Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16521653165416551656 1935>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 8:03pm
Best performance of the season by far
Brown & Taylor had very good games too

Not getting carried away just yet

The month of October is monumental
Sponsored Links

tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 8:46pm
Neil Lennon reckons Celtic produced a dazzling “10 out of 10” show as they hammered Hibs.

But the Parkhead gaffer's joy has been tempered by the fact he’s facing a fraught final week of the transfer window and that key man Albian Ajeti has joined James Forrest on the crock list.

Lennon was buoyant after his team’s dynamic performance to hammer Hibs by a 3-0 scoreline.

The manager felt it was a stunning show and said: “It was ten out of ten, the best of the season. One of the best of my time as manager the first or second time around.

“I thought we were outstanding and I thought the football we played was brilliant. The control of the game was brilliant.

“We defended when we had to, really well. And it was just an outstanding all round team performance.

“It was a big game for us. Hibs came here having not dropped a point away from home, but we were miles ahead in all departments.”

However, it wasn’t all plain sailing. Ajeti will join Forrest in being scanned after tugging his hamstring while scoring the second goal of the win.

Lennon said: “Hopefully that will only be a couple of weeks. He [Ajeti] has not had a lot of football in the last 12 months and you can’t just throw him into game after game.

“We try to do it bit by bit, getting him fitter game by game. Then something like that happens. It’s unfortunate because he is in great goalscoring form and we will definitely miss him.

“He [Forrest] has a scan and then we will have a fair idea of the length of time after that. I would doubt very much he would make the Scotland game.

“Ryan Christie will be fine. He was almost like winded by an elbow on the stomach and pretty sore at half-time. He should be okay.”

Injury concerns mean Lennon wants to keep his main men in place until the window closes as well as adding a left-back and he said: “I speak to Nick [Hammond] every day. We are spinning a few plates on a couple of players.

“We want to add maybe just one to the squad and keep everybody else. It’s going to be fraught because it’s the last week of the window.

“There could be a lot of people scrambling for players and we are not immune to that, but we don’t want to sell anybody and I think we are quite strong on that at the minute.”

Odsonne Edouard came off the bench following Ajeti’s injury, but he was upstaged by a superb second-half show from fellow sub David Turnbull and a sizzling display by Jeremie Frimpong.

Lennon said: “He [Turnbull] did well. Showed great vision and looked comfortable in his environment. He has a bit of work to do. But I was really pleased with his contribution for the third goal and he looked assured out there.

“We think he is a very talented young Scottish player and we are delighted to have him. You will see more of him as he goes on.

“He [Frimpong] was back to form on Thursday night and brilliant. He provides so much enthusiasm and energy and quality to the team. He was outstanding.

“Albian and Mo [Elyounoussi] are good players so I have no qualms about leaving Odsonne out and giving him a break. He came on and looked good.

“Elyounoussi had another very good game. Intelligent play off the ball and a good finish for the third goal. I am delighted with him as well.’

“He [Edouard] has not been himself and he knows that. But for the length of time he was on he was great. We like to have depth and I don’t see it as competition.

“If someone is struggling a little bit for form or fitness then we have good players to come in and play and make us as good as we were.”
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 12:02pm
Duffy looked ropey enough yesterday at times
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 1:01pm
--Premier Sports 📺
@PremierSportsTV
2h
Hi there, unfortunately we won't be showing this game on Thursday--

UH OH
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Duffy looked ropey enough yesterday at times

Couple of poor moments 1st half which could easily have been punished. Great block at 2 nil. 

Hasnt looked overly assured defensively yet. Hopefully it comes. 
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 2:33pm
Your @WilliamHill Scottish Cup Semi-Final weekend is confirmed.

🆚 @JamTarts v @HibernianFC
🗓 Saturday, 31 October – 5pm
📺 @PremierSportsTV & @BBCScotland

🆚 @CelticFC v @AberdeenFC
🗓 Sunday, 1 November – 2.30pm
📺 @PremierSportsTV
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 6:43pm
Jonathan Afolabi being linked with a loan move to Dundee.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 9:49am
Still no official word on where this Europa play off will be shown

Edited by tonyjaa - 29 Sep 2020 at 9:49am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

For anyone with IPTV it'll be shown on Arena Sports1.
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 7:40pm

celtic pass has it 

as for sunday much better 

early days but turnbull looks to have something about him plays with his head up, not going to go into comparisons but its been a while to see a player like him

whats the view on sevco here do we want them out thursday or in to help the coefficient ?
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

celtic pass has it 

early days but turnbull looks to have something about him plays with his head up, not going to go into comparisons but its been a while to see a player like him

whats the view on sevco here do we want them out thursday or in to help the coefficient ?

Id want them in on the basis that they have the same amount of games as us. 6 less games could benefit them, as they seem to be stretched with injuries as it is.

More talk of clubs interested in Ntcham. Hes probably the most sellable asset that I would be happy to let go from say him Ajer and Eddy. Good player but we have plenty of options there and his consistency isnt great.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 4:12pm
Tomorrows game on Celtic TV too.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 3:14pm
Have a feeling Ntcham will start tonight
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

celtic pass has it 

Id want them in on the basis that they have the same amount of games as us. 6 less games could benefit them, as they seem to be stretched with injuries as it is.

More talk of clubs interested in Ntcham. Hes probably the most sellable asset that I would be happy to let go from say him Ajer and Eddy. Good player but we have plenty of options there and his consistency isnt great.

problem with ntcham is he has all the ability - we just know know which one is going to turn up

the love st version where he gets sent off 

or the anderlecht away one where he kept going until it worked out that night - i think it was his best performance, also the huns struggle to deal with him 

the more i look at ajer in the left of a 3 and how often he goes to ground stupidly if there is £15m from Milan take it and run 

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 6:19pm
Any decent links for the match?
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Will have something closer kick-off! Hold tough!
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 6:41pm
...........Barkas
....Bitton..Duffy...Ajer
Frimpong..brown..McGregor..Taylor
.....Elyonoussi..Edouard

Bain, Julien, ElHamed, Ntcham, Turnbull, Klimala, Griffiths
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Will have something closer kick-off! Hold tough!

Only on Celtic TV so I assume links would be limited?
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16521653165416551656 1935>
  Share Topic