You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aiden McGeady

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 207208209210211 220>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 10:47am
McGeady could have easily been as sh!te as everyone else last night and been whipped off at halftime, and you know it.

Don't fall into the trap lads of what could have been. The scourge of basing an argument on hindsight will rot your soul. 
Sponsored Links

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 10:53am
Who are the creative players that we can choose from that were available for selection yesterday ? 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 12:07pm
Is McGeady not playing centrally for Sunderland these days so it would have been very unlikely that he'd have played on the wings for us if he had been called up?
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 5:11pm
Scores again today. 

Turns 35 in a couple of days. It's a pity he was frozen out at Sunderland for awhile along with injuries as he may have actually been selected by McCarthy for the 2020 qualifying campaign. 

Couldn't give a toss if most don't agree but I think it was a fookin waste not having him involved with the Irish team set up the last few years given his natural talent. At the very least he would've been no worse than what we have. I know he's getting on but I think we could've had him in the role as an impact sub. 

He has been one of the very few of our players that is actually both in form and playing regularly. Both Serbia and Luxembourg would've seen him as more of a threat than anyone in our attacking line up imo. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Scores again today. 

Turns 35 in a couple of days. It's a pity he was frozen out at Sunderland for awhile along with injuries as he may have actually been selected by McCarthy for the 2020 qualifying campaign. 

Couldn't give a toss if most don't agree but I think it was a fookin waste not having him involved with the Irish team set up the last few years given his natural talent. At the very least he would've been no worse than what we have. I know he's getting on but I think we could've had him in the role as an impact sub. 

He has been one of the very few of our players that is actually both in form and playing regularly. Both Serbia and Luxembourg would've seen him as more of a threat than anyone in our attacking line up imo. 

Aido scored a quality goal today and put over some good crosses.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
DR.HUGO View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DR.HUGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 7:18pm
I still believe that he should have been in the last squad it’s teams like Luxembourg that he could have done damage he just has that bit more than anyone we have in the squad ...but that ship has sailed.....I like what SK is trying to do and he should rightly continue as manager...but McGeady was in my opinion a miss...having said that in two months his form might dip but right now he’s been terrific albeit in league 1
TigerRoll View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TigerRoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by DR.HUGO DR.HUGO wrote:

I still believe that he should have been in the last squad it’s teams like Luxembourg that he could have done damage he just has that bit more than anyone we have in the squad ...but that ship has sailed.....I like what SK is trying to do and he should rightly continue as manager...but McGeady was in my opinion a miss...having said that in two months his form might dip but right now he’s been terrific albeit in league 1

I fully agree with you. McGeady should of been recalled, he’s playing regular football and performing. If we were able to call Jack Byrne Graham Burke etc while they were in the LOI. Playing League One is undoubtedly a higher standard, and therefore shouldn’t have been held against Aiden.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by TigerRoll TigerRoll wrote:

I fully agree with you. McGeady should of been recalled, he’s playing regular football and performing. If we were able to call Jack Byrne Graham Burke etc while they were in the LOI. Playing League One is undoubtedly a higher standard, and therefore shouldn’t have been held against Aiden.
10 years age difference? And 80 caps of average enough performances? Time to move on maybe!
TigerRoll View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TigerRoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by TigerRoll TigerRoll wrote:

10 years age difference? And 80 caps of average enough performances? Time to move on maybe!

Ah yes I fully agree. Let’s move onto failing to beat the great footballing nations of Qatar/Luxembourg. Embarrassed
Aiden McGeady could of given us a different option this campaign, we don’t have my options at his calibre. 

Edited by TigerRoll - 02 Apr 2021 at 8:43pm
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 9:15pm
Do you know the difference between of and have?
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

He would be a rarity on here if he did!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

LOL and a massive shock given his wisdom filled posts so far.
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 9:40pm
All things considered, I don’t think it would’ve been any harm to have called him up. Absolutely nothing to lose tbf. 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

it's mad in fairness  
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 10:13pm
I thought I was the only one who got annoyed by the would of carry on on this site
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 10:42pm
Grammatical errors or a big, no no on this forum. I would be quite nervous posting especially if your going to get it wrong. It seems to piss a lot of people of. Maybe their should be some sort of spellcheck to people who struggle with there grammar?
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Grammatical errors or a big, no no on this forum. I would be quite nervous posting especially if your going to get it wrong. It seems to piss a lot of people of. Maybe their should be some sort of spellcheck to people who struggle with there grammar?

LOL

Funnily enough, everything above is perfectly understandable even with your numerous mistakes thrown in. The issue is that some posts are impossible to decipher as they are so incoherent. Less to do with grammar and spelling. 

Can't remember who the poster was, it may have been Aviva (apologies if it wasn't), who had a great response to the posts pointing out his grammar and spelling mistakes. It certainly silenced the grammar critics for a while.  
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

That should be 'you're and 'their', so you can't be that f**king nervous. 

Edited by pre Madonna - 03 Apr 2021 at 10:15am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 207208209210211 220>
  Share Topic