You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14641465146614671468 1936>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 1:50am
I think it's a positive if celtic can win the league easily without breaking the bank. Save the funds for years they really need it. Anybody know the spending differences the past few seasons between rangers and celtic? 
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 6:47am
Originally posted by BaileNuisBhoy BaileNuisBhoy wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

That dodgy goal today is the first celtic have conceded in Scottish competition this year. I think that's a sign of the quality of other teams attacking ability rather then celtics defence. 
You think right! That Toljan's another defender who can't defend!

Some great goals today though.
yeah we’ll definitely need to keep looking for that new right back in the summer

The four Celtic goals were quality yesterday and Ewan Henderson had an impresive full senior debut.

Edited by Double Maxim - 25 Feb 2019 at 6:48am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 3:08pm
Sutton thinks Rodgers will go in the summer to Leicester
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Sutton thinks Rodgers will go in the summer to Leicester
Logically, it would not make much sense to leave now. There is no job security at Leicester and very high expectations as a result of their EPL title. Sure, the money will be better, but his career could be in tatters.
He could stroll to ten in Scotland, leave Celtic a legend and still have the opportunity to test himself in the EPL again, possibly in a more secure job.
CSCD View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 4:05pm
I'm gonna randomly and specifically predict that Rodgers will become Villareal manager in the summer.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 9:41pm
Yeah his stock would be higher doing the 10 and then a move back to the EPL. Although if he doesn't achieve the 10 he will lose a lot of stock. 
RoyD View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 8:31am
Looking Rodgers gone, Lennon in till the end of season. Gutted
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 8:34am
The Celtic board will be licking their lips at a potential £5m compensation for Rodgers

Don't want Lennon back, thanks.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 9:00am

Rodgers, Davies and Toure away to Leicester.

Lennon in until the end of the season Sleepy

FFS
He'll be cupping his ears from start to finish at Tynecastle tomorrow night. It'll be all about him

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 9:22am
Disappointed in Rodgers. He must have been mad to get away. Shocked he didn't stay to see out the treble.

Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Disappointed in Rodgers. He must have been mad to get away. Shocked he didn't stay to see out the treble.

Maybe they just told him its now or not at all? 
Some people just deserve a slap
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 9:26am
Odd decision but obviously things weren't right between Rodgers and Celtic board and of course he'll get a bigger wage at Leicester then Celtic.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 9:35am
Things are never right between the Celtic board and manager in the end.

I don't really agree that they didn't back Rodgers though. He had plenty of money to spend.
fr larry duff View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fr larry duff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 9:38am
absolutely gutted and ripping!
must've been a lot more to the fall out with the board in the summer than they were letting on. rumours that Rodgers wanted to stay till the end of the season but the board wanted to cash in on a compo package of £9m, wouldn't surprise me with lawell the sh*t!

surprised him going to Leicester, apart from the money what's the ambition? finish 6th and qualify for the Europa or a stepping stone to one of the big jobs in England?

celtic plc trying their best to blow 10iar :(
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 9:41am
Compensation was reported to be £5m, is it £9m now?

Now we know how Rodgers first wife felt.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 9:48am
Makes no sense at all. I would put a few quid on him not being Leicester manager this time next year and his stock being a lot lower.

Lennon certainly isn’t the replacement needed either.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 9:51am

Makes no sense at all. I would put a few quid on him not being Leicester manager this time next year and his stock being a lot lower.

Does it really matter though who goes in there until May? They're going to win the league regardless 
Some people just deserve a slap
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 9:57am
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Does it really matter though who goes in there until May? They're going to win the league regardless 
Yes, whoever goes in now needs to be there beyond May. Celtic’s most important time of the season is July and August. There is more at stake than the league title.

I can be honest about Rodgers now though, always struck me as a ****! We might get a manager that knows what a defender is supposed to do and where Boyata can go.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14641465146614671468 1936>
  Share Topic