Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 18691870187118721873 1936>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2023 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Ange is gone 
Do ‘we go again’ with Benny Rodgers?

Can’t see it

Too much ill feeling 
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2023 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Ange is gone 

As long as it's not Moyes or Graham Potter!!

Graham Potter would actually be a great shout for Celtic IMO. I think his style would be perfect. 
I love beer gardens
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2023 at 10:48pm
Celtic fans turning their nose up to Graham Potter? LOL

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2023 at 10:50pm

Steven Gerrard is free. He knows what it takes to win the SPL. I think his daughter is named Lourdes also so there’s a cultural fit too. 
El Puto Amo
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2023 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Celtic fans turning their nose up to Graham Potter? LOL

Disagreed with that also

No chance he’d go, will get a PL job no problem which means 4 times the salary 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2023 at 11:36pm
With Postecoglou getting a big money move to a top 8 side in England off his excellent performances with Celtic it becomes an attractive job for any potential suitor! 

It would be a punch in the gut to the fans if they appoint someone like Steve Clarke or John Kennedy.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2023 at 11:49pm
Kennedy’s going with him to Spurs according to reports

Straight into the CL group stages again next season (I think?) 
A good squad and money in the bank
It sure is an attractive job 
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 12:26am

Ange is gone 

In a word, no. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 2:03am
Keane double act #RoyRob
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 2:58am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Keane double act #RoyRob

Ya wha Gay? 
Let Christy Take It.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 12:10pm
Surprising the amount of tweets I'm seeing from Celtic fans saying they'd take Rodgers back. 

Playing devils advocate here, but when the dust settles is there much of a difference in what he and Ange have done. OK he should have stayed to the end of the season, but other than that...

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 12:12pm

Surprising the amount of tweets I'm seeing from Celtic fans saying they'd take Rodgers back. 

Playing devils advocate here, but when the dust settles is there much of a difference in what he and Ange have done. OK he should have stayed to the end of the season, but other than that...

Jesse Marsch getting linked as well
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 12:22pm
I'd take Rodgers back.

He made the wrong decision in leaving in the manner in which he did - but he was still a great manager for Celtic.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 12:28pm
It raises the uncomfortable proposition that the biggest challenge Celtic face is the overall SPL product. Ange has won 5/6 domestic trophies in two seasons, re-established Celtic as absolute top dog, and has won a number of personal accolades. He is potentially moving south to a club that has no European football, has passed the point of competing for top honours, and may lose its world-class striker this summer. The enticement is the EPL product, and the 'potential', and that is something that I think will continue to hold Celtic back from reaching the top of the European game again, and will also impede its ability to hold onto good players and managers, long term. Ange is a serial winner. But this will be a challenge, and for reasons beyond his control.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

It raises the uncomfortable proposition that the biggest challenge Celtic face is the overall SPL product. Ange has won 5/6 domestic trophies in two seasons, re-established Celtic as absolute top dog, and has won a number of personal accolades. He is potentially moving south to a club that has no European football, has passed the point of competing for top honours, and may lose its world-class striker this summer. The enticement is the EPL product, and the 'potential', and that is something that I think will continue to hold Celtic back from reaching the top of the European game again, and will also impede its ability to hold onto good players and managers, long term. Ange is a serial winner. But this will be a challenge, and for reasons beyond his control.

On what planet could Celtic within the SPL ever reach the top of the European game.  That is not something new. Spurs were in a champions league final not too long ago and are a mile off it now but are still closer to it than Celtic who are in the CL next season. Ange needs to do what Poch did at Spurs a few years ago and it’s going to be tough with no Harry Kane coming through.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

On what planet could Celtic within the SPL ever reach the top of the European game.  That is not something new. Spurs were in a champions league final not too long ago and are a mile off it now but are still closer to it than Celtic who are in the CL next season. Ange needs to do what Poch did at Spurs a few years ago and it’s going to be tough with no Harry Kane coming through.  

Maybe not reach the top, but make them functional in Europe again. 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 1:34pm
Vast manority of Celtic fans would take Rodgers back. Celtic aren't going to get anyone of his calibre if not.
turbo10 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 3:26pm
Ya I'd be happy enough with Rodgers. You'd expect he'd keep the dominance going in Scotland. He didn't do well in Europe last time, but hopefully that could improve given the squad he'd be inheriting.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 18691870187118721873 1936>
  Share Topic