You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tips for today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 787>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walsheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 5:28am
try out in the first in thurles,mr eko e/w,is about 8/1
Going To The Euro's,Poland and Ukraine 2012 HO HO!!!!

twitter.......@walsheman

greengiant View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 7:18am
Originally posted by flick flick wrote:

Any tips for today lads? Went for outside the box e/w in the 2.10 Hereford
Its hardly much of a tip at the price but Shrapnel in the 2.35 at thurles is 5/4 at the minute,it has been tipped up on numerous sites,one of which was Gary O'Brien who tipped Selection Box yesterday as well,he has a great run lately...i havnt benefited much from it though!...i always seem to miss the winning tips!!...maybe its a sign i should steer clear!!
The first two-syllable word I ever learned growing up was discretion." Dunphy on a his childhood
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

Think Elizabeth Coffee is a great price in the 9pm at Dundalk @5/2
 and Knockgraffon Lad in the 9.30 @ 11/4

Ive backed the 2 horses over the last 3 weeks and I think both should give good accounts in attempting to complete their respective Hatrick tonight

Both horses out again tonight. 2nd and 1st last week respectively when i posted that.  Think they will both give another account of themselves.
Young Colin Keane is suspended so Billy Lee is riding it (Knockgraffon Lad)
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 11:19am
Same lad that gave me that donkey the other week rang me about szabos destiny in the 8.30 dundalk ew. Its 12s at the minute. Owners a local fella where he lives in sligo and he heard it earlier. Had a look at the market and its on the slide so far but keep an eye on it to see if money comes before you do anything i would say. Thats what im going to do anyway.
Just said id pass the info on
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 2:36pm
right something like 12 meetings on monday lads, one horse is all i am going to do and that is Eddie o'gradys Star of Massini 3.50 Limerick (Bumper)...it will do for me interesting to see if it goes off fav!
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Doyler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
AKA James McCarthy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2011 at 7:08pm
What about kauto star on boxing day lads? Was thinking of lumping a good few quid on him, really what chance does he have of beating long run? Was he not wrote off before that last race and ended up winning by 8 or so lengths? Is 3s good value?
Look at these scenes, just look at these scenes!

"it's too strong lads!"
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 5:03am
Originally posted by Doyler Doyler wrote:

What about kauto star on boxing day lads? Was thinking of lumping a good few quid on him, really what chance does he have of beating long run? Was he not wrote off before that last race and ended up winning by 8 or so lengths? Is 3s good value?

Any horse with Kauto's pedigree has to be given a chance esp given the fact Ruby knows the horse inside out which counts for alot....The thing is Long Run never wins on its first time back and i reckon some people didn't realise that until after Kauto won the race.

Kauto was in an around 9/2 - 5/1 a few weeks ago so there has been steady support for it even if its not a huge gamble , but still there's money being laid down...

Funny thing is you could end up with 5 or 6 winners on monday , but there is so much racing on lads end up giving it all back because they try back everywhere!! Best thing to do is go down early in the morning , do your bets and leave...12 race meetings on ffs yet some people will still back in portman park and capella on the virtuals LOL
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 5:15am
It might be good value Doyler but I one for wont be having much of a bet on that race as you need to work out for yerself was that race a one off for Kauto as in the last year he went backwards and to come back like that was pretty impressive so you have to ask why he had a year running like that and how Nicholls cured the problem, on the other hand you need to ask did Long Run simply need the run to gain fitness, did he have underlying problems that day that probably have been cured then you also have the added bonus of a horse I think could well be the most dangerous in the race if he can stay on his feet - Masterminded.

Will probably have a small wager on Kauto for old time sake(this horse has won me so much in the last 5 years) and I cant stand Long Run and its connections(the owner and jockey)
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 5:45am
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

It might be good value Doyler but I one for wont be having much of a bet on that race as you need to work out for yerself was that race a one off for Kauto as in the last year he went backwards and to come back like that was pretty impressive so you have to ask why he had a year running like that and how Nicholls cured the problem, on the other hand you need to ask did Long Run simply need the run to gain fitness, did he have underlying problems that day that probably have been cured then you also have the added bonus of a horse I think could well be the most dangerous in the race if he can stay on his feet - Masterminded.

