lets hope he gets back into the set up

Replies:
Posted By: athlonecelt
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 11:40am
LOL

Posted By: criostoir Óg
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 11:41am

-------------
What happens on away trips, stays on away trips...except syphilis!

Posted By: PaulMcGrath
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 11:47am
Yeah he might break back into the Villa squad if he is lucky!Smile

-------------
Ooh Aah Paul McGrath say ooh aah Pau McGrath

Posted By: Barry
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 11:48am
damn you lads Big%20smile

Posted By: criostoir Óg
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 11:49am
Originally posted by The Q Man The Q Man wrote:

I think Roy Keane is the man to lead Ireland back to the promise land. As Gaffer he would have no trouble getting Ireland back in the green jersey Clap

-------------
What happens on away trips, stays on away trips...except syphilis!

Posted By: soccerc
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Críostóir Óg Críostóir Óg wrote:

I think Roy Keane is the man to lead Ireland back to the promise land. As Gaffer he would have no trouble getting Ireland back in the green jersey Clap

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by soccerc soccerc wrote:

Originally posted by Críostóir Óg Críostóir Óg wrote:

yeah good look with that too cork anti irish knobs representing us no thank you.

Posted By: daithi
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 2:56pm
jaysus q man new fishing rod requiredLOL

-------------
Just because it's tradition does not make it right

Posted By: The Lucky Lepre
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 3:35pm
LOL

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 3:42pm

Big%20smile

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 4:42pm

Yes this will happen when Don Givens gets the job after Trap gets sacked.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 5:11pm
Q Man, you're losing your credibility........Thumbs%20Down

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 8:11am
Front page of todays Star,his missus says
"It will only take 1 phone call" reads the headline

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 8:27am
Front page? Ffs

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 8:38am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

I cant believe it has anything to do with us going to Euro 2012Embarrassed

he might get a postcard but he sure as hell isnt getting a phonecall

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 8:42am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Front page? Ffs
Yep

-------------

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 9:06am

I do think it's good to hear, perhaps he has matured. If he is really willing to come back then I would give him a chance. But after the Euro's of course

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 9:14am
He has made an absolute mockery of the Irish team and continues to do so.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: Drummerboy
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 9:19am
If he has matured, he certainly wouldn't be getting his girlfriend to do his talking for him. He'd have rung Trap himself, apologised for his childish behaviour and asked Trap to consider him for the friendly coming up. Basically this tool is just playing games.

Posted By: Extinguisher
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 9:23am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Ehhhh that's a brilliant idea! Imagine a few hundred (or thousand!) of us posted postcards from Poland to the little c nut!... just send em to Villa (If he's still there!)

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 10:13am
One phone call alright. Hello is that Stephen? Ok listen carefully, just f**k off, you blew it and you alone. Bye.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: Vivakenbarlow
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 10:16am
Just for arguments sake

Where would he even fit into our team

Trap religiously plays 2 holding midfielders- 2 wingers- 2 strikers

Cant see him being able to fill one of those positions- he cant tackle and hes not a winger or striker

-------------
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it

Posted By: Max Power
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 10:31am
He played most of his 6 games for us from the right side of midfield

-------------
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 10:51am
Ireland will be in that squad, Robbie was the main instigator for all the crap when he was there and they are playing quality together so maybe they have kissed and made up, if Dunne Given and Keane(3most important players) were to give their blessing then that would do for me, the chap is pure class which we don't have simple as.

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 11:05am
So what about the player who he would replace in the squad- imagine how pissed off he will be after travelling all over europe including going to the arsehole of armenia and slovakia only to be told that a player that walked out on the team with a pathetic made up excuse 5 years ago is taking your place?

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Ireland will be in that squad, Robbie was the main instigator for all the crap when he was there and they are playing quality together so maybe they have kissed and made up, if Dunne Given and Keane(3most important players) were to give their blessing then that would do for me, the chap is pure class which we don't have simple as.

Sono, your loyalty to Villa is palpable and understandable but FFS.........

