Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12491250125112521253 1940>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 2:02pm
They're known as a Protestant club as they held a policy of signing no catholics for many many years after they were formed.
Or maybe this is a bit misleading? Maybe that wasn't sectarian either?

What exactly is sectarian in the Pre Madonna world?
Sponsored Links

greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 2:03pm
But it's ok for linfield to have a paratrooper's flag on display for their own games and I'd safely say there's not a paratrooper between them....
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

When hundreds if not thousands were killed just because of their religion, then its fair to assume that it was a sectarian war

indeed some people do not know what "the troubles" were all about LOL
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

When hundreds if not thousands were killed just because of their religion, then its fair to assume that it was a sectarian war

So there were no reckless killings were one side just went out to kill any random person of the other religion that they could find? This never happened during the troubles? Religion was never a factor?

Okkkaaaayyyy then Tongue

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 20 Jul 2017 at 2:08pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

But it's ok for linfield to have a paratrooper's flag on display for their own games and I'd safely say there's not a paratrooper between them....

Did someone on here say that was OK?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 2:09pm

They're known as a Protestant club as they held a policy of signing no catholics for many many years after they were formed.
Or maybe this is a bit misleading? Maybe that wasn't sectarian either?

What exactly is sectarian in the Pre Madonna world?
So their sectarianism means that the banner last night was sectarian as it was intended to wind them up, I am struggling with the correlation here.

I don't think they ever actually held a policy either, they have been at pains to point out the number of players from a Catholic background they have had throughout their history. Perhaps they did have one, but their own evidence would refute it.

Edited by pre Madonna - 20 Jul 2017 at 2:22pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 2:09pm
Baggio seem's to have hired Coyne's jcb, stand back lads the ill informed is about to dig a mass grave LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 2:10pm

So there were no reckless killings were one side just went out to kill any random person of the other religion that they could find? This never happened during the troubles? Religion was never a factor?

Okkkaaaayyyy then Tongue
And they were all killed over transubstantiation........okkaaayyyyy then.Tongue
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 2:11pm

Baggio seem's to have hired Coyne's jcb, stand back lads the ill informed is about to dig a mass grave LOL

The ill-informed. Yeah I've only lived in the north for 35 years.

There were no killings based on religion. Kingsmill and the Shankill Butchers were all an illusion

Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by fr larry duff fr larry duff wrote:

glad this tie is out of the way, maybe this thread can back to normality and we can concentrate on the football Smile

Seems you hopes are off the mark father.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 2:13pm

You're from Dublin, he's from the North.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

LOL and you're point caller
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 2:18pm

You are point caller?
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 2:22pm

You are point caller?
Great spot sir Clap now can you or the angry ill informed nordy tell me all about this great 30 year SECTARIAN war up north that we all missed down here
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 2:26pm
Never knew I had a jcb to be honest.

If I did I'd be burying all the political talk which overshadowed a football tie Dead
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 2:28pm

Are people seriously trying to argue that there were no sectarian killings in the north.
Is it also totally ludicrous that some may think of the IRA as a sectarian organisation? Did they never do anything that could be construed even slightly sectarian?

Get your head out of the clouds and I agree, get the thread back on the topic of football.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 20 Jul 2017 at 2:29pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Never knew I had a jcb to be honest.

If I did I'd be burying all the political talk which overshadowed a football tie Dead
First line was just a bit of a joke 
second line bang on Clap not the thread for it
When is the next round and are Celtic home or away in the first leg ?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 2:32pm

Are people seriously trying to argue that there were no sectarian killings in the north.

No, of course not. What I was doing was pointing out the ridiculous oversimplification of the conflict as sectarian and likewise everything connected to it being categorised in a manner that one would expect from a Sun reader from Kent.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12491250125112521253 1940>
  Share Topic