Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14571458145914601461 1937>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 10:15am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

To be expected really. That defensive isn't good enough for Scotland, it is hardly going to be good enough for Europe. Benkovic is a huge loss.

I expected Valencia to be better, they look ordinary enough.
Have Celtic conceded a goal in Scotland this year? 
No. They also haven't played had any really difficult fixtures. St. Johnstone away was the trickiest and the defence looked appalling,albeit better than away at Rangers and Aberdeen.

There is no shame in losing to Valencia, but there has to be in the manner of the defeat. All they had to do was press Celtic's defence to get mistakes and Rodgers decided to persevere with Plan A, largely because it is all he has got. He got everything wrong last night, a regular occurrence in Europe.
 Celtic have to look at how other clubs are doing it in Europe.

Sponsored Links

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 10:16am
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

2 Tickets for Celtic V Aberdeen 9th March with 1 nights stay in Jurys Inn Glasgow available if anyone wants it. £100
just because they lost last night you’re not going. Joke of a fan you are
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 10:24am

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

To be expected really. That defensive isn't good enough for Scotland, it is hardly going to be good enough for Europe. Benkovic is a huge loss.

I expected Valencia to be better, they look ordinary enough.
Have Celtic conceded a goal in Scotland this year? 
No. They also haven't played had any really difficult fixtures. St. Johnstone away was the trickiest and the defence looked appalling,albeit better than away at Rangers and Aberdeen.

There is no shame in losing to Valencia, but there has to be in the manner of the defeat. All they had to do was press Celtic's defence to get mistakes and Rodgers decided to persevere with Plan A, largely because it is all he has got. He got everything wrong last night, a regular occurrence in Europe.
 Celtic have to look at how other clubs are doing it in Europe.

Another fan of the Swiss Ramble I see. He's very good.

And, while those figures aren't there, Celtic only make so much money from European TV because they get a slice of the UK TV money pie. If there were separate TV deals for England and Scotland, they would get a f**kload less from UEFA because their market share allocation would be much less, assuming a Scottish TV deal would be significantly smaller than a UK one, even accounting for the fact that Celtic would get a bigger slice of a smaller pie.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 10:31am
Yeah, from what I remember it is a set percentage per competition for Scottish sides. I think Celtic got 10% of the whole BT deal for the CL last year . The whole thing is f**king ridiculous. The fact that fans are even talking like accounts should be enough to close the whole game down, with no disrespect meant to accountants. Even fans who are accountants shouldn't be talking about football like accountants!

The Swiss Ramble is good at informing of this stuff though. It's very well put together.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Couldn't string more than 3 pass's together in the middle.

exactly , its f**king misery 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

2 Tickets for Celtic V Aberdeen 9th March with 1 nights stay in Jurys Inn Glasgow available if anyone wants it. £100
just because they lost last night you’re not going. Joke of a fan you are

LOL
Asking for my mate and he asked me before the match Thumbs Up

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 11:48am
Sounds like Killie could have Eamonn Brophy back in the team this afternoon after injury.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 12:20pm
Going to the Livingstone game on the 6 April with my son. Only been to one other game before which was a Sunday kick off and had no problem getting a taxi after. This is a Saturday game, we’re in the Kerrydale bar so will be around 6 when we leave the ground.

Is it easy get a taxi, bus or is it better to walk- staying in the city centre. Also is it safe to walk back
George Zip View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Zip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

Going to the Livingstone game on the 6 April with my son. Only been to one other game before which was a Sunday kick off and had no problem getting a taxi after. This is a Saturday game, we’re in the Kerrydale bar so will be around 6 when we leave the ground.

Is it easy get a taxi, bus or is it better to walk- staying in the city centre. Also is it safe to walk back

If you are walking back into the city Centre go via the Gallowgate. I have done it before and it took about 35 minutes. It would be best to avoid walking back through the London road if you’re leaving after most of the Celtic fans have already gone.

http://www.celticfc.net/pages/gettinghere
"Tell them to get out there and give it all they got and win just one for the Zipper. I don't know where I'll be then, Doc," he said, "but I won't smell too good, that's for sure."
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by George Zip George Zip wrote:

If you are walking back into the city Centre go via the Gallowgate. I have done it before and it took about 35 minutes. It would be best to avoid walking back through the London road if you’re leaving after most of the Celtic fans have already gone.

Great, thanks, are buses ok to take, or would it be easy enough get a taxi at that time?
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Zip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 2:29pm

Great, thanks, are buses ok to take, or would it be easy enough get a taxi at that time?

I’m usually on a supporters bus after the game so not too sure about the public transport. If your worried about the son just wear scarves and stick them in your jackets after the game. Go on to the ‘Kerrydalestreet’ or ‘Talkceltic’ forums and they will advise you there or ask the locals when you’re in the Kerrydale?
"Tell them to get out there and give it all they got and win just one for the Zipper. I don't know where I'll be then, Doc," he said, "but I won't smell too good, that's for sure."
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 2:51pm

I’m usually on a supporters bus after the game so not too sure about the public transport. If your worried about the son just wear scarves and stick them in your jackets after the game. Go on to the ‘Kerrydalestreet’ or ‘Talkceltic’ forums and they will advise you there or ask the locals when you’re in the Kerrydale?

Thanks again, me son is 20 lol, so not worried about him, more worried about me and my lack of pace
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Zip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 3:09pm

Thanks again, me son is 20 lol, so not worried about him, more worried about me and my lack of pace

Jaysus, I thought he was only a kid.
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 4:27pm

It's too long a walk. You can get a bus from the Forge shopping centre into city or get a taxi along the Gallowgate. Drover bar on the Gallowgate is a nice bar which shouldn't be too busy after the game if you wanted a drink or 2 before getting into city. Should have no problem getting a taxi from there.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 4:27pm
Jaysus them false pitches really are brutal to watch matches been played on
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

It's too long a walk. You can get a bus from the Forge shopping centre into city or get a taxi along the Gallowgate. Drover bar on the Gallowgate is a nice bar which shouldn't be too busy after the game if you wanted a drink or 2 before getting into city. Should have no problem getting a taxi from there.

Thanks for that
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 4:38pm
The hun books the hun
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 4:44pm
Toljan has looked shaky so far today 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14571458145914601461 1937>
  Share Topic