How can you credibly state that Robbie was the "instigator for all the crap"?  All the crap was at Ireland's door from the foolish fibs in Slovkia which we forgave him for given the miscarriage.  What happened after that is crap all the way from Ireland and his pathetic crying about being bullied about his hair.  For Jaysus sake, everyone gets stick in football at every level, what made him so precious and different?  Then Don Givens rightly left him out cos Givens wouldn't put up with his crap.  Then he himself said he didn't miss international football and then called Trap arrogant!!! LOL

No doubting his talent, but equally no doubting his disrespect to the FAI, the other Managers (he seems to fall out with almost every manager) and to the Irish people most of all.  There's great unity in the panel that qualified, Trap isn't gonna risk tearing that apart my making the "one phone call".   He won't be on that plane unless he's going out to watch the games in disguise.  He can go and sh*te.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 12:40pm
Like I said FW if the 3 mentioned above were to accept him which it looks like they have it would be good enough for me. Not saying he hasn't acted the bollox but he wasn't the first and certainly wouldn't be the last, as I said him and Robbie seem to be playing brilliant together which is fukin sickening to see and think what could have been, i don't really think he will make it but I certainly wouldn't rule it out either.

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 12:47pm
Jaysus Id puke if this gobsh*te came back. Thank fook Trap wont have him back. He doesnt want f**king t**sers in the team. Stephen england can go and fook off.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 12:50pm
Jaysis lads will some of yis give it a rest, you would swear you are all flawless ffs, if they sort everything behind scenes and it worked for both parties then why wouldn't we want him, god knows we need him, best play maker from Ireland by a country mile.

A lot to sort if it was to happen but to just dismiss him is stupid, he made mistakes everyone does.

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 12:51pm

Jaysis lads will some of yis give it a rest, you would swear you are all flawless ffs, if they sort everything behind scenes and it worked for both parties then why wouldn't we want him, god knows we need him, best play maker from Ireland by a country mile.

A lot to sort if it was to happen but to just dismiss him is stupid, he made mistakes everyone does.

Are you actually for real?
Surely this is a wind up - 

There is no way he should be allowed back into the squad.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 12:52pm
Fook sake. The chap has only had a few good games. Where was his good form the last 2 yrs?? Hes a fookin thick and a liary ****. I dont want him back ever.

-------------

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 12:53pm
Yeah because the Villa dressing room is a real harmonious dressing room at the moment.  He is a rotten apple in a barrell and no matter how much talent he has he will rot out a dressing room.  Our squad are united together and lads trust each other, that is an underated quality in the modern game. When you match that to unreal talent you get Barca, but even ifyou have lesser talent you can still go far with a unified purpose and everybody pulling in the same direction and leaving their personal problems at home.    

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 12:54pm

Was that to get a date with her or what. 

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 12:55pm
Yes I would support him coming back if it was all sorted in the background HB what's your problem? You never made mistakes and apologized after and moved on? Some things go on longer than others but I know I have made some pretty big ones but have managed to mend it over time, Ireland if he is interested should be given same opportunity if Trap wants him that is.

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Yeah because the Villa dressing room is a real harmonious dressing room at the moment.  He is a rotten apple in a barrell and no matter how much talent he has he will rot out a dressing room.  Our squad are united together and lads trust each other, that is an underated quality in the modern game. When you match that to unreal talent you get Barca, but even ifyou have lesser talent you can still go far with a unified purpose and everybody pulling in the same direction and leaving their personal problems at home.    

So you just backed up my point here Baldy, dressing room is shocking at the minute yet he seems to be getting on with the whole team including all the Irish boys, only going on body language and play on pitch but if him and Robbie really had problems they would not be linking up and celebrating goals together, Robbie is a big factor in all of this I reckon, only my opinion though, never said it was right but it's a real shame he fuked this all up the lad is an excellent ball player and really adds something to that villa side, they were brutal in midfield second half Sunday when he was taken off.

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 1:05pm
My god. What a sneaky **** he is. He has a fookin hard neck wanting to come back now if that is the case.   
Sono this **** has had 5 yrs out of irish football and was in thw papers saying how he disnt miss it and how he would live in manchester forever... There is no way back for him. Trapattoni only wants committed players. This piece of sh*t isnt worth talking about.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 1:08pm
Yet this thread will reach ten pages in no time

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 1:09pm
Here we go again ....

-------------
l hear you are a racist now, father ?

