Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12981299130013011302 1937>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 6:56pm
Top of the table clash tonite !!
On BT
The XI is.....

...........Gordon
Lustig..Bitton..Boyata..Tierney
...Armstrong.Brown.Rogic
..Forrest..Dembele..McGregor

Subs: DDV, Ajer, Ntcham, Roberts, Sinclair, Hayes, Griffiths

Very surprised that Sinclair & Roberts are on the bench, could backfire

Edited by tonyjaa - 25 Oct 2017 at 6:57pm
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 8:30pm
Tierney worth at least £40m in today’s market
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 8:37pm
Quality stuff from Celtic first half.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 8:39pm
That was destruction

If only Forrest shot ACROSS goal right at the stroke of HT and it would've been 3 and out of sight
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

It's rather refreshing seeing a defender who actually loves defending more so than the Kyle Walkers and Dani Alves's of this world where it's all attack, attack, attack.

If Celtic can hold onto him until he's 22/23 I have no doubt the club will get top dollar for him.

It's a win/win for him and the club if they can hold onto him for another few seasons.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 10:09pm
Beautiful magical

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

It's rather refreshing seeing a defender who actually loves defending more so than the Kyle Walkers and Dani Alves's of this world where it's all attack, attack, attack.

If Celtic can hold onto him until he's 22/23 I have no doubt the club will get top dollar for him.

It's a win/win for him and the club if they can hold onto him for another few seasons.

That's a strange comment. 

It's pure conjecture to say he loves defending more than the other two who are good defenders anyway.

GD why do you pluralize individual players like the most cliched BBC/SKY pundit would? I cannot stand that sh*te. There is one Dani Alves and one Kyle Walker playing football at the top level. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 10:21pm
McInnes - my best player last season sits on the Celtic bench and gets a cameo role, my best player this season is a Celtic player
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

It's pure conjecture to say he loves defending more than the other two who are good defenders anyway.

GD why do you pluralize individual players like the most cliched BBC/SKY pundit would? I cannot stand that sh*te. There is one Dani Alves and one Kyle Walker playing football at the top level. 

Don't comment on it so, easy annoy you Thumbs Up

I've been a football coach for over a decade, if you were a coach and actually see how frustrating it is when you see your full backs neglecting their defensive duties time and time again you well understand my comment.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 10:35pm

Don't comment on it so, easy annoy you Thumbs Up

I've been a football coach for over a decade, if you were a coach and actually see how frustrating it is when you see your full backs neglecting their defensive duties time and time again you well understand my comment.

I don't think it's fair to say they neglect their defensive duties time and time again in the sense that they're a liability. They're both good defenders defensively too. 

It is annoying that you resort to cliches and I will point it out so suck it up baby!! Tongue

Anyway back on topic Thumbs Up
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 10:43pm
Kyle Walker is an average defender when it comes to his defensive duties, but is a brilliant attacking full back.

Kieran Tierney is a very good defender when it comes to his defensive duties which is why I said what I said and backed up my point in the process.

It's annoying you're starting to use "Rim Me" which is clearly Qman's thing on here, but do I care on the grander scheme of things, no. 

So maybe you should just critique my actually post with the point at hand instead of those cliches that annoy you so much....

Edited by Green Devil - 25 Oct 2017 at 10:44pm

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 10:53pm

Kyle Walker is an average defender when it comes to his defensive duties, but is a brilliant attacking full back.

Kieran Tierney is a very good defender when it comes to his defensive duties which is why I said what I said and backed up my point in the process.

It's annoying you're starting to use "Rim Me" which is clearly Qman's thing on here, but do I care on the grander scheme of things, no. 

So maybe you should just critique my actually post with the point at hand instead of those cliches that annoy you so much....

I'll criticize both as I don't need to do it on your terms but regarding the post, I think it's a bit premature to rate Tierney as a better defender defensively than Walker who is seemingly only an 'average' one. I haven't seen Tierney during some of  the Scotland games and some of the Celtic CL ones but he's looked pretty good all the same. 

He has a lot more to do before being considered better than Walker imo.
stokeirish View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stokeirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 10:58pm
Really happy with tonight. Our best performance this season so far imo and big Moussa is back!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 10:59pm

I'll criticize both as I don't need to do it on your terms but regarding the post, I think it's a bit premature to rate Tierney as a better defender defensively than Walker who is seemingly only an 'average' one. I haven't seen Tierney during some of  the Scotland games and some of the Celtic CL ones but he's looked pretty good all the same. 

He has a lot more to do before being considered better than Walker imo.

Why is it premature?

I watch Tierney every week and like most on here it's nearly impossible to not see City on the telly most weeks nowadays so it's my opinion.

Why do you think Spur's were so eager to sell Walker? They had a ready made replacement in Trippier who cost peanuts and is arguable a better defender. Which is ideal for Spurs because they aren't as dynamic in an attacking sense as City who will arguable see the best of Walker because of this and he fit's their style of play down to a tee. 

Just because I said Tierney is better defensively does not mean he is an all round better player than Walker because he isn't, Walker has far more to his game currently than Tierney.

Edited by Green Devil - 25 Oct 2017 at 11:00pm

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 11:14pm
Trippier cost more than Walker for spurs, just clarifying that point GD

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Trippier cost more than Walker for spurs, just clarifying that point GD

I never said he didn't wee Philly but it's a pity from a Sheffield United point of view they didn't get a hell of a lot for him! 

Edited by Green Devil - 25 Oct 2017 at 11:15pm

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 6:34am
Superb stuff from Celtic last night just a shame they didn't score more.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 8:50am
Avoiding defeat tmrw at home to Killie will equal the unbeaten domestic record set by a Willie Maley Celtic team
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12981299130013011302 1937>
  Share Topic