You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robbie Brady

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 158159160161162 182>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 10:09am
wasn’t , but longs persistence made it a good ball, would’ve been the defenders of long hadn’t reacted well.was good thinking to put the ball into that area alright, rather than the cut back inside
Sponsored Links

TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 11:26am
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

wasn’t , but longs persistence made it a good ball, would’ve been the defenders of long hadn’t reacted well.was good thinking to put the ball into that area alright, rather than the cut back inside

Look at the angle he received the ball and the quick thinking to adjust his body position to play it over the top. Agreed it wouldn't have worked without Long's persistence mind you. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 11:49am
He is not fit and i will be shocked if he plays 90 minutes over the next two games .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 12:25pm

I thought he did well to put off the defender to allow Duffy to get the header against Bulgaria as well. He's definitely shown enough to be an option, at least off the bench for us going forward.

He could join Tony Cascarino as the player with the 10th highest number of caps if he plays against Luxembourg and Qatar. And he could easily surpass Glenn Whelan and Aiden McGeady as the active player with the highest number of caps later this year.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

I thought he did well to put off the defender to allow Duffy to get the header against Bulgaria as well. He's definitely shown enough to be an option, at least off the bench for us going forward.

He could join Tony Cascarino as the player with the 10th highest number of caps if he plays against Luxembourg and Qatar. And he could easily surpass Glenn Whelan and Aiden McGeady as the active player with the highest number of caps later this year.

Glenn Whelan with a near 100 caps... all he did was point where the defender should pass it.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Glenn Whelan with a near 100 caps... all he did was point where the defender should pass it.
You’ll be heading to the sin bin!
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 8:23pm
Brady is surplus to requirements at this stage, regardless of his role in the second goal the other night. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

Brady is surplus to requirements at this stage, regardless of his role in the second goal the other night. 

No i wouldnt say that. I think hes a good experienced option on the bench. I thought our bench looked pretty strong the other night. I wouldnt disappear Robbie just yet but i wouldn't start him these days on current form.
I love beer gardens
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

No i wouldnt say that. I think hes a good experienced option on the bench. I thought our bench looked pretty strong the other night. I wouldnt disappear Robbie just yet but i wouldn't start him these days on current form.

He’s wily and street smart alright but his passing is questionable and his use of deadballs has been brutal. No harm keeping him for there for experience I suppose. 
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

When he was fully fit a few months back he was in very good form for Burnley . Why are we writing off these players who are in their prime when you have Northern Ireland still using the likes of Steven Davis at 35/36 . If a player can add something to a squad even off the bench we are in no position to bin them 
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 8:36pm
Could he play LWB in a 3-5-2?
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

I think he could though he was mostly playing right side of midfield for Burnley this season 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

I think he could though he was mostly playing right side of midfield for Burnley this season 

Has Brady ever really locked down a position?
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 8:43pm

He’s played a lot of different positions for Ireland alright. He was left back for a while too I think
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 9:01pm

He’s played a lot of different positions for Ireland alright. He was left back for a while too I think

He was, and a poor enough one at that.
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 9:51pm

No question about it that he could. Almost sure he started off at Hull as LWB. 
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 10:07pm
Robbie’s gone! Forget about him. he’s never going to be a consistently good performer! Has he ever?

Edited by King_Kenny - 26 Mar 2021 at 10:07pm
Loc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Robbie’s gone! Forget about him. he’s never going to be a consistently good performer! Has he ever?

Not sure if you could argue he was consistent but even if it ended tmw I would look back fondly on him for Bosnia and Italy alone. I still think he has quality on the ball and can offer something.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 158159160161162 182>
  Share Topic