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 1:10pm
Like Stokes,if he improves the squad I'm willing to forgive this fukwit
But I would question this new interest from his side
More bullsh*t IMO
Anyway no room in Traps midfield for hI'm,only way he would play him would be in a 5 men midfield

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 1:13pm

Like Stokes,if he improves the squad I'm willing to forgive this fukwit
But I would question this new interest from his side
More bullsh*t IMO
Anyway no room in Traps midfield for hI'm,only way he would play him would be in a 5 men midfield

My thoughts exacly
Even putting the other bullsh*t to one side where would he play him?
He wont put him ahead of whelan and andrews cos he cant tackle
He wont play him as a winger ahead of mcgeady and duff
Cant see him replacing doyle or keane either somehow
The words requirements and surplus come to mind

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 1:18pm
Belittled the Irish shirt. f**k him.

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 1:19pm
Yeah . Ye can't be stuck in the past . Im sure we will see him come back in at some stage but the terms and the timing of his introduction is the key issue.  

Firstly, he's not gonna get any phonecall. If he wants to play for us he has to let it be known directly to Trap first and foremost. He would be a great addition to the squad but not for the Euros. If he came in as BSM said the shape of the team would have to change. That would be silly with only 3 friendlies before the games begin. The system in place got us there and should/will be the system thats played. It would crucify the spirit of the team if SI was to saunter into the starting 11 for our biggest games in 10 years. 

He will be back though for the World Cup qualifiers im sure of it simply because he plays club football with our 3 most senior players ...

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 1:21pm
Jaysus. Cant believe lads are willing to take back this fookwit.

-------------

Posted By: grannyrule
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 1:32pm

Aston Villa: Stephen Ireland eyes Ireland return for Euros

• http://www.birminghampost.net/midlands-birmingham-sport/west-midlands-sports/aston-villa-fc/2012/02/07/" rel="nofollow - Feb 7 2012
http://www.birminghampost.net/midlands-birmingham-sport/west-midlands-sports/aston-villa-fc/#sitelife-commentsWidget-bottom" rel="nofollow -
Stephen Ireland
Stephen Ireland

Stephen Ireland could make a shock return to the Ireland fold after his fiancee called it his "unfinished dream".

Ireland who has been in fine form for Aston Villa this season last played for Ireland in 2007 amidst controversy over a fabricated 'dead' relative.

His fiancee Jessica Lawlor speaking to the Irish Sun claimed he ws older and wiser now: "I'd love for him to play in the Euros, so fingers crossed that something will work out - there's still time."

"There's no news on the that front at the moment but at the end of the day it has got to come from Stephen and it has got to come from them. I can't answer for Stephen but if or when a phone call comes, it has to be his decision.

"He has a lot to prove when it comes to Ireland - he is a lot older and more mature now. I think he could handle it all better. In my opinion he played his best and was at his happiest with Ireland."

One thing is for sure if he keeps up his current form Giovanni Trapattoni could find it impossible to ignore him.

http://www.birminghampost.net/midlands-birmingham-sport/west-midlands-sports/aston-villa-fc/2012/02/07/aston-villa-stephen-ireland-eyes-ireland-return-for-euros-97319-30281438/" rel="nofollow - http://www.birminghampost.net/midlands-birmingham-sport/west-midlands-sports/aston-villa-fc/2012/02/07/aston-villa-stephen-ireland-eyes-ireland-return-for-euros-97319-30281438/

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 1:33pm
Ye can't live in the past Trap. The future is all that matters , especially in football. Would we be a better team with this fella in it ?? Ye would have to say yeah ... If he begs let him back in Wink

-------------

Posted By: heyirish
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Ye can't live in the past Trap. The future is all that matters , especially in football. Would we be a better team with this fella in it ?? Ye would have to say yeah ... If he begs let him back in Wink

only after the euro's.

Firstly of all there is still no quote from him. She is looking for as much publicity as possible because she isnt talented enough to do anything other than stand in front of a camera and she needs as much exposure as possible

Secondly, what idiot in their right mind regardless of how good he is would go and chase him. He left. Trap met him and asked him would he play. He said no. why in the name of jaysus is it up to Trap go after him

-------------
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now

Posted By: Huggybeer
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 1:49pm
If I thought I had a seat on the plane to poland, and that t**ser took it, Id go fookin postal at the next training session and kill Keane, Dunne, Trap, the lot of them

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 1:51pm
Don't tell me this bollox is at it again.As bitter of a pill  to swallow it is in bringing him back at some stage he's too good to ignore as long as he apologised but he never will.I don't think there'd be as much uproar if he did come back among the players but his attitude would have to change.like it or not he'd one of the best sense of positioning ive seen from an irish midfielder

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 1:54pm

Yes I would support him coming back if it was all sorted in the background HB what's your problem? You never made mistakes and apologized after and moved on? Some things go on longer than others but I know I have made some pretty big ones but have managed to mend it over time, Ireland if he is interested should be given same opportunity if Trap wants him that is.

