Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14651466146714681469 1939>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 10:00am
If Lennon goes in now he will win the league and cup and sadly will get the job long term again.

Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 10:07am
On the plus side, Ibrox will self-combust if Lennon takes Celtic to 10 in a row!
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 10:08am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

On the plus side, Ibrox will self-combust if Lennon takes Celtic to 10 in a row!

LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 10:09am
I can’t help but feel that the thought process behind this is fairly straightforward. 1.Leave with Celtic 8 points clear, and therefore gets credit for the title when it is won. 2.Join a former Premier League champion with a brief to get them back to winning titles. For BR it’s win-win.

Obviously only a small set of people would see it that way. Leicester’s win in 2016 was remarkable due to the events that contrived to permitnit happening. Although it’s an uncomfortable fact the mass failures amongst the usual suspects in title races played into it. My point is, as fantastic a story as it was, it won’t be repeated, and Leicester have gone through a corrective period since, and losing Mahrez and Kante has been pivotal.

I would have thought given the nature of this year’s SPL, it would be the best win yet, and also he has managed to have Celtic in and around the Champions League over the past four years. That won’t be nearly as achievable with Leicester, especially with the Top 6 becoming its own cartel, even with the likes of
Chelsea suffering the difficulties they are.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

If Lennon goes in now he will win the league and cup and sadly will get the job long term again.

Lenny is available knows the club and many of the players.

I'd imagine he'd be happy to take it on until the end of the season so if that't the case makes sense.

Celtic should try and get Steve Clarke ant the end of the season.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 10:11am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Big smile
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 10:15am
in Lenny we trustClap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I can’t help but feel that the thought process behind this is fairly straightforward. 1.Leave with Celtic 8 points clear, and therefore gets credit for the title when it is won. 2.Join a former Premier League champion with a brief to get them back to winning titles. For BR it’s win-win.

Obviously only a small set of people would see it that way. Leicester’s win in 2016 was remarkable due to the events that contrived to permitnit happening. Although it’s an uncomfortable fact the mass failures amongst the usual suspects in title races played into it. My point is, as fantastic a story as it was, it won’t be repeated, and Leicester have gone through a corrective period since, and losing Mahrez and Kante has been pivotal.

I would have thought given the nature of this year’s SPL, it would be the best win yet, and also he has managed to have Celtic in and around the Champions League over the past four years. That won’t be nearly as achievable with Leicester, especially with the Top 6 becoming its own cartel, even with the likes of
Chelsea suffering the difficulties they are.
The nature of this year’s SPFL is arguably down to Rodgers though! Celtic’s away form seemed to be a by product of his bizarre tactical thinking. There was constant tinkering away from home that lots of it inexplicable.
In saying that, Celtic and Rangers are both roughly on the same points as they were at this stage last season. I think we all got carried you after the result at a Ibrox, where he played Callum McGregor at left-back!

If his brief is to win titles at Leicester, then it is absolute lunacy to go. I doubt it is. In the exciting world of the EPL, the aim will be to qualify for the Europa League and then fail in it as the league is the priority.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 10:29am
Honestly, my thinking is that it would be BR’s thinking that he has been brought in to win titles.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Honestly, my thinking is that it would be BR’s thinking that he has been brought in to win titles.
Ah come off it man!LOLLOL
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 10:46am
To me, there is everything right with it as a mentality.

However, I just can’t understand departing Celtic for Leicester after the transfer window has closed and there is nothing to fight for.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 10:49am
In that case, I give him six months. Tops!
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 10:52am
He wanted John McGinn but got mulumbu and izzaguire, downhill from there. Hopefully he takes Lee Congerton with him but I doubt it. Neil lennon can fcuk right off..don’t want him back at the club
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 10:58am
Who chose Mulumbu and Izzy? Surely Rodgers was having some input to the signings. It wouldn't have taken a football genius to know that Izzy was done when he left Celtic.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 26 Feb 2019 at 10:58am
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 11:04am
Wonder if Rafa would be interested in Celtic in summer if (when) he leaves Newcastle
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 11:08am

Who chose Mulumbu and Izzy? Surely Rodgers was having some input to the signings. It wouldn't have taken a football genius to know that Izzy was done when he left Celtic.

Maybe there lies the problem decisions being made over Rodgers head?
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Maybe there lies the problem decisions being made over Rodgers head?
Sounds similar to what was going on when he was at Liverpool with that transfer committee eg Mario Balotelli.

I wonder how much say he'll get in the transfer market at Leicester if, as expected, he does take the job.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 11:56am
It happens at a lot of clubs these days. I would still say Rodgers would have to say yes or no to every signing though.
Don't think its the reason he's leaving Celtic at this stage of the season. Its money motivated IMO.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14651466146714681469 1939>
  Share Topic