You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16131614161516161617 1936>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 10:30pm
Home jersey has been leaked (finally!) and without the sponsor she's going to be a beaut 😍 
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2020 at 8:06pm
Good interview with Johnny Ward from Love/Hate a big Celtic supporter. 

@horsebox  Darndale gets a mention.

Edited by Double Maxim - 12 Jun 2020 at 8:42pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2020 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Reillers88 Reillers88 wrote:

Home jersey has been leaked (finally!) and without the sponsor she's going to be a beaut 😍 

Believe it or not they aren't official pics lol

It is believed to be a near carbon copy of what the actual kit looks like though

How have they managed to keep this secret for so long??

tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2020 at 4:32pm
DURING a playing career that spanned three decades, Damien Duff captained his country, won two English Premier League titles and played in two European finals.

Despite these great achievements, the Irishman considers the last 16 months working under Neil Lennon as Celtic’s first team coach to be the best of his sporting life.

The 41-year-old departs Paradise for family reasons, and will now concentrate on his new role as assistant manager to Stephen Kenny with the Ireland national team.

“The role I had at Celtic was my dream job,” said Duff in an exclusive interview with the official Celtic website. “I’m absolutely gutted, devastated to be leaving, especially at this time, when we’re going for 10.

"It was absolutely a family decision. There is no job in the world that would have taken me away from the role I was in. I’d love to be a brilliant coach one day, but I think it’s more important at the minute that I’m just a brilliant dad, I guess.

“For the first while I was away, my kids were like, ‘Daddy, Daddy, stay for nine and 10’, but as time went by, it was more, ‘Daddy, Daddy, when are you coming home?’ Celtic is one big family, but my family is here as well.

"It was the best year-and-a-half of my sporting life, and I include my football career in that. It was an absolute dream with amazing people. I’m gutted, but my kids need me, which is always the most important thing to any dad.”

Having joined Celtic as assistant manager of the reserves side in January 2019, Duff graduated to the first team six weeks later after the unexpected departure of Brendan Rodgers and his backroom staff.

He, in turn, worked with Neil Lennon and John Kennedy, helping the Hoops win the Treble Treble of 2019, the League Cup of 2020 and the club’s ninth consecutive league title this season in the process.

He added: “I’d never really planned out a coaching career. When you retire it can be quite a scary time, so I thought I’d try my hand at my coaching badges, and from there everything happened a lot quicker than I would have thought. In the space of three to four months, I went from coaching 15-year-olds at Shamrock Rovers to being on the sidelines at Tyencastle.

“Like anything in life, I guess I got there because of hard work, 24/7, I was the same as a player. It was amazing, and listen, I’ll be watching every game here from home. Like most Irish people, I was always a Celtic fan before all of this, and now having been in there, loving the guys so much, I’ll be keeping tabs from afar every game on the TV.

“It was great to get a few trophies along the way, in such a short time, and it was an absolute rollercoaster. Working with top people, it was great and amazing learning experience.

"Like I said when I came in, the only club that would have taken me away from home was Celtic, but then with my family based in Ireland, the only thing that would have taken me away from Celtic was my family.

“It was one big rollercoaster and me leaving was one big catch 22, but it was an amazing 18 months working with great staff. The gaffer in the best in Scotland. John Kennedy is the best assistant manager around – I’ve worked with many coaches in my life, but John is one of the best coaches in the world, without a doubt. It’s been amazing learning off him, and Stevie Woods as well, he’s well-respected all around the world and a world-class coach.

“Align that with the players. The players are the best group in the country, amazing characters, amazing talent. The likes of Brown, McGregor, working with them day-in, day-out, that was a dream. It’s all in a good place, and I’ll definitely be back as a fan, hopefully to celebrate, at the end of this season if not before.”
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2020 at 4:42pm
Big praise for Kennedy, must be future manager material

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 13 Jun 2020 at 4:43pm
Reillers88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2020 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Originally posted by Reillers88 Reillers88 wrote:

Believe it or not they aren't official pics lol

It is believed to be a near carbon copy of what the actual kit looks like though

How have they managed to keep this secret for so long??

That could be something to do with Adidas having two different types of all their new jerseys--there's an elite version then a cheaper variant. 
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2020 at 8:41pm
Craig Gordon yapping to the S*n about our contract offer. Personally think hes an average keeper. Good shot stopper and thats it. Watched him a right few times doing his warm up, one of the most lethargic players I have ever seen. Seems like a sulky character too.

If we can get FF back, Gordon will be no great loss. 
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 3:21pm
Apparently the first 3 qualifying rounds of the champs lge are gonna be one off games - luck of the draw as to whether your team is home or away

To be made official tmrw
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 4:11pm

Apparently the first 3 qualifying rounds of the champs lge are gonna be one off games - luck of the draw as to whether your team is home or away

To be made official tmrw

Yea UEFA have a meeting to discuss the format tomorrow.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 4:40pm

I see Glen Loovens has been scouting for Celtic.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 6:10pm
How so DM?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 6:32pm

How so DM?

Just said in today's Sunderland Echo that he has been scouting players for Celtic.
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

I see Glen Loovens has been scouting for Celtic.

Hopefully his scouting skills are better than his skills as a defender. 
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 8:20pm

To be made official tmrw

This would be a slight concern when you take one off results like Red Imps. In reality the teams in the first two rounds we should be beating home and away.

Would away goals count in these fixtures? Surely the home team is at a disadvantage if they do.  
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 8:27pm
Good interview there with BBJ. 

: Celtic Soul Podcast Episode 6 John Hartson - Celtic Soul Podcast | Acast @MIUI| https://shows.acast.com/celtic-soul-podcast/episodes/celtic-soul-podcast-episode-6-john-hartson
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 9:23pm

To be made official tmrw
surely a neutral venue would be fairer 
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 8:39am
Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

To be made official tmrw

This would be a slight concern when you take one off results like Red Imps. In reality the teams in the first two rounds we should be beating home and away.

Would away goals count in these fixtures? Surely the home team is at a disadvantage if they do.  

But they have the advantage of being at home
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 8:46pm
Gavin Strachan in to replace Duff

Peterborough youth coach 2011-2014
P'boro first team coach 2014-2015
Ilkeston Town Manager 2015
Doncaster Rovers assistant 2015-2018
Peterborough assistant 2019-2020

Edited by tonyjaa - 20 Jun 2020 at 8:51pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16131614161516161617 1936>
  Share Topic