I 100% agree with mistakes can be made and you forgive and forget.

However,  He has a complete lack of respect for everything the Ireland team stands for.
Trap and Staunton both tried to make there peace with him and get him to come onboard and he rejected the opportunity numerous times.

He is playing the Irish public via the media like some sort of circus. Players past and present all think he is an oddball. His presence would be bad for morale and would be sending out the wrong message to players.

His inclusion would cause unrest in the squad - I am sure a few players would have issue with his inclusion (Hunt for instance).

In relation to footballing matters - I don't see where he would fit into our system. Even if the system were to change I would prefer to call up Hoolahan to the squad.

He has also really done f**k all in the last 2 years or so - he has very brief spells of good form and will go off the radar again.

Overall I just think it would be a bad move for everyone concerned.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 2:00pm
It's all a load of BS me thinks. If he actually came out and said something himself and was willing to apologise to the management and the supporters then I'd have no problems with him coming back. He's a talented footballer and football wise he'd imporve our squads.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 2:01pm
If he apologizes to the necessary parties involved and makes a public apology you would all be creaming yourselves over havin him back, the lad is the best Irish midfielder by a long way and if it was all fixed then he would be welcome back from me anyway, as I said its a long way from happeneningbut ya never know.....

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 2:03pm

Now the hard works been done, its his dream all of a sudden to play in the Euros

Ridiculous

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 2:07pm
pretty childish having this thread in the rest of world section imo

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 2:20pm
Backing this fooker up in any shape or form is ridiculous.  He fell out with Kerr at underage level, made a fool of Stan who pulled out the stops to fly him home at Grannygate, threw a wobbly when Don Givens left him out when Givens had temporary charge and as I said earlier, said Trap was "arrogant".  Then was seen mouthing F off at Big 'Eck the weekend when his gaffer berated him over something during last Sunday's match.  Sono, get your head outa the clouds pal,  Dennis Bergkamp has more chance of boarding that flight than Ireland has.  No amount of sucking up, apologising whatever can fix the damage this tool has caused and the ill-feeling among Irish fans.  He's a waste of space and a troublemaker, Trap won't be wasting time or phone credit on him, I wouldn't even send the coont a Webtext.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

I wouldn't even send the coont a Webtext.

LOL

Or send him a "call me"

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Extinguisher Extinguisher wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Ehhhh that's a brilliant idea! Imagine a few hundred (or thousand!) of us posted postcards from Poland to the little c nut!... just send em to Villa (If he's still there!)

That would be hiliarious.It d be great to do that with 25000 irish fans sending postcards to aston villafor stephen ireland.id put mine in an envelope so they d have to open it to see it.but no anthrax lads Wink

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Backing this fooker up in any shape or form is ridiculous.  He fell out with Kerr at underage level, made a fool of Stan who pulled out the stops to fly him home at Grannygate, threw a wobbly when Don Givens left him out when Givens had temporary charge and as I said earlier, said Trap was "arrogant".  Then was seen mouthing F off at Big 'Eck the weekend when his gaffer berated him over something during last Sunday's match.  Sono, get your head outa the clouds pal,  Dennis Bergkamp has more chance of boarding that flight than Ireland has.  No amount of sucking up, apologising whatever can fix the damage this tool has caused and the ill-feeling among Irish fans.  He's a waste of space and a troublemaker, Trap won't be wasting time or phone credit on him, I wouldn't even send the coont a Webtext.

I am not backing Ireland at all. He has been an absolute tool and seems like a tool as well. But he's a decent player and if he made the move to come back and it was approved by the senior players and management, then who are we to get the hump over it. They are the lads that need to trust him to give his all so if they give him that trust then I will back him.
Of course, if he tried to weasel his way in before the Euros then that is more foolish behaviour from him and anyway Trap would not be that stupid to include him over a regular.
I would also say that this could be Ireland sh*t stirring through his missus now that he is playing well again. I would not put it past him based on previous form

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 3:14pm
Its absurd to suggest he will play any part in the euros

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Its absurd to suggest he will play any part in the euros

In a nutshell.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

pretty childish having this thread in the rest of world section imo
My thoughts exactly,it was in the ROI section this morning but a mod has moved it

-------------

Posted By: AndyMc
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 3:30pm
Horsebox- I forgave you the time you told me to park in the parking space that turned out to be a taxi rank and I got clamped.

