Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stephen Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 65>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 9:14am
He has made an absolute mockery of the Irish team and continues to do so.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

Drummerboy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drummerboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 9:19am
If he has matured, he certainly wouldn't be getting his girlfriend to do his talking for him. He'd have rung Trap himself, apologised for his childish behaviour and asked Trap to consider him for the friendly coming up. Basically this tool is just playing games.
Extinguisher View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Extinguisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 9:23am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

he might get a postcard but he sure as hell isnt getting a phonecall

Ehhhh that's a brilliant idea! Imagine a few hundred (or thousand!) of us posted postcards from Poland to the little c nut!... just send em to Villa (If he's still there!)

Edited by Extinguisher - 07 Feb 2012 at 9:26am
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 10:13am
One phone call alright. Hello is that Stephen? Ok listen carefully, just f**k off, you blew it and you alone. Bye.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 10:16am
Just for arguments sake

Where would he even fit into our team

Trap religiously plays 2 holding midfielders- 2 wingers- 2 strikers

Cant see him being able to fill one of those positions- he cant tackle and hes not a winger or striker
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 10:31am
He played most of his 6 games for us from the right side of midfield
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 10:51am
Ireland will be in that squad, Robbie was the main instigator for all the crap when he was there and they are playing quality together so maybe they have kissed and made up, if Dunne Given and Keane(3most important players) were to give their blessing then that would do for me, the chap is pure class which we don't have simple as.

Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 11:05am
So what about the player who he would replace in the squad- imagine how pissed off he will be after travelling all over europe including going to the arsehole of armenia and slovakia only to be told that a player that walked out on the team with a pathetic made up excuse 5 years ago is taking your place?
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Ireland will be in that squad, Robbie was the main instigator for all the crap when he was there and they are playing quality together so maybe they have kissed and made up, if Dunne Given and Keane(3most important players) were to give their blessing then that would do for me, the chap is pure class which we don't have simple as.

Sono, your loyalty to Villa is palpable and understandable but FFS.........

How can you credibly state that Robbie was the "instigator for all the crap"?  All the crap was at Ireland's door from the foolish fibs in Slovkia which we forgave him for given the miscarriage.  What happened after that is crap all the way from Ireland and his pathetic crying about being bullied about his hair.  For Jaysus sake, everyone gets stick in football at every level, what made him so precious and different?  Then Don Givens rightly left him out cos Givens wouldn't put up with his crap.  Then he himself said he didn't miss international football and then called Trap arrogant!!! LOL

No doubting his talent, but equally no doubting his disrespect to the FAI, the other Managers (he seems to fall out with almost every manager) and to the Irish people most of all.  There's great unity in the panel that qualified, Trap isn't gonna risk tearing that apart my making the "one phone call".   He won't be on that plane unless he's going out to watch the games in disguise.  He can go and sh*te.

Edited by FREEWHEELER - 07 Feb 2012 at 12:16pm
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 12:40pm
Like I said FW if the 3 mentioned above were to accept him which it looks like they have it would be good enough for me. Not saying he hasn't acted the bollox but he wasn't the first and certainly wouldn't be the last, as I said him and Robbie seem to be playing brilliant together which is fukin sickening to see and think what could have been, i don't really think he will make it but I certainly wouldn't rule it out either.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 12:47pm
Jaysus Id puke if this gobsh*te came back. Thank fook Trap wont have him back. He doesnt want f**king t**sers in the team. Stephen england can go and fook off.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 12:50pm
Jaysis lads will some of yis give it a rest, you would swear you are all flawless ffs, if they sort everything behind scenes and it worked for both parties then why wouldn't we want him, god knows we need him, best play maker from Ireland by a country mile.

A lot to sort if it was to happen but to just dismiss him is stupid, he made mistakes everyone does.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Jaysis lads will some of yis give it a rest, you would swear you are all flawless ffs, if they sort everything behind scenes and it worked for both parties then why wouldn't we want him, god knows we need him, best play maker from Ireland by a country mile.

A lot to sort if it was to happen but to just dismiss him is stupid, he made mistakes everyone does.

Are you actually for real?
Surely this is a wind up - 

There is no way he should be allowed back into the squad.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 12:52pm
Fook sake. The chap has only had a few good games. Where was his good form the last 2 yrs?? Hes a fookin thick and a liary ****. I dont want him back ever.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 12:53pm
Yeah because the Villa dressing room is a real harmonious dressing room at the moment.  He is a rotten apple in a barrell and no matter how much talent he has he will rot out a dressing room.  Our squad are united together and lads trust each other, that is an underated quality in the modern game. When you match that to unreal talent you get Barca, but even ifyou have lesser talent you can still go far with a unified purpose and everybody pulling in the same direction and leaving their personal problems at home.    
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Front page of todays Star,his missus says
"It will only take 1 phone call" reads the headline

Was that to get a date with her or what. 
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 12:55pm
Yes I would support him coming back if it was all sorted in the background HB what's your problem? You never made mistakes and apologized after and moved on? Some things go on longer than others but I know I have made some pretty big ones but have managed to mend it over time, Ireland if he is interested should be given same opportunity if Trap wants him that is.

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Yeah because the Villa dressing room is a real harmonious dressing room at the moment.  He is a rotten apple in a barrell and no matter how much talent he has he will rot out a dressing room.  Our squad are united together and lads trust each other, that is an underated quality in the modern game. When you match that to unreal talent you get Barca, but even ifyou have lesser talent you can still go far with a unified purpose and everybody pulling in the same direction and leaving their personal problems at home.    

So you just backed up my point here Baldy, dressing room is shocking at the minute yet he seems to be getting on with the whole team including all the Irish boys, only going on body language and play on pitch but if him and Robbie really had problems they would not be linking up and celebrating goals together, Robbie is a big factor in all of this I reckon, only my opinion though, never said it was right but it's a real shame he fuked this all up the lad is an excellent ball player and really adds something to that villa side, they were brutal in midfield second half Sunday when he was taken off.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 65>
  Share Topic