You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robbie Brady

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 162163164165166 182>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 9:37pm
I'm not certain that players like Brady would be on the radar of Italian, Spanish, German or French teams. Maybe after a tournament, but that's it.

I'm just throwing names out but a Brady link to clubs in those countries would be as shocking as someone like Craig Dawson, Robert Snodgrass or Mark Noble being linked. Solid Premier League hands but not names that would traditionally be scouted over there.

You often see PL journeymen - and that's what Brady is at the end of the day - being linked with Turkish, Greek, Belgian, Dutch or Portuguese teams. If anywhere glamorous, that's where he'd likely end up. And it would be a nice change of pace that could well invigorate him. Look at how going abroad benefited Cillian Sheridan after toiling in Scotland. And Graham Carey winning a trophy and competing at the high end of the table in Bulgaria. Jack Byrne, Daniel Crowley, and to use a more recent example, Josh Cullen, all either got their start or found a new lease of life in the Benelux countries. Even Daniel Mandroiu and Caoimhin Kelleher were linked with Eredivisie clubs this time last year.

Re: John Egan. He's struggled a lot this season compared to the year before, and like Stevens, his performances only improved when SU were already relegated. With Jack O'Connell out for the season, the optics don't look that good. It will probably frame the narrative that it was in fact O'Connell who held the defense together rather than him. I'd be very surprised to see him return next season, but Slavisa Jokanovic should have SU challenging for an immediate return.
Sponsored Links

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 11:36pm
Southampton, Crystal Palace, Watford and Celtic all reported to be interested in signing Robbie.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

For the first time since the inception of the PL, there may be a round of fixtures that won't feature a single Irish player.

Hourihane, Duffy, Molumby, Connolly, K. Long, Dunne, Coleman, Kelleher, Clark, Hendrick, Omobamidele, Idah, Ferry, Smallbone, S. Long, Obafemi, Doherty, Randolph, Coventry, Odubeko, Richards

Out of them, I'd expect 11 to make a match day squad when the season starts. I'd be extremely surprised if more than 3 started. I would be less surprised if 0 started. Then factor in injuries and the fact that no Irish players have played themselves into getting moves up the levels, save for Nathan Collins, who may yet be viewed as a long-term project even if he is signed by Burnley.

It's depressing stuff.

If it's such depressing stuff then why do you feel the need to repeat the point and different variations of the point ad nauseum?
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 12:02am
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Southampton, Crystal Palace, Watford and Celtic all reported to be interested in signing Robbie.

Celtic please
I love beer gardens
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 12:10am

All the noise is that Crystal Palace will be rebuilding an ageing squad and that they have a nice chunk of change to play with. I can't see them going for a 29 year old with Brady's injury history. Sean Dyche is linked with that job, curiously enough. Watford were linked with Brady when he moved to Burnley and I suspect that link is being recycled here. Celtic are repeatedly linked with some variation of Brady, McClean and McCarthy every transfer window and I suspect this link won't come to fruition. I wouldn't put much credence in the Southampton rumour either.

I suspect it will be a Championship team but we probably won't find out either way until the season's already started, as he seems to be some way off full fitness at the moment.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 28 May 2021 at 12:40am
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 2:37am
Boro or Blackburn I'm guessing...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 9:04am
Now one thing i do know which may have a bearing on where he moves to is that he bought a house in Cheshire late last year and the kids are very happy in school and so is the wife .

Just putting it out there that he may stay in the north .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 9:10am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Now one thing i do know which may have a bearing on where he moves to is that he bought a house in Cheshire late last year and the kids are very happy in school and so is the wife .

Has his wife gone back to finish her A levels or did she stay back a good few times ? 

Edited by Baldrick - 28 May 2021 at 9:11am
AKA pedantic kunt
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 9:17am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Celtic please
Has there ever been an ageing Irish player who hasn't been linked with Celtic?
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Has his wife gone back to finish her A levels or did she stay back a good few times ? 

Hummmm not sure you would know this but if you can somehow keep the wife happy you have 1 billion less problems to slove . Sure all the married men are nodding to this LOL
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 9:34am

Hummmm not sure you would know this but if you can somehow keep the wife happy you have 1 billion less problems to slove . Sure all the married men are nodding to this LOL

Just like you and the missus in the hotel in Lille.  

Cheerio cheerio cheerio 😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 11:09am

Just like you and the missus in the hotel in Lille.  

Cheerio cheerio cheerio 😀😀
I'll give you that one Yin Yang
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 11:54am

I can't think of footballers from any other country who let their wives control their every move.

The world has never been more interconnected, yet some people will kick up a fuss if they have to move from Cheshire, England to Wiltshire, England, let alone a different country. Pretty bizarre stuff.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 7:00am
Speculation that Robbie is Cardiff city bound.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 8:49am
Mick really does love signing his compatriots
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 9:10pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 9:25pm
[QUOTE=Hotlips_Hoolahan]Update on Robbie: https://www.the42.ie/robbie-brady-5-years-after-lille-5502649-Jul2021/.
[/QUOT

A championship club would mean a reduced salary, to be fair it would be insane if the club he goes to doesn't put him on a 'pay as you play' contract. I seriously can't see him beating the injuries at this point
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

[QUOTE=Hotlips_Hoolahan]Update on Robbie: https://www.the42.ie/robbie-brady-5-years-after-lille-5502649-Jul2021/.
[/QUOT

A championship club would mean a reduced salary, to be fair it would be insane if the club he goes to doesn't put him on a 'pay as you play' contract. I seriously can't see him beating the injuries at this point

Eunan O'Kane hasn't played in almost three years. Safe to say he's retired now. Hopefully Brady's outcome isn't as severe as that. He hasn't had a singular absence as long as that, but when you add up all the injuries he's had since late-2017, it probably adds up to a couple of years worth of action missed.

He barely went more than two games in sequence last season without being tended to at some point by medical staff. He scarcely completed 90 minutes. It really doesn't augur well at all as he approaches his 30s.

It would be unfortunate if he had to retire from Intl football but it would arguably be for the best for his club career at this stage.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 162163164165166 182>
  Share Topic