Surely this is the same thing, no?

-------------
Simon: No-one brings a bag of sh*t to a pub

Jay: Your dad does

Simon: Does he?

Jay: Yeah, your mum

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by AndyMc AndyMc wrote:

Horsebox- I forgave you the time you told me to park in the parking space that turned out to be a taxi rank and I got clamped.

Surely this is the same thing, no?

EmbarrassedLOL

You must have been doing your Stevie Wonder impression?

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 3:41pm
How many games has ireland played in the last 3 years?

How many goals has he scored?

Had one really good season as far as i can remember that was about it

This quote always makes me laugh
"You see most games get into the last 15 to20 minutes and I'm on my own - running box to box, gambling on things. For the first 75 minutes I have to be more disciplined but as soon as the 75th minute comes I'm gone, I come into my own fitness wise.
"A lot of teams switch off in the last 15 minutes and when they switch off I come into my own and score."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x9X1WMXSPQ&feature=related" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x9X1WMXSPQ&feature=related

See if you can spot our baldy friend in the above video- letting a man 10 years older than him get away from him to score a vital winner- too lazy to track a man 10 years his seniorEmbarrassed

-------------

Posted By: greengiant
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 3:46pm
This thread is exactly where it should be IMO....he has made it this way and it should stay here until he comes out and genuinely apologises at length to the people of Ireland,the players,the manager,the FAI and then and only then should we consider bringing him back into the setup,I cant believe that this article with his woman has brought this sh*te up again,it makes it worse,if anything it should condemn him to international wilderness forever,if he feels like this pull his head out of his hole,call a press conference and apologise bcoz he has made a mockery of us all,instead his woman says well if he gets a phone call who knows....cheeky little f**ker...if he wants to play for this great country he should apologise,beg and plead bcoz if hes not gonna put the effort in to get back into the setup what is the point in having him in the squad in front of someone who actually cares and is proud of their country.

-------------
The first two-syllable word I ever learned growing up was discretion." Dunphy on a his childhood

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 4:05pm
Indeed this should be in the Ireland section and will go there now

As for Ireland. If he apologised to all parties I would take him back AFTER the Euros

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 4:11pm
I would never take him back and he will never play under Trap and probably ever play in green again.

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

As for Ireland. If he apologised to all parties I would take him back AFTER the Euros

+1 

Once his over all attitude improve's aswell and that he genuinely has his heart in playing for the Rep of Ireland no more bullsh*t.

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

It's all a load of BS me thinks. If he actually came out and said something himself and was willing to apologise to the management and the supporters then I'd have no problems with him coming back. He's a talented footballer and football wise he'd imporve our squads.

It's pretty much this simple in my view.

-------------

Posted By: FiremanDan
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 4:18pm
Probably the only issue surrounding the Irish team these days that makes me genuinely angry. To say I hate this little c**t is an understatement. I hope he never plays for Ireland again after some of the stuff he has said and it will be a very very sad day for me as a fan if he ever does. We don't need him and it pisses me off no end to see this pop up in the media every now and again.

-------------
Sean Og O Hailpin.... his father's from Fermanagh, his mother's from Fiji, neither a hurling stronghold."

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

I would never take him back and he will never play under Trap and probably ever play in green again.

You'd just be pissed off that you wouldn't get to sing your Alive Alive Oh song anymore

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 4:24pm
Doesn't matter what section this thread is in.  He shouldn't play for Ireland ever again.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 4:26pm
Stephen Scrotebag should remain in the ROW section as he is not a Rep. of Ireland player.

-------------

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 5:00pm
It's about the Irish team. A former player hinting at wanting to return and it is very much an Ireland issue. Like him or not, this is about our team and it goes back to the Ireland section.
Should a mod change it again, they will be stripped of their stripesTongue

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 5:07pm
Someone should take a poll!!...i can see your point Gerk but its a contentious issue!...let the people decide!...down with this dictatorship you are trying to impose here!!...careful now!!

