You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Keiren Westwood

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 48495051>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Could we not just look at the present? By all means if Jason Knight is good enough bring him in. But if McGeady is still good enough he should be involved as well. Same for Westwood. Picking a full team of kids will only lead to a hammering and damage to our future seeding.

This Clap

Jaysus, I don't think it deserved a clap. Bit much. 
Sponsored Links

Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

Could we not just look at the present? By all means if Jason Knight is good enough bring him in. But if McGeady is still good enough he should be involved as well. Same for Westwood. Picking a full team of kids will only lead to a hammering and damage to our future seeding.

This Clap

Jaysus, I don't think it deserved a clap. Bit much. 

God forbid anyone be positive about something posted on here 🙄

The man is talking sense IMO, that’s it. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 9:21pm

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Westwood has played in playoff finals at Wembley,  kelleher has played in champions league matches and premier league games.    Travers played in a couple of premier league games.  Hence the reason for order.  

We do not know how he will react to be thrown into such a huge game a d Travers would be a risk too but if we had no choice  and it was between him and Bazunu I would go with Travers as he has shown he can react to be thrown in at the highest level. Travers has been playing regularly for Swindon until being recalled last month.  

Hang on. Bazuna was thrown into a Europa League game at 16, which is 3 years ago now. 

What is this obsession with age in Irish football?

I think when it comes to keepers you will find that age is a huge factor.  How many 19 year olds in goal for their country.   Not saying it never happens but age and experience are a big factor when choosing a keeper for your country.   To not seeing that is denying reality. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 9:31pm

Westwood has played in playoff finals at Wembley,  kelleher has played in champions league matches and premier league games.    Travers played in a couple of premier league games.  Hence the reason for order.  

We do not know how he will react to be thrown into such a huge game a d Travers would be a risk too but if we had no choice  and it was between him and Bazunu I would go with Travers as he has shown he can react to be thrown in at the highest level. Travers has been playing regularly for Swindon until being recalled last month.  

Hang on. Bazuna was thrown into a Europa League game at 16, which is 3 years ago now. 

I think when it comes to keepers you will find that age is a huge factor.  How many 19 year olds in goal for their country.   Not saying it never happens but age and experience are a big factor when choosing a keeper for your country.   To not seeing that is denying reality. 

I do get the goalkeeper thing but Decisions shouldn't be made on generalisations. Who's the best man for the job = who starts. 

If Kenny thinks Westwood is, then I can live with that, bit if a decision is made because little Gav might poop his baby pants, then good luck.

The same justification for Hendrick..."Ah, but he has the experience" ... Experience of what exactly?! What has Hendrick done in the last 24 months to guarantee his spot? Distill this down to something coherent. It's infuriating the nonsense that people shoot from.the hip without justifying (not aiming that at you by the way).
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 10:10pm

I do get the goalkeeper thing but Decisions shouldn't be made on generalisations. Who's the best man for the job = who starts. 

If Kenny thinks Westwood is, then I can live with that, bit if a decision is made because little Gav might poop his baby pants, then good luck.

The same justification for Hendrick..."Ah, but he has the experience" ... Experience of what exactly?! What has Hendrick done in the last 24 months to guarantee his spot? Distill this down to something coherent. It's infuriating the nonsense that people shoot from.the hip without justifying (not aiming that at you by the way).

Yeah my original post didnt even mention Bazunu I just said Kelleher Westwood would be my first 3 picks for the game against Serbis with Kelleher slightly ahead of Westwood and then Travers.  Hardly that controversial  
AKA pedantic kunt
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 1:52pm
Concedes, and saves, a penalty against Nottingham Forest: https://streamable.com/0v85m7

A loss would relegate SW.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Concedes, and saves, a penalty against Nottingham Forest: https://streamable.com/0v85m7

A loss would relegate SW.

Cracking save.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 2:49pm
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 3:55pm
Westwood was shaky af today in goal 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 5:29pm
Clarke down with Rotherham as well. Up come Sean McLoughlin with Hull, though he hasn't been playing much for them, and Jack Taylor of Peterborough who looks like a really good prospect, plus a couple of their other players who could declare for Ireland. Also maybe some more depending who gets through the play-offs.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 6:16pm
McLoughlin's missed virtually a whole year of football sitting on the bench and struggling to make match day squads at Hull. He's 25 in November as well so he's not a cub.

Very unfortunate for him considering the breakthrough he made at St. Mirren.

A warning in there for Doyle-Hayes or McGrath or anyone who considers following his path.

Crowley a similar player to McGrath and he couldn't get in the Hull team. If McGrath was to get an offer from a club outside the UK, he'd do well to consider it.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 6:00pm
Released from his club, thought he'd have another good year in him to be honest.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 12:25am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Released from his club, thought he'd have another good year in him to be honest.

Probably would have been kept on had Wednesday stayed up, they have to clear the wage bill now following relegation. He'd have been one of their bigger earners too.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 2:51pm
Looks like he is set for one more shot in the Championship with injury hit QPR.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 2:53pm

Looks like he is set for one more shot in the Championship with injury hit QPR.

On the surface he looks calm and ready.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2022 at 11:55am
Straight into the starting lineup today.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 10:57am

Ex-Sunderland and Manchester City man set for surprise move to Shamrock Rovers - reports. The former Sunderland goalkeeper could be in line to make a shock return to football.

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2023 at 3:49pm
Seems to have joined Crewe Alexandra in League Two going by his Instagram, so that Rovers move wont be happening.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 48495051>
  Share Topic