Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15771578157915801581 1936>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 5:25pm
Ive resigned to the fact that he will be sold in the summer

Enjoying every minute of him while he's here
Sponsored Links

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Ive resigned to the fact that he will be sold in the summer

Enjoying every minute of him while he's here
What price you reckon 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 11:44pm
Monaco have had a bid for Eddie knocked back. Allegedly.

Edited by pre Madonna - 26 Jan 2020 at 11:45pm
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 9:28am
Was over on Saturday. Defence is a real concern, getting caught out by hoofs up the field. Jullien's passing was awful. Think Lennon needs to pick his first choice left back and stick with him. After Hayes showing on Sat, I can see Bolingoli getting the nod for the run in. None of the three options fills me with confidence. 

Real nervy until Eddy was introduced. He showed some real class for his second. 

Tricky run of away games coming up, just need to keep grinding out results. 
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

Was over on Saturday. Defence is a real concern, getting caught out by hoofs up the field. Jullien's passing was awful. Think Lennon needs to pick his first choice left back and stick with him. After Hayes showing on Sat, I can see Bolingoli getting the nod for the run in. None of the three options fills me with confidence. 

agree about the left back situation. Cant keep playing the three of them, need to stick with one. I'd go with Taylor.. Not the best going forward but good defensively 
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 2:52pm

I was also at the game on Saturday before the peno Celtic had some scares and overall we were fortunate to keep a clean sheet.

Massive concerns too if Eddy gets injured.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 2:54pm
Jonathan Afolabi has joined Dunfermline on loan today and will be there until the end of the season.
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 3:17pm
All gone a bit quiet on the incoming side of things which is a concern. Benkovic mentioned, bit injury prone for my liking and not sure Lennon fancied him last year. Also seen whispers of Robert Snodgrass, dont see much in that one as I think hes been playing quite regular for West Ham. 
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

I was also at the game on Saturday before the peno Celtic had some scares and overall we were fortunate to keep a clean sheet.

Massive concerns too if Eddy gets injured.

Think Jullien's big goals vs them and Lazio has got him off the hook with some of his performances. Morelos had him and Ajer on toast the last two encounters and if memory serves right he give Benkovic is fill of it at Ibrox too. We really need a different type of centre back to deal with him. 

I thought the peno was fortunate at the time but seeing the replays it looked nailed on. Wasnt overly confident with McGregor on them and thought the keeper kept it out but it was badly needed as the breakthrough didnt look like coming. 
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by BaileNuisBhoy BaileNuisBhoy wrote:

agree about the left back situation. Cant keep playing the three of them, need to stick with one. I'd go with Taylor.. Not the best going forward but good defensively 

Tend to agree re Taylor. Let Frimpong provide the outlet at the other side and keep us tight on the left. Hayes seems to go from having one decent game to an awful one. Bolingoli probably better attacking but aside from his poor defensive game he seems like a sick note into the bargain. 
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 3:50pm

Jonathan Afolabi has joined Dunfermline on loan today and will be there until the end of the season.

Conor Hazard joins dundee until the end of the season also

Would like to see more of the youth players loaned out - especially to SPFL teams

Okoflex especially
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Conor Hazard joins dundee until the end of the season also

Would like to see more of the youth players loaned out - especially to SPFL teams

Okoflex especially
Exactly they need game time.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 6:43pm
Soro's paperwork has finally been sorted out and is officially a Celtic player.
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 8:09pm
Cup game against Clyde confirmed for 9th February at Broadwood. Clyde have already sold over 1500 tickets
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 8:51pm
Happy days
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 11:23am
One finished article who could go straight in and freshen up the team is all that was needed this window. The clock is ticking but doesn't look like one is going to be got. Something like the Elyonoussi signing I was thinking (when is he back from injury). Too over reliant on Edouard, especially in games against Rangers.

Could be a very costly decision come May

Sorro and Klimala aren't going to win Celtic the league this season.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 11:29am
Apparently a centre back is the only other position Celtic are looking to fill this window

Disappointing if so

Id imagine itll probably be another loan move for Benkovic (a guy who lenny didnt use at all in his tenure from last February)
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 11:42am
Lennon has talked about a winger. Id imagine it would be a left footed player that can cut in from the right, similar to Elynoussi on the other side. 

However after what I witnessed on Saturday, an experienced centre half would be a god send. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15771578157915801581 1936>
  Share Topic