-------------
The first two-syllable word I ever learned growing up was discretion." Dunphy on a his childhood

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by greengiant greengiant wrote:

Someone should take a poll!!...i can see your point Gerk but its a contentious issue!...let the people decide!...down with this dictatorship you are trying to impose here!!...careful now!!
Gerk decides,he's YBIG CEO

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 5:15pm

Having it in the Irish Section is fine by me, it's the nearest he'll get to anything else to do with the Irish team.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 5:19pm

Originally posted by greengiant greengiant wrote:

Gerk decides,he's YBIG CEO
Jaysus this place is as bad as the bloody government and the FAI Angry...hes a Cranky Evil Ogre!! Wink

-------------

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 5:20pm
On what he has done on the field over the past 18 months, then he shouldn't be in the squad - Simple as that.

You can say what you want about falling out with people etc but I'd have a lot more sympathy for him if he had kept his mouth shut and not started spouting off to daily rags about how he didn't need international football and how he didn't miss it etc.

He should be made stand in front of Davy Langan and explain himself ! If Davy says he would take him back then that's fine with me.....after the Euros and if he is showing consistent form at club level.

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

On what he has done on the field over the past 18 months, then he shouldn't be in the squad - Simple as that.

You can say what you want about falling out with people etc but I'd have a lot more sympathy for him if he had kept his mouth shut and not started spouting off to daily rags about how he didn't need international football and how he didn't miss it etc.

He should be made stand in front of Davy Langan and explain himself ! If Davy says he would take him back then that's fine with me.....after the Euros and if he is showing consistent form at club level.

Clap, I think I know what David might say to him.

-------------

Posted By: Drummerboy
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by FiremanDan FiremanDan wrote:

Probably the only issue surrounding the Irish team these days that makes me genuinely angry. To say I hate this little c**t is an understatement. I hope he never plays for Ireland again after some of the stuff he has said and it will be a very very sad day for me as a fan if he ever does. We don't need him and it pisses me off no end to see this pop up in the media every now and again.

Totally in agreement with you

Posted By: damo21
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by Drummerboy Drummerboy wrote:

+ 1

-------------
he who lies down with the dog will come up with fleas

Posted By: gufct
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by damo21 damo21 wrote:

Originally posted by Drummerboy Drummerboy wrote:

+ 1
+1

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 5:34pm
A fine haul Sono Thumbs Up

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 5:36pm
Some people take a while to grow up , SI being a prime example. He can be a fine player for us. Let old dogs lie , if he makes the call and declares himself available bring him in after the Euro's for his penance . 

-------------

Posted By: Garak
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 5:48pm

Some people take a while to grow up , SI being a prime example. He can be a fine player for us. Let old dogs lie , if he makes the call and declares himself available bring him in after the Euro's for his penance . 
Agreed, he's said some stupid sh*te but after the Euros would be fine with me. Having Given, Dunne, Clark, Robbie all at Villa would probably be a factor if he's now missing being part of the international setup. Watched them a good bit recently and he's been pretty solid.

Posted By: The Drifter
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 6:02pm
trap would never pick him. never. that is a fact.

if he apologised for everything that has happened, and admitted he was a clown and is willing to contribute something positive to the team and showed the same kind of pride that the other lads are showing every time they come out in a green jersey then maybe....MAYBE....he could be considered for a call-up to the team.

the fact that many people here think that his extremely unlikely return would warrant an immediate start is absolutely baffling. he would be part of a squad of 28 and then widdled down to the number trap always picks for qualifiers. if he thought (or any of the supporters of him) thought he would come straight back into the team based on his club performances and checkered history is definitely lamenting and smoking something strong.

-------------
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.

Posted By: Trapped
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 6:04pm

If he apologizes to the necessary parties involved and makes a public apology you would all be creaming yourselves over havin him back, the lad is the best Irish midfielder by a long way and if it was all fixed then he would be welcome back from me anyway, as I said its a long way from happenening but ya never know.....

Sono are you taking the piss or what.

Some people have very short memories. Do you think he'd want to come back if we hadn't qualified? He would in his arse. If he does express an interest in returning (which he mightn't) his only motivation would be to further his own career. He's done it before by toying with the idea of returning for Ireland in the media, always conveniently when his club career was going badly. Some fans got their hopes up only for him to shut the door again. Then when his career would be flying he'd say the extra training he does during international breaks help him be so much "fitter than others". This chap doesn't give a fook about playing for Ireland - his only concern is his club career. Villa are not exactly flying high at the minute and you can be sure that's in his head.

