You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Weather

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 159160161162163 180>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I don’t like putting the heating on until at least November. If it wasn’t for the missus, I’d never turn it on.

+1 

Nightmare trying to control the bills. 

Have it on for an hour in the evening and an hour in the morning. Kills me!

Same here and I only upgraded the boiler a few years ago which wasn't cheap. If I'm cold I'll put a hoodie on but herself is straight for the heating. I fully expect to get home this evening to find the heat on and windows open at the same time. Getting the app to be able to turn it on from your phone seemed great at the time!!
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I don’t like putting the heating on until at least November. If it wasn’t for the missus, I’d never turn it on.

+1 

Nightmare trying to control the bills. 

Have it on for an hour in the evening and an hour in the morning. Kills me!

it'll be on all winter with the nipper McG Thumbs Up

And that's ok but it's hot as balls out
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 4:59pm
No issue with heating, turn it on when I want. My house Is warm, so an hour max at a go. Have two Stanley stoves as well, so might lit them and not bother with heating. 

Now would not lit two, or the heat would be unreal. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 5:22pm
YBIGGERS: "I can spend thousands of Euro every year following ireland round to every corner of europe but not willing to spend a few euros to keep the family warm unless its the depths of the winter". 

Edited by t_rAndy - 14 Oct 2021 at 5:23pm
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 5:30pm
Lovely crisp weather. Not too cold, not too warm.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

YBIGGERS: "I can spend thousands of Euro every year following ireland round to every corner of europe but not willing to spend a few euros to keep the family warm unless its the depths of the winter". 

LOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 9:24am

Not about saving money, more about not wasting it. The two of us live in a 3 bed semi and she used to have the radiators on in every room and then question why I was turning some off given the boiler was on anyway. Had to explain that's not how it works other wise there would be on boiler for the whole road.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 11:45am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Not about saving money, more about not wasting it. The two of us live in a 3 bed semi and she used to have the radiators on in every room and then question why I was turning some off given the boiler was on anyway. Had to explain that's not how it works other wise there would be on boiler for the whole road.
The Thing Sausy about having rads on in rooms that you are not using cuts the risk of damp , and you will get damp if they are not heated , maybe Mrs Sausy is light years ahead of you in thinking that Wink
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

The Thing Sausy about having rads on in rooms that you are not using cuts the risk of damp , and you will get damp if they are not heated , maybe Mrs Sausy is light years ahead of you in thinking that Wink

Don't worry about the damp, plenty of fresh air going through the house every day.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 12:41pm
Got the netatmo thing free when signed up with energia and I swear it has saved us a ball

Might look at getting the individual rad yokes as well!

Also definitely looking into a retrofit for heat pump and maybe PV panels
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 12:49pm

Don't worry about the damp, plenty of fresh air going through the house every day.
beware of damp
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

beware of damp

Does good ventilation not sort it? 
AS YOU WERE McGx

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 1:37pm

beware of damp

Yes to an extent but most houses get some kind of damp and it can be a bugger to get rid of once it gets hold . Ours is a new house ( 15 year old ) and the problem we have is that it is so well insulated we have to have two dehumidifiers running 7 months of the year at night  to take the water out of the house , we get around 3 litres of water every morning at the moment which will cut back to two in a month or so .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 1:59pm

beware of damp

Yes to an extent but most houses get some kind of damp and it can be a bugger to get rid of once it gets hold . Ours is a new house ( 15 year old ) and the problem we have is that it is so well insulated we have to have two dehumidifiers running 7 months of the year at night  to take the water out of the house , we get around 3 litres of water every morning at the moment which will cut back to two in a month or so .

Jaysis. I dont have that problem. Not yet anyway! 10 year old gaff. 

I air out all rooms and there are vents everywhere so i would assume that does the trick.

AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 2:21pm
Air is good but still need a little warmth in the winter imo
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 5:17pm
How the feck do you dry the clothes then if the heating isn't on?
Only reason why I have the heating on, otherwise it would take a week for a wash to dry.
The dark side.. And the light
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

How the feck do you dry the clothes then if the heating isn't on?
Only reason why I have the heating on, otherwise it would take a week for a wash to dry.
We have just bought a dryer for the first time. Much handier. Not as expensive as they used to be to run,so I hear. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 6:57pm
and drying clothes indoors is terrible for the aul damp.
But has to be done 
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 159160161162163 180>
  Share Topic