You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Weather

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 156157158159160 180>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 11:40am
Turkey in a heatwave was nasty. Walking anywhere was a struggle 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Don't think I've ever been in a hot a place as the trams out to the stadium in Bordeaux for the Belgium game. People having to take jerseys off and dry them on the ground.

It's hot, and it's been a few years since I've experienced it as hot here, but we're lucky that we don't get a lot of humidity. Without that, we really don't know what it's like in the likes of Spain or the Middle East.

When it's roasting, the breeze we get is tremendous Clap

The stadium in Lille with the roof closed was ridiculously hot. Yet still didn't hold a candle to the Mexico game in 94 which was actually criminal scheduling. And no water bottles allowed on pitch, absolute madness.

Only game in the group that was played in Orlando as well. Other games were in NY and Washington
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Don't think I've ever been in a hot a place as the trams out to the stadium in Bordeaux for the Belgium game. People having to take jerseys off and dry them on the ground.

It's hot, and it's been a few years since I've experienced it as hot here, but we're lucky that we don't get a lot of humidity. Without that, we really don't know what it's like in the likes of Spain or the Middle East.

When it's roasting, the breeze we get is tremendous Clap

The stadium in Lille with the roof closed was ridiculously hot. Yet still didn't hold a candle to the Mexico game in 94 which was actually criminal scheduling. And no water bottles allowed on pitch, absolute madness.

Only game in the group that was played in Orlando as well. Other games were in NY and Washington
I said before at that game there was this Big Irish Woman who waddled up to her seat just before kick off and just on the stroke of Half Time she was carried out by at least six lads . In that time she had turned from White to bright Red .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 12:36pm
You knew it was ridiculous when even the Mexico manager was condemning FIFA about the scheduling - as he said, to suit European TV. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 3:42pm
I know it's redundant at this stage, lads, but, holy f**k, the amount of balloon knots on show today would make a man cry.

Thank God the weather will cool this weekend is all I'll say.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

You knew it was ridiculous when even the Mexico manager was condemning FIFA about the scheduling - as he said, to suit European TV. 

Aye, sure the Final was played at 12pm which was ridiculous too. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 5:07pm
Weather warning for rain & thunder. I hope you miserable ****s are happy 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

LOL

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 8:10pm

Ohhhhhh it lashed it down in Galway City and there was thunder loads of lighting on the way home to the sticks . Funny when i left the city it was 29c and when i got home 20 mins later it had dropped to 21c .
Feels cool may have toi turn the heating on to get it back up to 30c Wink
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 8:34pm
Very heavy rain here for about 10 minutes and nothing else, but a really nice breeze and it's cooled down a nice bit Clap
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 8:38pm
Had about 2 hours of dark clouds and then thunder and lightening and then some rain but passed over now and far fresher as a result.  

Had the rainfall radar checked so knew it was coming between 5pm and 7pm. 
AKA pedantic kunt
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 10:55pm

There'll be some p*ssing and moaning when it's raining constantly next week LOL

Today was probably the best day in terms of heat to breeze ratio.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 1:26pm
got back Wednesday from a weeks camping on the dingle peninsula, could’ve been in the Greek islands with that weather,warm sea in the early evenings and all, what a spotClap

Local food n drink merchants lashing into the prices though,fairly steepLOL
No Pasaran!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 3:49pm
I am going to definitely miss the turnaround the wife has been able to produce with the clothes. Epic drying weather these past weeks
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

I know it's redundant at this stage, lads, but, holy f**k, the amount of balloon knots on show today would make a man cry.

Are you on a sex offenders list? 
It would damage this forums' reputation
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I am going to definitely miss the turnaround the wife has been able to produce with the clothes. Epic drying weather these past weeks
Wow! An old fashioned guy , does she bring you a scotch on the rocks as you loosten your necktie coming in the door too?LOL
“Dinner in fifteen hon, soon as I get the kids settled”
LOLLOL
No Pasaran!
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 1:10am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Are you on a sex offenders list? 

Not that I'm aware of.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 1:17am
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Wow! An old fashioned guy , does she bring you a scotch on the rocks as you loosten your necktie coming in the door too?LOL
“Dinner in fifteen hon, soon as I get the kids settled”
LOLLOL

Are you telling me that you actually know how to use a washing machine?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 156157158159160 180>
  Share Topic