Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

David Forde

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 21>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2014 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Trapcandoit Trapcandoit wrote:

Honest to God lads, are ye bonkers? Ford is the worst keeper we have ever had. His shot-stopping skills are impressive because he gets so much practice at it. I would then assume that this is the fault of the players in front of him?

Any keeper would if they cede possession to the opposing team with every kick-out the way he does. Yes his kicking is poor, playing the ball to the full backs is a way around this issue though.

If you want to see what I mean just look at the Austrian home game again- particularly the second half. This match we definitely should have won. He lost that game for us. Clarke's mistake, Long's inability to score, and poor marking\closing down by our central midfield is at fault here.

Watch his game in it and you'll see exactly what I mean. It'll happen again- especially in some really big important games like that one was. He's a complete and utter catastrophe waiting to happen each time and the bigger the game the more his dodgy clearance style exposes itself to risk- and inevitable disaster.   

Against Germany if it wasn't for Forde, we could have lost by 7 or 8 goals. Forde is not world beater, but I think he has done a fairly reasonable job for us and I don't believe many would do better.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2014 at 6:05pm
Forde suffers, the same way many of our players do, many on here think they should be better. He isn't a great keeper, but we do not have better and has done alright .
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2014 at 7:08pm
Don't rate Forde at all tbh. I'd be hoping someone better comes along soon.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2014 at 8:23pm
He's a decent shot stopper and usually commands his area well (although he does seem to have the odd off game in that respect). His kicking really is the worst I've ever seen from a professional keeper though, pity because it means that he'll never be the viable first choice long-term, especially if we're going to try and play out from the back. 3-year deal at his age is a good deal for him though.
We're decent enough..
StephenHendrick View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StephenHendrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 3:07pm
Put a blonde wig on him and he would be Oliver Kahn.
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 3:37pm
He's the worst first choice we've had in my lifetime anyway. We've been blessed with Bonner, Kelly and Given. Westwood has been very unlucky with injuries but he is still club-less at the moment so he can't be an option. At least MON calling up Lawlor to the squad and having a look at Meara would make you think he is planning for the future and that he is well aware of the situation too. 
new york View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new york Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 5:57pm
Forde is an excellent shot stopper & commands his area better than Given. Bonner was terrified when the ball was passed back to him. 
Sham96 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 7:30pm
A keeper should be judged on current form only.  And Forde was woeful in the last two games.  Unfortunately we have no better back-ups at the moment.  Westwood is a weak keeper.  Eliot is slow getting down to shots along the ground.  Forde's loss of form is a big worry.
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 11:30pm
Westwood is a weak keeper.

My hole.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 8:00pm
http://hdfoots.com/watch/beinsports-4-live-stream.html

Forde williams and long all start
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 6:52am
DF pulled off two crucial saves last night. Clap
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 7:39am
Well done on bumping this DM....

When it counted last night, David Forde kept us in the game last night..FACT.

He made John O'Sheas goal count last night...

Clap
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 7:41am
Great save when closing down Gotze
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 7:44am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Great save when closing down Gotze

This.

And the tip over.

And he looked comfortable coming for crosses / long balls.

And his positioning was top notch for the other efforts.

This and Sweden away prob his best games so far.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
Trapcandoit View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapcandoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 8:25am
 Apart from one dreadful error in the first half I thought he played a blinder.  As I said on the match thread I'm happy to be put back in my box here.  Well done DavidClap
5 goals to go Robbie!
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 8:34am
Good stuff trapcandoit Clap... Good to see lads acknowledge great performance especially  if not a fan of him.

@ Forde  ClapClapClapClap
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 8:46am
A great shop stopper no doubt but i will never lose the nerves i have with regards to his distribution especially with balls back to him and he has to get rid pronto.

The pass back to him that he caught, another ref and we couldve suffered. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

boots9 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 4:24pm
Not a fan of his due to the heart attacks he gives me when he gets the ball played back to him but credit where credits due. Brilliant performance from him!

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

The pass back to him that he caught, another ref and we couldve suffered.

Just out of interest, where would the free kick be taken from? Where the pass was played from? Or where Forde caught the ball?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 21>
  Share Topic