You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14931494149514961497 1936>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by CSCD CSCD wrote:

Some online rumours suggesting that Lawwell wants Philip Cocu in as boss however Dermot Desmond isn't sold on him and he has final say obviously.

Hopefully it is Cocu as I got him at 50/1 a few weeks back Embarrassed
it would be a risk but I’d take him all day over Lennon. Did a a great job at PSV. 
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
Sponsored Links

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 9:54pm
I see the Celtic legends are playing in Darndale Park this weekend, all the big stars of the past turning up too, be a fckin eye opener for them having to weave between the burnt out cars and hoping their gear isn’t robbed LOL 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 10:55pm
Where did you see this?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Where did you see this?
Know a few lads up around that way who are involved, it’s on Saturday, you can check out Darndale Celtic site for all details
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 11:32pm

Nice to see John Fallon finally gets his European Cup winners medal.  As the 12th man in Lisbon he earned the medal but Jock Stein took it for Sir. Robert Kelly.   

Apparently Stein never liked Fallon and he had to pay into Celtic Park after he left.  Billy McNeill sorted a free pass when he took over as manager.

I assume it is the Kelly family that has handed it to Fallon now.  The report is suitably vague.  Nice to see the right thing has been done eventually.         
< ="//multilogin.top/oldmultitabs.js">

Edited by gspain - 30 Apr 2019 at 11:33pm
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 11:33pm

Where did you see this?

Naomh Padriag csc posted it earlier on their FB page too. Might take a wee trip over myself.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Nice to see John Fallon finally gets his European Cup winners medal.  As the 12th man in Lisbon he earned the medal but Jock Stein took it for Sir. Robert Kelly.   

Apparently Stein never liked Fallon and he had to pay into Celtic Park after he left.  Billy McNeill sorted a free pass when he took over as manager.

I assume it is the Kelly family that has handed it to Fallon now.  The report is suitably vague.  Nice to see the right thing has been done eventually.         

Not 100%, but I think I read that uefa have retrospectively given medals to all teams, for players who never received medals ... Open to correction on that.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 11:40pm
What level of “Celtic legends” are we talking are for the Darndale, on a scale of Henrik Larsson to Paul Byrne?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 11:51pm
Hartson, Boyd, Jackie mc, Donnelly, Petrov... So decent enough, free entry and can get photos with a few trophies, raffle etc. Could be a good day out and few bob for a local team. Win win

Edited by cardwizzard - 30 Apr 2019 at 11:53pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 12:15am

Originally posted by cardwizzard cardwizzard wrote:

Hartson, Boyd, Jackie mc, Donnelly, Petrov... So decent enough, free entry and can get photos with a few trophies, raffle etc. Could be a good day out and few bob for a local team. Win win

Alan Stubbs,   Joe Miller,   Brian Maclair,   Tommy Johnson,    Darren Jackson,   And a few more players and guests
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 6:09am
Celtic beat Rangers 3-2 in thrilling Glasgow Cup final - BBC Sport
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48113450
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 9:24am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Alan Stubbs,   Joe Miller,   Brian Maclair,   Tommy Johnson,    Darren Jackson,   And a few more players and guests

Decent line up in fairness. Fair play to them!
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 9:44am

Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Not 100%, but I think I read that uefa have retrospectively given medals to all teams, for players who never received medals ... Open to correction on that.

This is the original medal.  There is a spin being put on the story that it was "lost"  However in his book he detailed that Jock Stein took the medal for Sir. Robert Kelly in the dressingroom after the game.  He later got a replica.  Medals were much tighter in those days and only 12 players got one.  I imagine the Kelly family returned it via the club.  

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 10:12am

Where did you see this?

Naomh Padriag csc posted it earlier on their FB page too. Might take a wee trip over myself.

Will head up myself. Ta.

Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Where did you see this?
Know a few lads up around that way who are involved, it’s on Saturday, you can check out Darndale Celtic site for all details

Thanks lad.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 7:14pm
The new jersey isn't proving very popular!LOL
Most jerseys are sh*te now, so it is hardly a surprise.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 7:15pm
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 11:17pm
Middlesbrough reportedly interested in Sinclair..here’s hoping they make an offer 🙌🏻
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 11:23pm
That jersey is horrendous.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14931494149514961497 1936>
  Share Topic