You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Formula 1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 2:42pm
safety car was out till the last lap, it was Hamilton ahead of Verstappen, they pulled the lapped cars out of the way and let the top two off with one lap to decide the championship. Brill it tv, I’d be pissed off if I was Hamilton tho
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 2:43pm
LOLLOLLOL

Delighted for Hamilton the prick. 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 2:43pm
They didn't allow all the lapped cars through though, just the ones between Max and Hamilton. 

I dont think this is the end of it!
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 3:15pm
Judging by the reactions of Wolff, and those on commentary, it seems like Hamilton was shafted.

Dramatic ending to the season though. It's a pity that Verstappen won't be in season 4, it would have been great viewing as the season developed.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 3:18pm
Hamilton 17 seconds clear at one point, think the lead was 10 seconds when the accident happened. You’d have to have some sympathy for him but amazing television. 
The last 2 races have been full of drama Clap
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 8:31pm
Hamilton was unlucky, home and hosed bar for the freak accident that had nothing to do with anyone in the title race.

I get why the race marshalls did what they did, they wanted the title to be decided by racing, not just closed down due to an accident. Letting all the crs through would have had the effect of the race ending beind a safety car. 

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 11:23pm
More I think about it the more I am angry about the way it went down. 
Ok it's motor racing and you don't want to finish behind the safety car but do you throw protocols out the window just to make it happen? 

Not a big Hamilton fan or anything but just feels he was robbed today. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 11:54pm
Hamilton should have been forced to give the position back on the first lap! The same happened Max in the last race and he gave the position back twice! Max the deserving champion over the year. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 12:09am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Hamilton should have been forced to give the position back on the first lap! The same happened Max in the last race and he gave the position back twice! Max the deserving champion over the year. 

Not saying Max didn't deserve it over the whole year. The other instances where they gave the position back, the overtake was completed but was dangerous. This was different as Hamilton had nowhere to go when they were racing around the the turn but go off but he stayed in front. He got an advantage but then he gave it gave the advantage back by slowing down. 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 12:12am
Was glad to see Max get it in the end. But, if it was the other way around, Horner & RB would be going nuts!
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 12:13am
Max had overtaken him so it’s not an advantage unless he gives back the position.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 12:49am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Max had overtaken him so it’s not an advantage unless he gives back the position.

It was a little different. I do think that would have been the controversial moment had Lewis won and I do think that he probably should have given the place back, but it wasn't as clear cut. I also don't think it would have made too much difference on the number 1 car. I think Hamilton would have still had the stronger pace overall. Then what really done Hamilton were the safety cars and mcclaren trying to keep track position. Cost Hamilton in one of the earlier GPs as well when he was out in front and was the only car not to pit during a safety car and ended up losing a podium. Overall, Red Bull probably has mcclarens number on strategy too over course of season 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 8:54am
From Hamilton's comments during the race o his team, and his quietness after the race towards Verstappen, I get the feeling that Lewis was more disappointed in his team's strategy than the stewards. Not sure what anyone could have done though. Mercedes took a risk leaving him out, Red bull took a risk bringing Max in twice. Only one gamble could pay off.

As Brendan said, if the teams were in the opposite positions, they'd both be similarly upset/delighted.
Ecumenical Matter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecumenical Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 9:18am
Not a F1 fan normally given that most of the cars and drivers are complete no hopers but it was some finish.  Pretty classy reaction from Hamilton given the circs. 
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 10:20am
G'wan Max Clap
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2021 at 6:46am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

They didn't allow all the lapped cars through though, just the ones between Max and Hamilton. 

I dont think this is the end of it!

They couldn't let the others past, as there wasn't the time. The red flag should have stopped the race altogether when the crash happened for a standing restart. Then everyone would have accepted the result. It was fitting though that such a see saw season would be decided on the last lap of the last race. You can't buy drama like that. It's tv ratings gold. It's on every news bulletin, every newspaper, and everybody is talking about it. It even was prioritised on Ireland AM over Katie Taylor, and the egg chasing, and the EPL. That doesn't happen every day of the week. 

I've never seen a team so grumpy and gloomy after winning the Constructors though. For a man with something to say about everything, Wolff decided to sulk. Not even an interview given afterwards. Those grapes must be very sour indeed. 
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2021 at 7:51am
swings and roundabouts through the season with rules bent.
One factor not mentioned much is that Hamilton comeback with 4 races to go (he needed to win all 4) was helped greatly by the intro of his 5th engine. (Racers are allow 3 but can use more but are penalised via grid position). This gave him more power than the rest of the fields making the end of the season so exciting.

All teams can to the same but not all teams have the same money for mid season research etc..

The advantage clearly outweighs the penalty in this instance.

LH has been very gracious after his bad luck at the weekend perhaps recognising the above and that some of his championchips have been processions.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 2:30pm
New series of Drive to Survive was released yesterday, loved the last few series.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
  Share Topic