Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16671668166916701671 1936>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 1:54pm
No chance they will do 10 in a row.  One of these things you can just intuitively sense before the season even starts.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Probably would have been better off losing that game, a draw should keep Lennon in his job.
We could have lost 9-0 and he still would have stayed. 
A shambles at the back and no midfield cover at all. McGregor probably could have been sent-off earlier, so I was amazed he didn't go at the end. Brown was brutal in the lead up to it.

The referee gave us everything today, I expect Tones to be on to complain about him.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 2:33pm
More dropped points today

Rangers, highly motivated and well managed by Steven Gerrard, will win this league comfortably

Things are really going off the rails for Celtic, who have been bloated by years of unfounded hubris and complacency

tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 2:35pm
I actually thought we would get beat today
Absolutely awful all the same
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 3:08pm
Shane Duffy is awful. Only for injuries, Covid etc he should be dropped.

McGregor could have gone a few times for us. 

3rd goal conceded was a disgrace, the guy waltzed from halfway line to edge of our box no one laid a glove on him.

Honestly couldnt care less about the cup semi next week, unneeded distraction.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 3:10pm
[QUOTE=tonyjaa]I actually thought we would get beat today
Absolutely awful all the same[/QUOTE

It felt like a defeat today with the late goal.

Edited by Double Maxim - 25 Oct 2020 at 3:10pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

3rd goal conceded was a disgrace, the guy waltzed from halfway line to edge of our box no one laid a glove on him.

Any game that has followed anything close to this sort of script has lead to similar. Lennon's teams are incapable of taking the sting out of games. At 3-2 he brought Brown on for this reason, but it didn't work. Just kill the game for a bit! 
There are so many players out of form and that seem to be lacking a yard of fitness for it be individual issues. Elyounoussi has lost pace; Ajeti looks like he was brought in from the pub; Duffy is well off it; Frimpong is scared to try and beat his man for pace...
The longer players are at the club the more off the pace they look. Something is very wrong and it might even be too late to try and fix it.
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 3:38pm
Lennon blaming the Ref says he was poor... deluded not Willie Collums faults Celtic can't defendđź‘Ž
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 3:48pm
Eddie Howe trending #1 on Twitter with all the Celtic fans calling for him.

Support looks to be massively favourable.
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

Any game that has followed anything close to this sort of script has lead to similar. Lennon's teams are incapable of taking the sting out of games. At 3-2 he brought Brown on for this reason, but it didn't work. Just kill the game for a bit! 
There are so many players out of form and that seem to be lacking a yard of fitness for it be individual issues. Elyounoussi has lost pace; Ajeti looks like he was brought in from the pub; Duffy is well off it; Frimpong is scared to try and beat his man for pace...
The longer players are at the club the more off the pace they look. Something is very wrong and it might even be too late to try and fix it.

Thats the problem, a new manager has no time to bed in. If it is an issue with Lennon and the players then the best thing might be to let Kennedy take the reins. Could it be any worse?

I cant even think of a decent replacement. Not sure Howe would be the answer. Apparently Keane wouldnt be considered again after Desmond after turning it down previously. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 6:36pm
I wouldn't want Keane anywhere near it.

I saw Pearson's name being mentioned as short term replacement. He was ultimately the one behind Leicesters success and I thought he did well at Watford before getting sacked.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 6:44pm
Reports of a bust up with Lennon and players...
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Reports of a bust up with Lennon and players...

Is it true do you think?
Saw a screenshot of a story of a leaked video of the bust up but can’t see anything on twitter about it 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 8:18pm
Think it’s fake news that Lennon bust up story
If you click on the link it takes you to a story about Celtic reminding their fans to wash themselves 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 25 Oct 2020 at 8:19pm
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 10:23pm
Eddie "homesick for Bournemouth when he went to manage Burnley" Howe

Aye
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Eddie "homesick for Bournemouth when he went to manage Burnley" Howe

Aye
Wouldn’t touch Howe with a barge pole!if Lennon’s in a bad head space they’ll have to make a call quick. The overriding feeling I get when i watch Celtic though is a lot of the players wouldn’t run through a brick wall for you and the leader brown is done!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 11:31pm
It’s funny that I used to hear people saying Lennon needs to calm down on the sideline and tone his behaviour down a bit, and now everyone is saying he doesn’t seem interested as he sits quietly in the dug out 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 25 Oct 2020 at 11:31pm
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 11:34pm
Is Mark Hughes available?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16671668166916701671 1936>
  Share Topic