Aiden McGeady

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 220>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 10:49am
This is Luxembourg were talking about not Athletico Madrid.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 10:34am
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

I am not sure about the mentality of the team being not right, but no denying the performance was flat. Agree completely with your other two points. Luxembourg looked very well prepared and a solid outfit. Have watched McGeady too many times at international level not making a difference to be convinced now that he would. 

There is no comparison to McGeady in League 1. He is a top, top player who has experience which is second to none. Most players in that division have never played PL, have never won top Scottish honours, and have never even come close to playing in Europe. The fact that he has been able to move centrally, when his history has always been out wide shows how light the work is for him. The difference is coming up against a well oiled international outfit, as against the type of teams and players you'd meet in League 1.
wexfordman1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 10:26am
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

To my mind McGeady would have made little difference on Saturday night, last. The mentality of the team wasn't right, and Luxembourg were actually better equipped that we expected. 

I am not sure about the mentality of the team being not right, but no denying the performance was flat. Agree completely with your other two points. Luxembourg looked very well prepared and a solid outfit. Have watched McGeady too many times at international level not making a difference to be convinced now that he would. 
Parrott and Molumby came off the bench when we needed a goal have to say Mcgeady a better option as things are now
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

To my mind McGeady would have made little difference on Saturday night, last. The mentality of the team wasn't right, and Luxembourg were actually better equipped that we expected. 

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 10:19am
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Grammatical errors or a big, no no on this forum. I would be quite nervous posting especially if your going to get it wrong. It seems to piss a lot of people of. Maybe their should be some sort of spellcheck to people who struggle with there grammar?
That should be 'you're and 'their', so you can't be that f**king nervous. 

Edited by pre Madonna - 03 Apr 2021 at 10:15am
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Grammatical errors or a big, no no on this forum. I would be quite nervous posting especially if your going to get it wrong. It seems to piss a lot of people of. Maybe their should be some sort of spellcheck to people who struggle with there grammar?

LOL

Funnily enough, everything above is perfectly understandable even with your numerous mistakes thrown in. The issue is that some posts are impossible to decipher as they are so incoherent. Less to do with grammar and spelling. 

Can't remember who the poster was, it may have been Aviva (apologies if it wasn't), who had a great response to the posts pointing out his grammar and spelling mistakes. It certainly silenced the grammar critics for a while.  
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 10:42pm
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 10:13pm
I thought I was the only one who got annoyed by the would of carry on on this site
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Do you know the difference between of and have?
He would be a rarity on here if he did!
it's mad in fairness  
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 9:40pm
All things considered, I don’t think it would’ve been any harm to have called him up. Absolutely nothing to lose tbf. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

LOL and a massive shock given his wisdom filled posts so far.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 9:33pm

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 9:15pm
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
TigerRoll View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TigerRoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by TigerRoll TigerRoll wrote:

Originally posted by DR.HUGO DR.HUGO wrote:

I still believe that he should have been in the last squad it’s teams like Luxembourg that he could have done damage he just has that bit more than anyone we have in the squad ...but that ship has sailed.....I like what SK is trying to do and he should rightly continue as manager...but McGeady was in my opinion a miss...having said that in two months his form might dip but right now he’s been terrific albeit in league 1

I fully agree with you. McGeady should of been recalled, he’s playing regular football and performing. If we were able to call Jack Byrne Graham Burke etc while they were in the LOI. Playing League One is undoubtedly a higher standard, and therefore shouldn’t have been held against Aiden.
10 years age difference? And 80 caps of average enough performances? Time to move on maybe!

Ah yes I fully agree. Let’s move onto failing to beat the great footballing nations of Qatar/Luxembourg. Embarrassed
Aiden McGeady could of given us a different option this campaign, we don’t have my options at his calibre. 

Edited by TigerRoll - 02 Apr 2021 at 8:43pm
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by TigerRoll TigerRoll wrote:

I still believe that he should have been in the last squad it’s teams like Luxembourg that he could have done damage he just has that bit more than anyone we have in the squad ...but that ship has sailed.....I like what SK is trying to do and he should rightly continue as manager...but McGeady was in my opinion a miss...having said that in two months his form might dip but right now he’s been terrific albeit in league 1

I fully agree with you. McGeady should of been recalled, he’s playing regular football and performing. If we were able to call Jack Byrne Graham Burke etc while they were in the LOI. Playing League One is undoubtedly a higher standard, and therefore shouldn’t have been held against Aiden.
10 years age difference? And 80 caps of average enough performances? Time to move on maybe!
TigerRoll View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TigerRoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 8:26pm

DR.HUGO View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DR.HUGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 7:18pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 220>
  Share Topic