FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aiden McGeady

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 220>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Scores again today. 

Turns 35 in a couple of days. It's a pity he was frozen out at Sunderland for awhile along with injuries as he may have actually been selected by McCarthy for the 2020 qualifying campaign. 

Couldn't give a toss if most don't agree but I think it was a fookin waste not having him involved with the Irish team set up the last few years given his natural talent. At the very least he would've been no worse than what we have. I know he's getting on but I think we could've had him in the role as an impact sub. 

He has been one of the very few of our players that is actually both in form and playing regularly. Both Serbia and Luxembourg would've seen him as more of a threat than anyone in our attacking line up imo. 

Aido scored a quality goal today and put over some good crosses.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 5:11pm
Scores again today. 

Turns 35 in a couple of days. It's a pity he was frozen out at Sunderland for awhile along with injuries as he may have actually been selected by McCarthy for the 2020 qualifying campaign. 

Couldn't give a toss if most don't agree but I think it was a fookin waste not having him involved with the Irish team set up the last few years given his natural talent. At the very least he would've been no worse than what we have. I know he's getting on but I think we could've had him in the role as an impact sub. 

He has been one of the very few of our players that is actually both in form and playing regularly. Both Serbia and Luxembourg would've seen him as more of a threat than anyone in our attacking line up imo. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 12:07pm
Is McGeady not playing centrally for Sunderland these days so it would have been very unlikely that he'd have played on the wings for us if he had been called up?
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 10:53am
Who are the creative players that we can choose from that were available for selection yesterday ? 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 10:47am
McGeady could have easily been as sh!te as everyone else last night and been whipped off at halftime, and you know it.

Don't fall into the trap lads of what could have been. The scourge of basing an argument on hindsight will rot your soul. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 10:42am
Its a slight PR mess up from Kenny, and useful for those who want to back McGeady's return to the team, but I don't for one second believe the result would have been any different had he been on the pitch for the last 15. They were organised enough that we got no joy down the wings.
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

The Luxembourg right back is a semi pro in Portuguese 3rd division. Aiden would've had him on toast. 

Strange that Robinson couldn't. Being a premier league player.

Won't be for much longer!
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 10:24am
Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

The Luxembourg right back is a semi pro in Portuguese 3rd division. Aiden would've had him on toast. 

Strange that Robinson couldn't. Being a premier league player.
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 10:12am
wexfordman1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 9:59am
Brought on Parrott and Molumby 
Mcgeady a far far better option off the bench Kenny shooting himself on the foot
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 10:14pm
SK complaining about wingers not playing . Massive f**king booboo not selecting aiden 
Frabhoy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

he is building a squad and a team and lads like McGeady or Keogh won’t be around for that and are not exactly pulling up trees in the premier league to make the managers mind up so he is going with a squad he can work with over the next 2 years.  Mick did the same in 96/97. 

Why didn't Kenny just come out and say it? and nip it in the bud, instead of stuttering and mumbling about the gulf between the leagues and then leaves himself wide open by calling up a number of players from the same league!.

Who knows,  maybe it’s best not to cut your bridges if needed in an emergency.  He was respectful to McGeady. Managers make calls all the time and move in a different direction. I think it’s a massive storm in a teacup personally.  

I don't think there is any storm. I just personally think he could have handled it better, he's cornered himself over it.
No issue is saying were building with new younger players and not closing the door on any older\senior player.

Yeah I also thought it was a daft thing to say. Specially as you are automatically going to contradict yourself by picking Parrot etc. 

I think he could have just said he wants to go a different direction and continue a policy of promoting younger players. But would never rule a player out from being picked.

As much as the candidness can be respected in some degree in Kennys press conferences. I think he needs to come up with pre-rehearsed lines when it comes to being asked questions about players like this.

The hmming and handing doesnt give me any confidence and he could just say something daft about a situation and scenario with a certain player that just comes across bad in print. Just simply because he has went too far with what he said or he is thinking on the spot to explain his rationale. 

Even the whole quote that there were people in the background that are working against him in the FAI in relation to the video gate episode. That just struck me as something he said off the cuff and then it opened up more questions for the media.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 9:04am

he is building a squad and a team and lads like McGeady or Keogh won’t be around for that and are not exactly pulling up trees in the premier league to make the managers mind up so he is going with a squad he can work with over the next 2 years.  Mick did the same in 96/97. 

Why didn't Kenny just come out and say it? and nip it in the bud, instead of stuttering and mumbling about the gulf between the leagues and then leaves himself wide open by calling up a number of players from the same league!.

Who knows,  maybe it’s best not to cut your bridges if needed in an emergency.  He was respectful to McGeady. Managers make calls all the time and move in a different direction. I think it’s a massive storm in a teacup personally.  

I don't think there is any storm. I just personally think he could have handled it better, he's cornered himself over it.
No issue is saying were building with new younger players and not closing the door on any older\senior player.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 8:57am

AKA pedantic kunt
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 8:46am

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 12:49am
AKA pedantic kunt
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 10:56pm

I genuinely think even if we had another two players in the midfield or forwards pulling out through injury or otherwise, Kenny still wouldn't pick McGeady. 

We're so screwed over the goalkeeping options for Serbia, McGeady wouldn't make a difference in that regard but I'd like to see Kenny being asked if he has any intention of calling up McGeady again just for a bit of closure. 

McGeady has a skillset that no one else in our entire squad has (O'Dowda would probably be the closest at a push) but this is one of Kenny's biggest mistakes in not including a player against a Serbian defence that could concede frees in good positions for us. 

He was asked during the week and mentioned the quality difference between each tier in the English leagues. Hard to explain Curtis' call up then in my opinion.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 9:17pm

I genuinely think even if we had another two players in the midfield or forwards pulling out through injury or otherwise, Kenny still wouldn't pick McGeady. 

We're so screwed over the goalkeeping options for Serbia, McGeady wouldn't make a difference in that regard but I'd like to see Kenny being asked if he has any intention of calling up McGeady again just for a bit of closure. 

McGeady has a skillset that no one else in our entire squad has (O'Dowda would probably be the closest at a push) but this is one of Kenny's biggest mistakes in not including a player against a Serbian defence that could concede frees in good positions for us. 
Do you not think it’s a case of what the player has delivered in the past and would possibly deliver in the future? The answer to both is, not a lot. So I wouldn’t say it’s a big mistake!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 220>
  Share Topic