FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aiden McGeady

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 220>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 7:31am
Always found the hate of McGeady within our support very strange. Can only assume its the Celtic connection.
Sponsored Links

dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 12:44am
Duff was underwhelming in a green shirt bar Spain, Saudi goal, goal against Russia and a brilliant assist for Robbie. All things considered
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 12:22am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

A better player for Ireland than Damien Duff

Overall he probably was yeah.

But Duffers performance Vs Spain in the last 16 of the World Cup is probably the greatest individual performance of any Ireland player Ive ever seen. Was Messi esque.

The only stand out performance from McGeady for us was the 2 get out of jail goals in Tbilisi.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

both did little for Ireland but have to disagree. Duff played and scored in a World Cup for Ireland

Did little.....apart from the 200 odd Caps ffs

wouldn’t read a lot into the numbers. Not a lot of correlation between number of caps and performance the last 15-20 years in lots of cases.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 10:44pm

both did little for Ireland but have to disagree. Duff played and scored in a World Cup for Ireland

That puts Gary Breen ahead of John O’Shea and Richard Dunne then.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 10:29pm

And not too much of note in those 200 caps..
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 10:25pm
There goes the Ballon D’or
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 10:22pm
Top assists for us at euro 2012
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 10:21pm

SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 10:19pm

B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by dangere_here dangere_here wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Injury confirmed as a season ender - out for four to six months. That's probably the end of the road for Aiden I'd say.

Last time I saw Aiden in a green jersey was the match in Warsaw, where we had them under the cosh for the last 15 minutes and just needed a goal to qualify and he kept ballooning crosses over the byline and had a red face like an aul lad playing up in Bushy Park. Very frustrating for all the natural talent he had. 

Wasted potential and will only really be remembered for the goal against Georgia. Should have stayed out in Russia, even though he was getting death threats towards the end. Wasted away at Everton instead of playing ball and that was the ending of him. 

Oh yeah, the game where he landed a peach of a cross on Keogh's head for a nod in, who then somehow managed to miss. A real "balloon" of a cross alright.

You don't half talk some amount of nonsense. McGeady was our most important player from 2010-14, if you'll only remember him for the Georgia goals then that doesn't speak to anything more than your own lack of intelligence.

2010 to 2014, come off it pal, peak Trapattoni 4-4-2 sh*te. Those were anus horrible for Irish football. Our best performance was scuttering a nil all in Moscow when Russia should have pullemeled us 6 or 7 nil. Taken to the cleaners by Spain, Germany, Croatia and very nearly done by Kazakhstan and Armenia. That was the only decent cross since McGeady came on, but he put 6-7 crosses and corners 30 feet over when we needed cool heads and a bit of composure. Sorry but McGeady never reached his potential. What would his obituary say? Less scummy than Stokes, but similar waste of natural talent. He was linked to AC Milan in 2007 don't forget.

90 odd CAPS
2 major champs
Numerous proper qual campaigns with near misses

Took serious stock from the bigots in Scotland for wearing green

The boy did good

Thanks for the service Aiden
Sheedy11 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheedy11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 9:53pm

Injury confirmed as a season ender - out for four to six months. That's probably the end of the road for Aiden I'd say.

Last time I saw Aiden in a green jersey was the match in Warsaw, where we had them under the cosh for the last 15 minutes and just needed a goal to qualify and he kept ballooning crosses over the byline and had a red face like an aul lad playing up in Bushy Park. Very frustrating for all the natural talent he had. 

Wasted potential and will only really be remembered for the goal against Georgia. Should have stayed out in Russia, even though he was getting death threats towards the end. Wasted away at Everton instead of playing ball and that was the ending of him. 

Oh yeah, the game where he landed a peach of a cross on Keogh's head for a nod in, who then somehow managed to miss. A real "balloon" of a cross alright.

You don't half talk some amount of nonsense. McGeady was our most important player from 2010-14, if you'll only remember him for the Georgia goals then that doesn't speak to anything more than your own lack of intelligence.

2010 to 2014, come off it pal, peak Trapattoni 4-4-2 sh*te. Those were anus horrible for Irish football. Our best performance was scuttering a nil all in Moscow when Russia should have pullemeled us 6 or 7 nil. Taken to the cleaners by Spain, Germany, Croatia and very nearly done by Kazakhstan and Armenia. That was the only decent cross since McGeady came on, but he put 6-7 crosses and corners 30 feet over when we needed cool heads and a bit of composure. Sorry but McGeady never reached his potential. What would his obituary say? Less scummy than Stokes, but similar waste of natural talent. He was linked to AC Milan in 2007 don't forget.

I laughed.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 9:36pm
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 9:17pm

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 8:25pm

👍
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 8:22pm

Edited by B6 6HE - 03 Mar 2023 at 8:24pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 7:49pm

We're decent enough..
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 7:23pm
He's also one of a very, very small group of Scottish born players who can say they were part of a team that reached the knockout stages of a major championships. Him, James McCarthy, Ray Houghton, Tommy Coyne, Bernie Slaven, Harry Souttar, maybe one or two more. But it's a short list.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 220>
  Share Topic