You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John Flanagan - Is he eligible?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2013 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Again, reposting this link :

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-jon-flanagan-not-3354654

Which has been contradicted by a number of reports since.

Yeah, but none of them with any conclusive proof that he is eligable.
Sponsored Links

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2013 at 2:20pm
google says irish examiner says he qualifies for ireland.

google says daily star thinks he qualifies

Ireland manager Martin O'Neill will try to convince Liverpool full back John Flanagan to play for the Boys in Green according to the Daily Star.

The 20-year-old England under-21 player qualifies through his grandparents.

Predominantly a right-back, he made his Liverpool debut in 2011 under Kenny Daglish and was named Young Player of the Year at the club.

But after two seasons with limited appearances, Flanagan made his first start for 18 months in the 2 - 0 defeat to Arsenal.

He also played the full 90 minutes against Everton in last Saturday's Merseyside derby.

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard praised his performance in that match, going to say:

“He reminds me of Carragher in a lot of ways. I don't think you would judge Jon in terms of ability or skill, but he is all about heart, desire, determination and fighting for the cause."

Flanagan was rumoured to be close to a switch to Ireland in 2012 but nothing materialized.

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2013 at 3:18pm

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Again, reposting this link :

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-jon-flanagan-not-3354654

Which has been contradicted by a number of reports since.

Yeah, but none of them with any conclusive proof that he is eligable.

True, I've yet to see anything conclusive either way.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2013 at 3:32pm
Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard praised his performance in that match, going to say:

He reminds me of Carragher in a lot of ways. I don't think you would judge Jon in terms of ability or skill, but he is all about heart, desire, determination and fighting for the cause."

Ability OR skill? High praise indeed Mr. Gerrard! LOL
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2013 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

He's not eligible, this has been confirmed on a number of occasions of various sites.

but is he eligible though ?

One of the lads on Foot.ie I think it was knows his uncle and he was adamant that Jon is not eligible, last link is a great or even great-great grandparent.
We're decent enough..
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2013 at 9:20pm
at least he looks like mark lawrenson without the mullet and moustaches
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2013 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

He reminds me of Carragher in a lot of ways. I don't think you would judge Jon in terms of ability or skill, but he is all about heart, desire, determination and fighting for the cause."

So he's a lump of sh*te so Stevie?
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
gwhite View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 8:20am
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/spartak-open-to-offers-as-hull-join-hunt-for-mcgeady-29843312.html
"However, it has emerged that Liverpool full-back Jon Flanagan is ineligible to switch allegiance from England to Ireland as he does not meet the criteria."
keith11 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keith11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

So he's a lump of sh*te so Stevie?

It was all said very tongue-in-cheek by Gerrard as Carragher was sat next to him in the Sky studios. Even mentioned that Flanagan was close to bettering Carraghers scoring record :)

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 1:21pm
moving to the ineligible section
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic