You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robbie Brady

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 137138139140141 182>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 10:45am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Originally posted by Donegal sir Donegal sir wrote:

How are there any positives to one of our most talented players getting a very serious injury? 
agreed their some sh*t being talked on this thread.listenening to their logic we should go out and injure ourselves it might make us better at our job.Brady one of our best we just need the right manager to get the best out of him

One of our best at what? What did he do for Ireland in 2017? Not being smart?

And the manager is staying so that rules out your other point. 

"Greatest fans in the world" Dead

I can't even make a fair point without that? 

He was sh*t all year. It's a horrible injury, I'm not wishing bad on him at all but we keep saying he's our best player when he's no where it. 

Christ a bit of honesty would upset anyone on here.

***What people want...Robbie is a massive loss. He's been f**king outstanding for us. Set pieces outstanding, work rate - perfect. Great asset. Give over 

Read my initial quote. In fact, I don't trust your ability to do that so I'll post it again:

"How are there any positives to one of our most talented players getting a very serious injury?

Is there any disputing that Brady is one of our most talented players? I never said that his recent form has been good for Ireland. Form is temporary. His recent performances for Burnley indicate that he may have turned a corner. 

However, he has suffered what could be a very serious injury, the sort which has diminished the ability of many players before him. Who knows how he will return from this.

But that's happy fookin days, is it? 

It's great to be part of this famous Irish support - Always behind the team (when we are winning) and the players (when they are on top of their game) 

This is my gripe - where did I say happy days? 

Never said there was a positive. 

I'm behind the team 100% no matter the results. That's the difference. Surely I'm entitled to call it as it is. I would never boo the lad but I can 100% be honest and say we have been carrying him. 

Edited by kearney304 - 05 Dec 2017 at 10:46am
Sponsored Links

Donegal sir View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegal sir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 11:13am

Originally posted by Donegal sir Donegal sir wrote:

How are there any positives to one of our most talented players getting a very serious injury? 
agreed their some sh*t being talked on this thread.listenening to their logic we should go out and injure ourselves it might make us better at our job.Brady one of our best we just need the right manager to get the best out of him

One of our best at what? What did he do for Ireland in 2017? Not being smart?

And the manager is staying so that rules out your other point. 

"Greatest fans in the world" Dead

I can't even make a fair point without that? 

He was sh*t all year. It's a horrible injury, I'm not wishing bad on him at all but we keep saying he's our best player when he's no where it. 

Christ a bit of honesty would upset anyone on here.

***What people want...Robbie is a massive loss. He's been f**king outstanding for us. Set pieces outstanding, work rate - perfect. Great asset. Give over 

Read my initial quote. In fact, I don't trust your ability to do that so I'll post it again:

"How are there any positives to one of our most talented players getting a very serious injury?

Is there any disputing that Brady is one of our most talented players? I never said that his recent form has been good for Ireland. Form is temporary. His recent performances for Burnley indicate that he may have turned a corner. 

However, he has suffered what could be a very serious injury, the sort which has diminished the ability of many players before him. Who knows how he will return from this.

But that's happy fookin days, is it? 

It's great to be part of this famous Irish support - Always behind the team (when we are winning) and the players (when they are on top of their game) 

This is my gripe - where did I say happy days? 

Never said there was a positive. 

I'm behind the team 100% no matter the results. That's the difference. Surely I'm entitled to call it as it is. I would never boo the lad but I can 100% be honest and say we have been carrying him. 

don't think any of our players have been great apart from Duffy.I think the problem with Brady is he is in a team that doesn't try to play football. I do agree his set pieces aren't great but I don't agree that he is not a loss for us and their is definitely no positives from that kind of injury
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 12:49pm
Still no real news on Robbie , I think it should be today but have the feeling it will be an Op
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 8:15am
Out for the season due to a torn tendon the latest news. 
I was half expecting worse. Hopefully he'll be good to go for the new season and maybe even by the time he's ready to return we'll have a new strategy in place for the team that allows him to actually the play creative football that he can do rather than the destructive football he's been expected to do.
At least he's not going to be missing any competitive games for us  in the mean time but its frustrating as he was just starting to have a real impact in the premier league and you worry with long term injuries a player might come back Jack Wilshire'd afterwards.

Edited by Conan - 06 Dec 2017 at 8:17am
greenmachine68 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenmachine68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

I was half expecting worse. Hopefully he'll be good to go for the new season and maybe even by the time he's ready to return we'll have a new strategy in place for the team that allows him to actually the play creative football that he can do rather than the destructive football he's been expected to do.
At least he's not going to be missing any competitive games for us  in the mean time but its frustrating as he was just starting to have a real impact in the premier league and you worry with long term injuries a player might come back Jack Wilshire'd afterwards.

Bad injury. Is it a better outcome than the cruciate though?
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:37am
Possibility he could be back by April/May, so much better than we had initially expected.
We're decent enough..
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 11:09am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Possibility he could be back by April/May, so much better than we had initially expected.
Doubt it really , I think next season is when we will see him again CryCryCryCryCry
Gigibongi33 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gigibongi33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 11:14am
He's been nominated for Premier League player of the month for November
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 12:54pm
Hopefully he gets a full pre-season in next summer
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 2:05pm
been nominated for Premier League Player of the Month for November.
Stuff the ballot box here: https://potm.easports.com/

All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 2:13pm
We don't have the players though to play anything other than hoofball
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

get voting lads, send robbie a bit of xmas cheer from the best fans in the worldClapClapClap
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

get voting lads, send robbie a bit of xmas cheer from the best fans in the worldClapClapClap
Thumbs Up
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

Thumbs Up
i just went through my whole contacts list on whats app and viber saying the same thing. Lets make this happen YBIG
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 3:00pm
done Thumbs Up
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by greenmachine68 greenmachine68 wrote:

Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Bad injury. Is it a better outcome than the cruciate though?
The above article, albeit concerning American Football, suggests that if anything, a patellar tendon tear could be worse than a cruciate tear, or even an achilles tear:
"Of all common football injuries, the patellar tendon rupture has long offered the lowest rate of recovery to pre-injury effectiveness."

That said, the article is more encouraging when it goes on to say:
"Might we be on the verge of a similar breakthrough in [the management of] patellar-tendon recoveries, with Cruz, Seahawks tight end Jimmy Graham and Cowboys cornerback Morris Claiborne as the vanguard?"

I daresay Burnley are pretty clued up on the latest developments in sports injury medicine, so a trip out to America for Brady might be on the cards?

Edited by Territorial - 06 Dec 2017 at 3:24pm
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 3:53pm

Done
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 3:54pm
Ouch. And they know about serious injuries in that sport: look at what happened Ryan Shazier the other night. He could be f**king paralysed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 137138139140141 182>
  Share Topic