Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17611762176317641765 1936>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 9:04pm
Pity they took Abada off he looked a real live wire 
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Fair play to the referee for having to balls to send the player off.

That's twice he was trying to con him by diving. No need for it. It's about time referees have the balls to make that call.

Aah now it was on the lowest end of diving. Barely even a dive. Very harsh. Could have used a bit of common sense there.
I love beer gardens
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 9:09pm

That's twice he was trying to con him by diving. No need for it. It's about time referees have the balls to make that call.

He deserved to get a yellow for exaggerating it and  it doesn't happen too often but agree with the co-commentator that it was a foul. If he didn't swan dive, he'd have gotten the free. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Aah now it was on the lowest end of diving. Barely even a dive. Very harsh. Could have used a bit of common sense there.

He still dived.

More often than not, a referee would let it slide - 

Horrific goal keeping by Barkas - all 3 keepers should be replaced.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 9:19pm
How was the Midtjylland player sent off for that? LOL
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

How was the Midtjylland player sent off for that? LOL

Two yellows.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 11:18pm
Celtic’s back line consisted of Ralston, Welsh, Murray and Taylor for the second half, that is a truly pathetic back four.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 11:20pm
Welsh and Murray did well I thought 
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Welsh and Murray did well I thought 

Agreed, the other two were rotten. Taylor is a sneaky lazy player. The amount of times hes caught out of position and walks back. His crossing his abysmal too.. Cant fault Ralston for effort, hes just terrible. O'Connor came on for 20 mins on Sat and looked a far better player.

Welsh tackle for the goal looked good, but it seems you cant get away with them these days and need to stay on your feet.

I was willing to give Barkas a chance this season, but that mistake last night has compounded the fact he wont do. Also came for a cross and the ref bailed him out with an easy free.

At bare minimum we need a new GK, RB, LB and CB. Ideally another CB and striker as well.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 10:11am
After an incident-packed first competitive game as Celtic manager, Postecoglou said: “I can’t ask any more of the players.

“We will be better prepared, no doubt, in eight days’ time

“In fact, I don’t think we will ever be as badly prepared as we were tonight going into such an important game and that’s on me.

“It is, I’m the manager of the football club. I’m the one that takes that responsibility of providing support for the players and staff.

“If things aren’t happening it’s on me to make them happen.

“I haven’t done a great job so far to be honest because with the disruptions we’ve had, we haven’t been able to bring the players in.

“My role is to try and reinforce this squad and to try to prepare this squad for what is ahead, and to their credit, the players didn’t look for excuses tonight.

“They put in a solid shift and I’m just disappointed they didn’t get the rewards for what I thought was an outstanding performance.”

-- I like the cut of his Jib --
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

After an incident-packed first competitive game as Celtic manager, Postecoglou said: “I can’t ask any more of the players.

“We will be better prepared, no doubt, in eight days’ time

“In fact, I don’t think we will ever be as badly prepared as we were tonight going into such an important game and that’s on me.

“It is, I’m the manager of the football club. I’m the one that takes that responsibility of providing support for the players and staff.

“If things aren’t happening it’s on me to make them happen.

“I haven’t done a great job so far to be honest because with the disruptions we’ve had, we haven’t been able to bring the players in.

“My role is to try and reinforce this squad and to try to prepare this squad for what is ahead, and to their credit, the players didn’t look for excuses tonight.

“They put in a solid shift and I’m just disappointed they didn’t get the rewards for what I thought was an outstanding performance.”

-- I like the cut of his Jib --
I’d be worried if that’s the results that outstanding performances get.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 6:44pm
Confirmed Carl Starfelt is now a Bhoy.
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Surely we couldnt have been waiting on the Ajer deal to go through to finance this? Could have been doing with him last night, as by all accounts he passed his medical last week. Not sure what list Russia is on, hopefully doesnt have to quarantine and is available for Wed night. 

Couple of full backs and a keeper are top priority now.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Surely we couldnt have been waiting on the Ajer deal to go through to finance this? Could have been doing with him last night, as by all accounts he passed his medical last week. Not sure what list Russia is on, hopefully doesnt have to quarantine and is available for Wed night. 

Couple of full backs and a keeper are top priority now.

He's not available for Wednesday sadly

CSCD View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 7:08pm
https://youtu.be/Rgaiu2nMp5w
Celtic stuff starts 22:00ish
He was a legend there
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 9:05am
Tribute to Charlie Gallagher.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 8:16pm
Only a friendly, but the two teams seemed, on paper to be at significant strength. But, if (and that's a big if, considering the fact it was a friendly), Celtic are like that during the season, they won't be close to any sort of a title challenge. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 9:24pm
I sense another Ronnie Delia stretch.
I love beer gardens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17611762176317641765 1936>
  Share Topic