Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 18401841184218431844 1936>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Ange "I keep hearing opposition managers saying we get everything. 
The only penalties we've taken so far are the ones in training so I'm looking forward to getting one!"

LOL
Sponsored Links

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 1:12pm
In fairness, Celtic have had plenty of rubs of the green in their time.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Like when?
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Like when?

Almost a decade of unchallenged dominance. A decision could have been taken to allow Rangers re-enter the SPL immediately. Two occasions on which rule breaches gave them passages into European competition. Those are undoubtedly two of the biggest rubs of the green in modern football.
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 2:27pm
Rangers were liquidated and dissolved. There was no luck on Celtic's part, the bigger luck was Rangers as a new club being allowed straight into the 4th tier.

Celtic have been on the end of some shocking referee decisions down the years. Would break the Internet listing them all
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Rangers were liquidated and dissolved. There was no luck on Celtic's part, the bigger luck was Rangers as a new club being allowed straight into the 4th tier.

Celtic have been on the end of some shocking referee decisions down the years. Would break the Internet listing them all

That didn’t automatically mean that Rangers would have been demoted. I have argued a lot here as to the difference between the dissolution of the corporate entity, and the death of the ‘club’, which predated incorporation. An alternative approach, could have been to have focussed on the club, or demoting them one division. Celtic had the greatest opportunity to secure a historic ten in a row, and essentially made a bags of it.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 2:45pm

Old Bing Crosby Classic.....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 3:03pm
Bernabei looked poor yesterday 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 3:13pm

Great input as usual Het.

Some of the decisions yesterday were a disgrace, hard to believe with the amount of attacking Celtic do they haven’t got a penalty in the league this season.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Great input as usual Het.

Some of the decisions yesterday were a disgrace, hard to believe with the amount of attacking Celtic do they haven’t got a penalty in the league this season.

I didn’t resort to emojis or umpiring debates between other posters. So I suppose…
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 3:24pm
Scotland need outside referees. 
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 8:31am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Without a doubt.

Tom Boyd talking to Gerry McCulloch from Celtic Tv Tom spot on. 

TB: That is absolute nonsense, that’s scandalous, that’s scandalous from Mr McLean. He’s been privy to controversy in our games before.

GM: The manager knows, he knows that should have been a penalty.

TB: The problem with VAR, as I said before Gerry it’s not VAR’s fault it’s the people who are interpreting it, that is a penalty. There has been three decisions, one he’s got right, two he’s get wrong.

GM: Well I don’t quite understand that one to be honest.

TB: Yes, the fear from Celtic supporters, among others, have certainly come to fruition, and the manager even shaking his head. He doesn’t get too animated by some decisions by referees, but you seen him on that occasion.

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Without a doubt.

Tom Boyd talking to Gerry McCulloch from Celtic Tv Tom spot on. 

TB: That is absolute nonsense, that’s scandalous, that’s scandalous from Mr McLean. He’s been privy to controversy in our games before.

GM: The manager knows, he knows that should have been a penalty.

TB: The problem with VAR, as I said before Gerry it’s not VAR’s fault it’s the people who are interpreting it, that is a penalty. There has been three decisions, one he’s got right, two he’s get wrong.

GM: Well I don’t quite understand that one to be honest.

TB: Yes, the fear from Celtic supporters, among others, have certainly come to fruition, and the manager even shaking his head. He doesn’t get too animated by some decisions by referees, but you seen him on that occasion.

they used to call us paranoid, i think saturday finally showed that we are not 

as much as i wanted VAR in it would always be the operatives that need to be questioned

even bobby madden gaslighting us on the penalty and other decision says a lot 

Ange will call them out in his own way 
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 4:13pm
Christmas Eve home fixture v St Johnstone now a 1230ko
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 5:13pm
Starfelt & Jota still missing for tmrw
Turnbull fit and very likely on the bench
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 5:43pm

Happy birthday to the maestro Paul McStay.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2022 at 7:08pm
Tonight's team news

CELTIC: Hart, Juranovic, Carter-Vickers, Jenz, Taylor, O’Riley, Hatate, Kyogo, Abada, Giakoumakis, Haksabanovic.

Subs: Bain, Siegrist, Mooy, Turnbull, McCarthy, Bernabei, Abildgaard, Maeda, Forrest, Ralston
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2022 at 10:46pm
Same story again tonight. Had a good few decent chances but didn't take them. The slow build up works well sometimes but other times there's one or two extra passes which break down and possession is lost. A long diagonal pass every now and again wouldn't hurt and Giakoumakis is strong and good at holding up the ball and with a defender on his back. They did it a couple of times tonight but a few more times might have opened up Shakhtar a bit more. 

Kyogo doesn't look as sharp as he did last season. Hatate gave the ball away a lot and put the team in trouble several times. Giakoumakis has been really good and deserves to start more for the rest of the season. Taylor has really improved compared to the last few years, I thought he would be gone last summer but he's no 1 for the left back position. Winning the league again is the number one priority now, it would be nice to pull away from the rest and win it with a bit to spare.

The recent results for Scottish teams in Europe has affected the coefficient, will the winner of the league automatically qualify for the group stages next year or is it too soon to know? 
Let Christy Take It.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 18401841184218431844 1936>
  Share Topic