There is a very real chance someone of the quality of McCarthy, McLean or Coleman will miss out on a place in the squad for Poland, yet this eejit is being talked about. Aside from all that what has he done in the last two years? Played three or four half decent games with Robbie Keane. Sure he wouldn't even get in on merit. We've plenty of wingers and strikers who'd be in ahead of him and we don't even play anyone in his position. Fook him.

-------------
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)

Posted By: grannyrule
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 6:07pm
Everyone has their opinions, but to tell the truth I wouldn't mind see him returning.

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 6:19pm

How???
How in god's name can people still defend this gimp????

To those saying Kerr and Stan let him down - READ WHAT YOUR BELOVED STEPHEN IRELAND HAS TO SAY IN THE SUNDAY PAPERS THIS WEEK

Blaming Stan and Kerr ??? Give me a fukin break.

Stephen Ireland f**k off you ****

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 6:20pm

50% of Internationa Football is about Passion,commitment and pride and he has shown none of the above he looked down on the place that made were he is today, he's a child. The morale in the setup is outstanding at the minute why in the name of god would anyone wanna change thatConfusedConfused. Stephen hunt said he didn't want him to come back and said as a joke "his dad could probaly play"LOLLOL.  I agree with Trapped to think a young player could be left out  for this knob is just cringeworthy.  Anyway wouldnt read too much into this it is Stephen Ireland were talking about.

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Posted By: shouty
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 6:28pm
is this not a professional sport is he not better than some of the players who played against russia at home when we never touched  the ball for long periods dont feel sorry for those make the squad life is hard and some times hard decisions have to be made is it not about winning  and going as far as we can if not well your looking at it with to much emotion 

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 6:32pm
A lot to be said for punctuation shouty...jaysis!

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: El_nino
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 6:36pm
It should be your greatest honour to represent your country at any sport or level. Think of all the sportsmen/women who would give anything to get a chance at doing so. This moron disrespected the fans, the shirt, the management, the team and the entire country. He took a great big leak on the short IMO. I couldn't care of he won the ballon d'or 4 years running I wouldn't have him back.

Posted By: shouty
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 6:50pm
Hence the nickname mcG all said with one breath.LOL

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 7:12pm
Just because his name is Ireland doesn't mean it should be in the ROI section.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 7:15pm

Playing for your country has NOTHING to do with growing up. In football, you can do so from the age of 15 and I know as a kid from as soon as I could kick a ball that it was all I ever wanted to do. So if someone needs to "mature" to realise that they want to play for their country, then they are most likely retarded.
If for whatever reason you don't want to play for your country, that's grand. But f**k off and shut the f**k up and stop going on about it Stephen. 

-------------
Sean Og O Hailpin.... his father's from Fermanagh, his mother's from Fiji, neither a hurling stronghold."

Posted By: TheMightyQuinn
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 7:16pm
honestly this whole circus is probably made up by some journalist trying to sell papers not by ireland himself...

regardless....if he had earned the trust of the squad, and the management team than that is good enough for me. as fans we never get to really understand what has actually went on(see andy o'brien. it's easy to commentate from a desktop, but the fact is we only see what the papers write, and lord knows how distorted or factual they are.

I can't believe I'm about to say this but...
In Trap I Trust

-------------
You'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by TheMightyQuinn TheMightyQuinn wrote:

honestly this whole circus is probably made up by some journalist trying to sell papers not by ireland himself...
and his brain dead girlfriend.

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by TheMightyQuinn TheMightyQuinn wrote:

regardless....if he had earned the trust of the squad, and the management team than that is good enough for me. as fans we never get to really understand what has actually went on(see andy o'brien. it's easy to commentate from a desktop, but the fact is we only see what the papers write, and lord knows how distorted or factual they are.

I can't believe I'm about to say this but...
In Trap I Trust

I don't buy that. If he's been misquoted in the past, then I suggest he should have set the record straight before now. From what I read it was pretty clear where his allegiance lies and there does not appear to have been any attempt to "qualify" his statements in the past.
This man is a bell-end and a publicity hungry prick. He probably feels the buzz around the Ireland team through Given and Dunne as well as the other players (more and more of whom are getting regular Premiership first team starts) and being the greedy **** that he is, he now wants a slice of it.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net