You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robbie Brady

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 127128129130131 182>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

A year today since his goal against Italy...

living off it since tbh

To be fair he tucked that peno away neatly against France, so give be him another few days before the "a year ago today".

Not sure about that actually, went in off the post, nearly gave half of us heart attacks! LOL

I went through 2 contrasting emotions within the space of a second - absolute horror when I saw the ball hit the post, followed instantly by ecstasy and relief when I saw the net bulge.  It was like 'ah Robbie, you f*ckin wan.....YYYYEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!! LOL

I thought it was a superb penalty. Couldn't have been better placed. Showed a coolness and character that gives me hope for him as a player
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Sponsored Links

kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by John Wick John Wick wrote:

Has got a big season ahead and a lot to prove...simple as.

Agreed - big fan but he needs to improve. He is a top top player, just needs consistency and the right attitude.

Has that Ravel Morrison feel about him. 

Hope I'm wrong. 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Agreed - big fan but he needs to improve. He is a top top player, just needs consistency and the right attitude.

Hope I'm wrong. 
Jesus don't see that at all!He's had a decent career to date unlike Ravel. His attitude mightn't be fantastic at times but 100 times better than Morrison's. He had a disappointing season to be fair. A more relaxed pre season will hopefully stand to him
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 2:14pm
With the Euros on last year a lot of players involved in it haven't had a decent rest in two seasons . Think that fact is underestimated a lot. Brady (as well as Hendrick, Duffy) looked knackered v Austria . The break will do them good.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 2:34pm
Will it be that much more of a break though, in all reality?

The Euros finished on the 26th June last year, for Ireland at least. I doubt many of the players were back at their clubs before the middle of July.

This year, I can't imagine many having a full month off. 11th June was the Austria game: for example, Man United start their preseason tour on the 9th July. I imagine that's typical. Three weeks last year and four weeks this year: does the extra week of rest in the summer make a big pile of difference?
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

The Euros finished on the 26th June last year, for Ireland at least. I doubt many of the players were back at their clubs before the middle of July.

This year, I can't imagine many having a full month off. 11th June was the Austria game: for example, Man United start their preseason tour on the 9th July. I imagine that's typical. Three weeks last year and four weeks this year: does the extra week of rest in the summer make a big pile of difference?
Somewhere Giovanni Trappatoni is screaming MEN-TAL-ITY
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Hope I'm wrong. 
Jesus don't see that at all!He's had a decent career to date unlike Ravel. His attitude mightn't be fantastic at times but 100 times better than Morrison's. He had a disappointing season to be fair. A more relaxed pre season will hopefully stand to him

For me he does - a small bit yes but enough to worry. His attitude against Austria was awful. Say he's knackered all you want. He hasn't played that much football. He's young and fresh - should have been buzzing around the pitch. He was terrible and hasn't had a decent game in a long time. 

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

The end of season international would ,on the fitness side, involve light enough (maintenance) training and usually comes after a week or two after the league season finishes. Contrast that with the rollercoaster of an intense major tournament for the month of June. It's quite a big difference. I'm sure international players are only digesting the ups and downs of a major tournament and then it's straight back into pre-season. I get your point , I guess I'm trying to make a point that the mental fatigue is as much a problem in this situation as the physical .
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 5:39pm

living off it since tbh

I am on the early Eurostar tomorrow to "Brady Ville".... will re live some wonderful memories
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

living off it since tbh

I am on the early Eurostar tomorrow to "Brady Ville".... will re live some wonderful memories

Ask in that bar did they find that 5 euro I lost and sure you can give it to me next time I see you

( tell the ants we were asking for them )
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

With the Euros on last year a lot of players involved in it haven't had a decent rest in two seasons . Think that fact is underestimated a lot. Brady (as well as Hendrick, Duffy) looked knackered v Austria . The break will do them good.

He is only 25.... tiredness should not be an issue.

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

It probably is after a long season regardless of age.
There's a reason Fergie, Wenger and all them were harping on about the amount of games played for players in the English leagues.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

There's a reason Fergie, Wenger and all them were harping on about the amount of games played for players in the English leagues.
It's a fairly bullsh*t excuse. The only major league with less games in the German League.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

It's a fairly bullsh*t excuse. The only major league with less games in the German League.

But there's other domestic cup competitions and the Championship has 8 more fixtures than the Premiership.

If the managers in the EPL, Klopp more recently are telling you there's too many games with no winter break unlike most European leagues, then they're hardly making it up for the craic.

I would go with what they're saying.

Do you think tiredness/lack of energy had no factor in O'Neill's selection for the Italy game or is that a bullsh*t excuse too?
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 8:31pm

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

But there's other domestic cup competitions and the Championship has 8 more fixtures than the Premiership.

If the managers in the EPL, Klopp more recently are telling you there's too many games with no winter break unlike most European leagues, then they're hardly making it up for the craic.

I would go with what they're saying.

Do you think tiredness/lack of energy had no factor in O'Neill's selection for the Italy game or is that a bullsh*t excuse too?

Do you know who never complain of tiredness? The league champions....

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 9:04pm
Mourinho got stick for moaning about fatigue this year. He's been leagues champion plenty of times. If I was training 3 times a day 3 days a week and playing games at 25 years I would be bolloxed !
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 9:56pm

Spot on BB i must say . 
 The rest will do Robbie a world of good .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 10:04pm
I think playing him in his natural position is as important as a rest for him.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 127128129130131 182>
  Share Topic