You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16291630163116321633 1936>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Bolingoli is still better than Taylor.

I actually think you are right. On Sunday Boli was on for about 5 mins and swung in about as many crosses as Taylor the whole time he was on. Also a much better athlete.

Truth be told you would struggle to make a decent left back out of the Paiute of them. An upgrade needed on the pair of them. 
Sponsored Links

Reillers88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Bolingoli is still better than Taylor.

I agree also - but as said elsewhere they are both sh*te. I don't think we need to buy either - give luca connell a go. 
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Lennon thinks he was talking to another club. Difficult to see any other reason for the secrecy and brevity of the visit. I can't see any way back for him at Celtic now and the club has a big decision to make which will no doubt be dictated by financial interest above any other considerations.
I was wondering - as were told players are thick as s**t and can’t do anything without them - if his agent was aware of his trip to Spain but didn’t go a far as thinking it was to meet with another club - all of which can be done by phone and probably unusual up to medical time.

Anyway club should cut his contract if they can - if not make his train alone - everytime he steps out of line fine him and donate to charity.

The lack of games could cost the club championships league never mind chasing servco for a few months.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 9:42am
Still infuriated at this
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 9:42am
Shane Duffy linked on a season loan

I dunno, think he's too wreckless and will get 'sent off for fun in Scotland'
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 9:54am
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Shane Duffy linked on a season loan

I dunno, think he's too wreckless and will get 'sent off for fun in Scotland'

I think he would be good for at least 10 goals a season for us. The amount of free kicks/corners we put into the box that come to nothing are criminal. Ajer and Julien miss a bucket load of chances. 

Defensively, Id like to think he could cope with the physical players we struggle with.

With regards a deal, Id imagine Brighton would want to punt him permanently and get a bigger fee. If hes determined to move to Celtic the player and Brighton will have to compromise on the shortfall of his wages as I cant see Celtic picking up the full whack, reportedly £50k/week.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 10:00am
He is exactly what we needed last Sunday. He is far from perfect, but he is a tough no-nonsense centre-half with a bit of experience and seems to be a supporter. He will also add a big threat from set-pieces.
I would be delighted if he signed and would have no fears about him being sent off at all. He seems to have matured a bit.
fr larry duff View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fr larry duff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 10:43am
Would be delighted if he signed, the type of physical, no nonsense defender we have been crying out for!  
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 11:52am
Ajeti seemingly confirmed. Protracted nature of the transfer would concern me along with his West Ham record. Hopefully can replicate his Basel form.

Slightly surprised its a permanent move. Loan option give us a get out of jail card if he doesnt perform. 

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 12:09pm
A bad night for Celtic with Rangers winning and Neymar putting in a MOTM performance to put PSG through to the semi final of the Champions League.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 1:17pm
Neil Warnock has confirmed that he was trying to get Boli to Middlesbrough on loan before the Spain story broke but is glad in light of subsequent events that it didn't happen. He will not be going back for him now.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 1:23pm
Warnock admitted he wanted to take him to Teesside ahead of the new campaign but won't be going back in for him now.

He told talkSPORT: "I rang Celtic last week to try and get Bolingoli on loan, good job we didn’t get him."

And when asked if he would go back in for him now, he replied: "No I don't think so."

Warnock also admitted he felt a bit sorry for Lennon because managers and clubs can't be expected to look after players 24/7.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 1:58pm
http://www.celticfc.net/news/18422
Ajeti signs
Bayo relegated of the #10 !
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 2:12pm
duffy a left back and a winger please and thank you and that should do us 
Olaf View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

duffy a left back and a winger please and thank you and that should do us 

James McClean and Shane Duffy in one window LOL
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 3:11pm
i wouldnt let mclean anywhere near celtic 
Olaf View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 3:44pm
Johnny Hayes looked a reliable player for Celtic, I think its fair to assume James McClean would be a stand out player in the SPL for Celtic. It seems inevitable to me, sooner rather than latter McClean will be in Glasgow. 
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 4:43pm
McClean would be sent off every game for existing

Whereas , Duffy would get sent off every game for a clumsy tackle deemed too aggressively Fenian by the mason in the middle

Edited by tonyjaa - 13 Aug 2020 at 6:15pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16291630163116321633 1936>
  Share Topic