
The exchange rates are not great and you have to tip everybody.

If you can cut out as much food and drink during the day you will save loads.
But overall it will be a great holiday.

Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 10:32am
anyone ever been to the Middle East during August ? Is it really as hot as they say ? 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 4:27pm
Awful time of year to go to anywhere in the Middle East (Not a great time now either for obvious reasons).

End of October to May is a much nicer time to visit, you can actually be outdoors without sweating buckets.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Anyone have experience with Orlando and how much they spent on spending money when there?

So really just an evening meal (with one or two drinks) for 2 adult and the two brats (ages 14+9) buying bits and pieces in the parks.

The parks are absolutely class but you will burn money over there.
The exchange rates are not great and you have to tip everybody.

If you can cut out as much food and drink during the day you will save loads.
But overall it will be a great holiday.

Cheers HB+ZK.

Looking forward to it. Only problem is I am going at the start of last 16 round of Euros meaning I will probably be missing majority of games. Plan would be to watch them while queuing for rides Big smile (will need to figure out VPN so I can watch Sky Go over there)  
Unless of course Ireland somehow make it that far then I'll make an exception

Edited by t_rAndy - 09 Jan 2020 at 3:33pm
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 11:50am
Thinking of Montenegro for a sun holiday this year, anyone ever been and have any tips?
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Thinking of Montenegro for a sun holiday this year, anyone ever been and have any tips?
Yep we are going for 8 or 9 days .
Think we should have gone about 5 years ago but we will see how it pans out .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 12:57pm
Nice one I'm thinking 9 nights myself, you basing yourself in one place or hiring a car and travelling along the coast?
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 2:47pm

Stayed in Budva a few years back. Nice seaside resort with nice hotels, full of easter europeans. It's like Lanzarote for Russians. First holiday resort I'd been where tourist menus wouldn't have English menus. Wouldn't knock it, good spot for a few days R&R.

On the tourist trail we stayed fairly close to there, Kotor is lovely, but thronged when a cruise ship arrives, if ya can stay a night you'll have the place to yourself after 5pm. Sveti Stefan is worth a glance, but you can't enter the island as far as I know. We stopped for lunch in Herceg Novi, easy striking distance of Dubrovnik airport if ya need a stopover
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Stayed in Budva a few years back. Nice seaside resort with nice hotels, full of easter europeans. It's like Lanzarote for Russians. First holiday resort I'd been where tourist menus wouldn't have English menus. Wouldn't knock it, good spot for a few days R&R.

On the tourist trail we stayed fairly close to there, Kotor is lovely, but thronged when a cruise ship arrives, if ya can stay a night you'll have the place to yourself after 5pm. Sveti Stefan is worth a glance, but you can't enter the island as far as I know. We stopped for lunch in Herceg Novi, easy striking distance of Dubrovnik airport if ya need a stopover
Stayed in Budva last summer and thought it was great too. Some lovely beaches around the place and plenty to do. All the restaurants we went to had English menus so no problem there and the service was top class. Top of the Hill nightclub was unbelievable too I thought if you fancy a night out but some very lively bars along the sea front too.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 8:31pm

Nice one I'm thinking 9 nights myself, you basing yourself in one place or hiring a car and travelling along the coast?
Nope staying in Budva and taking local transport for day trips LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 6:06pm
Anyone on here been to Porto   if so any comments or opinions you would like to share on here. 
AKA pedantic kunt
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 3:53pm
Anyone been to Nice?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Anyone been to Nice?
Had 2 nights there 6/7 years ago was decent. Antibes down the coast is smaller & far nicer though, had 6 nights there 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Anyone been to Nice?

Very spendy and well past it’s heyday 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 4:20pm
funny looking at everyone planning summer holidays back in Jan 2020 LOL
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 4:56pm

Never got to do this Cry.
Covid struck. Got a credit note but by time things opened back up its was 3k dearer and we had a new baby (Covid baby I guess people call them). Not going to spend that kind of money with a baby. We will wait until baby is older and try again (or maybe she is old enough that we don't feel bad leaving her for 2 weeks with family while we bring the older kids Big smile).

Edited by t_rAndy - 30 Jun 2023 at 4:56pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 5:02pm
Will that credit note expire?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 5:07pm
Me and the misses had a glorious 2020 lined up as we were planning on trying later that year for our 3rd kid, and after having hardly any travel for a few years previous wanted to make the most of babysitting till the 3rd arrived.

Mates wedding in Italy
4 days in New York
Weekend in London (I managed to get a ticket in the ballot for the Euro 20 final)
Week in Spain with the kids

All wiped out, but managed to get to Spain in Sept 2020 with the kids and was actually quality as there were only around 40 people on the plane.  

We were also in Spain in the Feb that year when they shut the place down. Was mad coming back to the UK seeing life going on as normal.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic