You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tips for today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 734735736737738 787>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by Il Principe Il Principe wrote:

Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

It wont make you rich but i'd say something lucky should win the 1.30 in southwell and at odds against is worth a bet, won in better company last time and has won off higher marks in the past. 

2 points win something lucky 1.30 6/4 in ladbrokes.

I've a sneaky feeling faugheen won't run on sunday and I hope Jezki does. 25/1 is some bet in paddy paying 3 places if that turns out to be the case. 

1 point each way jezki irish champion hurdle on sunday. 3 places with pp 25/1.

21 points staked 33.2 returned. 

declarations already made major, so if non runner will be a big rule 4 and only 2 places

race is on saturday btw Thumbs Up

That is a great point. Daft by me, thought it was still ante post rules.
Here we go again
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 11:01am
Backing two today. 

Think plansina is a very good price in the 2.00 in southwell, beat the favourite last time by a neck and was pulling away at the line. With only a pound turnaround between them today I'm struggling to see why plansina is twice the price. If in the same vein of form should win, I'm going to have 2 points win with PP at 6/1.

The other one I'm backing at a price in a brutal race is beau mistral in the 4.10. This horse runs off a mark of 55, draw a line through her last run as the saddle slipped soon after the start of the race and she was beaten a mile. Beau Mistral has never run off a mark of lower than 55 in her life. She's ran off 55 four times, including her last run and won twice off this mark. She won off 55 around this time last year and followed up next time off a mark of 61. At 9 years old there's surely another day in this horse and the price today is too good to resist. Beau Mistral, 1.5 points each way with PP at 25/1.

26 points staked 33.2 returned.
Here we go again
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 6:40pm

Backing two today. 

Think plansina is a very good price in the 2.00 in southwell, beat the favourite last time by a neck and was pulling away at the line. With only a pound turnaround between them today I'm struggling to see why plansina is twice the price. If in the same vein of form should win, I'm going to have 2 points win with PP at 6/1.

The other one I'm backing at a price in a brutal race is beau mistral in the 4.10. This horse runs off a mark of 55, draw a line through her last run as the saddle slipped soon after the start of the race and she was beaten a mile. Beau Mistral has never run off a mark of lower than 55 in her life. She's ran off 55 four times, including her last run and won twice off this mark. She won off 55 around this time last year and followed up next time off a mark of 61. At 9 years old there's surely another day in this horse and the price today is too good to resist. Beau Mistral, 1.5 points each way with PP at 25/1.

26 points staked 33.2 returned.

Both stuffed IM.
Beau mistral was last I think, didn't see him cross the line tbh so he might still be running.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 6:49pm
Not to take too much away from IM but surely he can set up a separate thread for his own fancies, I keep looking in thinking there is a tip going
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 9:47am
Keep the fancies coming IM. Obviously knows his stuff, puts a lot of detail into his reasoning, and its clear when they aren't tips from the yard and are just his fancies.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Keep the fancies coming IM. Obviously knows his stuff, puts a lot of detail into his reasoning, and its clear when they aren't tips from the yard and are just his fancies.
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 12:10pm
Keep em coming IM backed them 2 donkeys yesterday but I do enjoy your tips enough detail put into them for lads to make their own decision whether to back it or not
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Keep em coming IM backed them 2 donkeys yesterday but I do enjoy your tips enough detail put into them for lads to make their own decision whether to back it or not

Thanks, I think! LOL

Listen, when you back a 25/1 shot they need to win one every 24 times to make it profitable. Obviously you want it to be more often than not, but I know I'll land a big price one and that will really boost the pot but patience is needed. When a horse is the outsider of the field it is much more likely that they'll be coming closer to last than first, and there's obviously times when a horse just underperforms.

I also like backing 'well-handicapped' horses that are out of form. Again it's more likely that they're not going to run well but I'm hoping to find value and maybe I think I'll have seen something in their last few runs that makes me think they can outrun their odds. I'm going to be wrong way way more than I am right but hopefully I can be profitable over a period of time!

I'll keep posting them but maybe I'll start another thread because it's exceptionally heart-breaking for lads to have to open up this thread and realise that Willie Mullins hasn't recently posted.  
Here we go again
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 12:33pm

Thanks, I think! LOL

Listen, when you back a 25/1 shot they need to win one every 24 times to make it profitable. Obviously you want it to be more often than not, but I know I'll land a big price one and that will really boost the pot but patience is needed. When a horse is the outsider of the field it is much more likely that they'll be coming closer to last than first, and there's obviously times when a horse just underperforms.

I also like backing 'well-handicapped' horses that are out of form. Again it's more likely that they're not going to run well but I'm hoping to find value and maybe I think I'll have seen something in their last few runs that makes me think they can outrun their odds. I'm going to be wrong way way more than I am right but hopefully I can be profitable over a period of time!

I'll keep posting them but maybe I'll start another thread because it's exceptionally heart-breaking for lads to have to open up this thread and realise that Willie Mullins hasn't recently posted.  

LOL

Given Willie's history of information, I'd not be following what he said anyway

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 12:34pm

Thanks, I think! LOL

LOL

Just beat me to it ! 
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 1:36pm

Thanks, I think! LOL

LOL

he's easy to follow, just do the opposite of what him and ricci say Thumbs Up
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 2:08pm
One for tomorrow - Gerwyn Price 5/2 to beat Gary Anderson. Gary struggling hugely with his back and it's taking place in Wales so Gerwyn will have huge support.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 2:13pm
As I said on here months ago, it takes balls to post up a tip or a fancy when there's money being put down.

I remember on here a good few years ago, as a person who works in the Horse Racing Industry trying to get any sort of info off people in the know and would post them up, yet I'd be seen as a villain when the horse/horses didn't win (which was fairly regular) but still I don't know many people who wouldn't prefer info when it's given from on track (personal choice to take it up or not) 

For luck a healthy percentage of my tips/fancies have won the past 12 months or so when posting on here, but there's nothing as bad as when people shoot you down when a horse doesn't win. 

Keep up the good work IM Thumbs Up

Edited by Green Devil - 07 Feb 2018 at 2:15pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 2:21pm
Just been sent a text for a tip in the 2.25 at Chelmsford
Stopdworldnletmeof

The yard are very confident on this one and have booked Jamie Spencer to ride.
Was 13/2 this morning, 9/2 now

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 2:27pm
For me, I've no issue with anybody posting anything on here just as long as they give a bit more background e.g. My own fancy, have had word from the yard, some lad down the pub mentioned it etc !
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Thanks, I think! LOL

LOL

Just beat me to it ! 

Sure that yard can't even give out the same info to owners
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 2:28pm

Just been sent a text for a tip in the 2.25 at Chelmsford
Stopdworldnletmeof

The yard are very confident on this one and have booked Jamie Spencer to ride.
Was 13/2 this morning, 9/2 now

GL baggio
Here we go again
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 2:34pm
Jaysus, what a heap of sh*te. It might win the 3 o clock race
Sorry lads.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 734735736737738 787>
  Share Topic