You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aiden McGeady

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 178179180181182 220>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 2:05pm
As said in the Sunderland thread last night he was helped by the fact Forsyth (who isn't a left back but is played there) and Keogh had the worst games you'll see for a long time, you'd have to look into an archive of football games to find a worse defensive performance than those 2. And this is from a Sunderland fan who's seen consecutive seasons of defensive sh*tness.

But Aidy capitalised on the moment, no complaints really.
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 2:08pm
You also said you simply do not like him. Which means you'll go every length to try and dismiss his performance, something you've done consistently on this thread.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

You also said you simply do not like him. Which means you'll go every length to try and dismiss his performance, something you've done consistently on this thread.

What admitting he did well despite I don't like him is a bad thing?

I'm (really not) sorry for not being an arse kisser like you are. 
I bet you wanked one off when he was stepping up for that penalty Dead

Edited by coyne - 31 Mar 2018 at 2:19pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

As said in the Sunderland thread last night he was helped by the fact Forsyth (who isn't a left back but is played there) and Keogh had the worst games you'll see for a long time, you'd have to look into an archive of football games to find a worse defensive performance than those 2. And this is from a Sunderland fan who's seen consecutive seasons of defensive sh*tness.

But Aidy capitalised on the moment, no complaints really.

Forsyth was playing at left-back, McGeady was on the left-wing, they hardly came within 50 yards of each other over the course of the match. Keogh had a strange game, composed in possession 80% of the time at calamitous in the other 20%; he gifted Fletcher a goal with an awful lapse in concentration while carrying the ball out of defence.
We're decent enough..
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Put one on a plate for Flether too at the end of the first half, lovely bit of skill out wide and a perfectly weighted cross over the defence. Seemed heavily involved in the 2nd half too going by reports.
Aido also played in Fletcher with a quality ball with SAFCs first chance of the game.

Edited by Double Maxim - 31 Mar 2018 at 10:09pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 4:58pm
Got an assist today, unfortunately Sunderland will be going down having thrown away yet another lead, leaving them bottom of the table.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 8:49pm
Relegated to L1 along with Wilson and O'Shea today (albeit both of their contracts are up at the end of the season). Performance wise he's been one of their few decent players, but his age/wages may well put any other Championship suitors off. I can see him going to the MLS.

Edited by The O'Shea - 21 Apr 2018 at 8:49pm
We're decent enough..
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Relegated to L1 along with Wilson and O'Shea today (albeit both of their contracts are up at the end of the season). Performance wise he's been one of their few decent players, but his age/wages may well put any other Championship suitors off. I can see him going to the MLS.

He's still got 2 years left on his contract, and will be on, I'd assume, decent money. At 32, I'm not sure they'll be too many takers. 7 goals in 28 starts doesn't sound at all bad on the face of it, but 4 of those goals came in his first 9 games, and he seemed to down tools once Grayson left, with his level of performance dipping significantly. And that seems to sum up the problem with Sunderland more generally - too many older players well past their prime, too many inconsistent players, and too many players who aren't prepared to put in the effort but are happy to take the pay cheque.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 22 Apr 2018 at 1:25pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 1:42pm
Don't think he "downed tools" whatsoever, he simply didn't fit into Coleman's formation. When he realised that that formation wasn't working, and that there was no creativity whatsoever in the team, he duly reverted to a back-4 and reinstated McGeady. One would imagine he'll take a pay cut going down to L1, so he may be more willing to leave himself.
We're decent enough..
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 2:43pm
What was Chris Coleman thinking taking that job?
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 9:17am
the same as everyone else who takes it.... i'll make sunderland great again
Come on Irelind
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 12:56pm
His career will be put in the 'if only' catgeory when he retires 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

More likely to be "wtf" category. 92 caps. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 1:44pm

If only what? If only he had more to his game than being skilful?

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 2:00pm
All depends of how you look at it. still one of our most decorated players....

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 2:03pm
Fairly impressive career for an "if only" LOL if only what? He'd got a move to Barcelona?
We're decent enough..
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 2:20pm

Based on a cap:annoyance ratio, he is the most head wrecking player I've ever watched play for Ireland. 
El Puto Amo
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

If only what? If only he had more to his game than being skilful?

I mean he turned down Liverpool apparently and went to Russia instead. Turned down United as a youngster too. He made some awful decisions in his career.
Danger here, OH NO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 178179180181182 220>
  Share Topic