You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aiden McGeady

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 200201202203204 220>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 3:29pm
Two assists in the first 12 mins for Sunderland and Hoolahan winning player of the month.

I know they are both in league 1 but good to see that they can still do the business.

Edited by Left foot - 13 Feb 2021 at 3:30pm
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 3:33pm
He's assisted all three goals for Charlie Wyke's hat-trick.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Two assists in the first 12 mins for Sunderland and Hoolahan winning player of the month.

I know they are both in league 1 but good to see that they can still do the business.

Hoolahan's in league 2
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 4:11pm
Three assists and a goal for McGeady.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 4:14pm
4 assists. The lad always lacked end product but jesus if he had it he would have been our best player for years ans if he produced it like he has today anywhere near consistently
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 4:43pm
Did he score?
Thought it was a mistake on sky as they then showed the fourth goal and he set it up for Wyke
Unless that was the third?
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Did he score?
Thought it was a mistake on sky as they then showed the fourth goal and he set it up for Wyke
Unless that was the third?

All 4 goals have been pretty much the same so it’s hard to get mixed up!

Ball gets played out wide, McGeady runs past the defence, crosses then Wyke heads it.

It’s like playing Fifa on amateur difficulty it’s been that easy for the 2
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 7:20pm
Sky Sports said for the 4th goal that it was scored by McGeady which is where the confusion arose 
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 1:31pm
think we need to bringing Aiden into the squad . He’s a far better option than Ronan Curtis/daryl Horgan and is showing that at the same level Curtis is operating at . No brainier . He is not the messiah but he has good experience , a bit of skill to unlock a defence and is tried and trusted . 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 1:51pm
if you were looking for someone to give you 20 minutes off the bench to get on the ball and change a game, you could do a lot worse than bring on McGeady. He'd give you more under Kenny's system than McClean did in his appearances in the autumn for a start.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 6:43pm
 LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

if you were looking for someone to give you 20 minutes off the bench to get on the ball and change a game, you could do a lot worse than bring on McGeady. He'd give you more under Kenny's system than McClean did in his appearances in the autumn for a start.
Ffs, we might as well try and persuade Wes Hoolahan and Robbie Keane to return to the squad while we're at it. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
DR.HUGO View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DR.HUGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 7:12pm
he actually crossed well with both left and right a part of his game that’s been so poor in the past....I would agree he’s a good option off the bench or as I said previously use the likes of him against the teams like Luxembourg 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Ffs, we might as well try and persuade Wes Hoolahan and Robbie Keane to return to the squad while we're at it. LOL

Both of them are 4 and 6 years older than McGeady respectively. 

You could get another 2 years out of McGeady at international level. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 7:23pm
He was hit and miss for us at his peak playing in Russia and the premiership, god I know things are desperate but they are hardly that desperate yet.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Embarrassed

For somebody that works in coaching at underage levels or at least has told us enough times that he has, could you not see that a rare, naturally skilful player like McGeady in form would deserve at least a call up to the extended Irish squad if not the final 23? 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 7:44pm
From what I remember in the media before the Russia away game in 2011, the Russians seen him as the biggest threat. I'm open to correction on this Thumbs Up

Obviously it's 10 years later and McGeady has gone off the radar in terms of the national team.

I genuinely think McGeady would be an excellent 20 minute sub depending how the game is going in Belgrade. 

I think the Serbian defensive players would be more fearful of McGeady as opposed McClean on that left flank cutting in. 

McGeady hasn't retired. Hopefully Kenny calls both him and McGoldrick  (if it's a goer)back up. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

He was hit and miss for us at his peak playing in Russia and the premiership, god I know things are desperate but they are hardly that desperate yet.

Yes they are, given the lack of goals and results. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 200201202203204 220>
  Share Topic