Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 18751876187718781879 1939>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 10:11am
I know yeah, I was expecting to lose him to an EPL team but not the Saudis.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 10:42am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Money talks sadly.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 11:02am

If he went to England probably only get £12-15m max. Suits us financially for him to move to Saudi.

I always thought we would have a big re-build this year due to performances of our players over the past two years, they were likely to be eyed up for big money moves. 

One of Rodgers downfalls in his first stint was recruitment. Hopefully lessons have been learned since then. 
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 11:42am
Home game v Rangers set for Sat 30 Dec at 12.30pm. What is the likelyhood that this will be moved to the Sunday for Sky does anyone know? I know it's hard to tell but do they often move that to a Sunday?
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Home game v Rangers set for Sat 30 Dec at 12.30pm. What is the likelyhood that this will be moved to the Sunday for Sky does anyone know? I know it's hard to tell but do they often move that to a Sunday?

Gaz, with kick off time stated Id say thats it confirmed. Couldnt see them putting it on NYE anyway. 
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Gaz, with kick off time stated Id say thats it confirmed. Couldnt see them putting it on NYE anyway. 

Yeah they'd be asking for trouble sticking on NYE with people drinking all day. Might take a chance and just book the flights
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Jota gone and Mooy retires Cry
Jota is a huge loss. 

They’re both big losses tbf; Mooy was great after the World Cup. 

Celtic need to get the finger out now and make some proper signings. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2023 at 6:50am
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 2:32pm
Glen Driscoll was at the first day of the return to training today for the team

Japanese guys get an extra week off as they had later intl games than the rest of them
turbo10 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 8:55pm
I'm sure a chunk of the Jota money will be spent, but even without a replacement its a strong front 3 of Abada kyogo and Maeda. Important to keep Abada.
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 9:35am
gutted to see Jota go but you cant turn down £30m when you think the huns transfer calculator had £40m for fatty and the goth and they left for nothing 

rumour is 2 in by friday 1 very significant 

no approach yet to united for McTominay either 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 9:44am
Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

gutted to see Jota go but you cant turn down £30m when you think the huns transfer calculator had £40m for fatty and the goth and they left for nothing 

rumour is 2 in by friday 1 very significant 

no approach yet to united for McTominay either 

Fabian Rieder?
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 10:00am
borges from city is what i have heard
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 10:19am

Fantastic news about Kyogo signing a four year contract for the Bhoys.

Edited by Double Maxim - 04 Jul 2023 at 10:32am
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 11:34am

Yep, on here about 6 weeks ago lol

Leicester looking him too unfortunately
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 11:49am

He could tear that league up. Similar to Scott Sinclair in his prime.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Very good chance Celtic will pull out of their match in South Korea in a few weeks

Roma & Wolves have just pulled out after falling out with the same organisers from the same tour

The Japan tour looks unaffected however

Celtic Park Statement read: "It is with deep regret that Celtic Football Club has been forced to withdraw from our match in South Korea.

"The Hoops were originally due to play English Premier League side, Wolves, later this month, but numerous financial and logistical operations were not met by the tour promoter, and after weeks of delays, the Club has taken the difficult decision to terminate the contract and pull out of the tour.
"The Club and the players were excited about visiting South Korea and giving our fans the opportunity to see the team, but unfortunately, due to factors entirely outwith our control, we have been left with no other option than to withdraw from the match."

Brendan Rodgers’ side will head to Japan for two matches against Yokohama F. Marinos (July 19) and Gamba Osaka (July 22) before returning to Lennoxtown to continue their pre-season preparations."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 5:23am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 18751876187718781879 1939>
  Share Topic