Will probably have a small wager on Kauto for old time sake(this horse has won me so much in the last 5 years) and I cant stand Long Run and its connections(the owner and jockey)

Agreed, Not having a massive wager on this race but ill have a small bet on masterminded!
Great weeks racing ahead. Hope all on here has a good week and give the bookies a bashing.
Happy xmas fellow puntersClap
Trap for Pope View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap for Pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 6:43am
Any more info on Limerick lads? Headin there for the day Tuesday.....
Living for Away days
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 6:56am
Tomorrow

13.35 Limerick:   Trifolium

15.30 DR   Leish OscarWink
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 7:18am
I wouldn't back Kauto at 3s, I dont think its great value. Whilst I will probably end up backing Long Run, I wont be getting involved heavily as I'm still unconvinced by his jumping. Whilst he jumped like a complete pig last month, even in the Gold Cup he didn't jump fluently, yet his class told on very inferior rivals. Id expect the same to happen tomorrow.

Very competitive racing all around tomorrow. The Christmas hurdle is very hard to call - a race I'll likely steer clear of.

In the 1.25 at Leopardstown Im sticking with One Cool Shabra. Cracking each way price imo at 8/1. I reckon he's going to be a better horse going left handed as he tends to jump to the left. The last time he ran left handed was when breaking his maiden by 27 lengths. It could allow him to reverse form with the favourite. 1 thing is he's as game as anything and imo wont be out of the first 3 in any case and his jumping the last day did appear to improve.

3 for a trixie:
Down Royal 3.00 Bay Of Kotor
Leopardstown 2.20 Bog Warrior
Kempton 2.00 Grand Crus

And throw in One Cool Shabra for a yankee.

Edited by Kerrzy - 25 Dec 2011 at 7:55am
Doyler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
AKA James McCarthy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 7:37am
Cheers for the info lads, alot on here really do know their stuff! Think i'm still going to have a flutter on him for a bit of interest, maybe £50-£100.

Best to luck to everyone betting over the festive period, i myself hope to smash the bookies with my footie bets tomorrow.
Look at these scenes, just look at these scenes!

"it's too strong lads!"
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 8:37am
Doyler lad - take a zero of the end of them figures ffs, that race will be hard to call so dont waste money on it unless you can afford to.

Noticed one horse from the last few years that always seemed to place with a few victorys is running at Ffos Las tomorrow - Kimberlite King. Now with the Vaughan yard I see and is priced up around the 8/1 mark in the 3.25 there tomorrow. Might be some e/w value in this horse I reckon
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 9:21am
One Cool Shabra . He is a decent price at 8/1 but i wouldnt take his 29L defeat of JHs The Quiet Hawk as great form. The 2nd and 3rd have been very disappointing since.He got the run of the race out in front that day.Leopardstown is notoriously hard to make all in but as Kerryz said Listowel and Leotown are left handed tracks and his jumping to the left may suit. The Favourite Sam Bass has been ridden to the fore in his last 2 outings which have been successful. I would think he should do the business tomorrow providing that Oliver Bradys charge doesnt poach an unassailable lead. Sam Bass has a line of form through the Quiet Hawk and also beat One Cool Shabra in Fairyhouse last month. Again OCS tried to make all and was picked off by Sam Bass who recorded a cosy victory.

Ill be going for a Sam Bass win and maybe a small forcast. Ill be leaving Dermot Welds new hurdling recruit out of the equation. Yet he could be a potential superstar. 
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 1:51am
Kauto will get destroyed today, will be lucky to finish in top 4.

His last win was because he was fine tuned and all other horses needed the run. Capain Chris, Long Run will be sharp today . Master Minded won't do the trip.

Re:One Cool Shabra, hard to see him beating Sam Bass.

Midnight Game is my banker today...Bog Warrior a very bet also.

colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 3:33am
Gone for long run, bog warrior, sir des champs and speed master in an acc.
Ew lucky 15.  one cool shabra, masterminded, fennis boy, ferry point.
Ill have another few later when they are on.
Hope all has a lucky day!
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 3:33am
Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

One Cool Shabra . He is a decent price at 8/1 but i wouldnt take his 29L defeat of JHs The Quiet Hawk as great form. The 2nd and 3rd have been very disappointing since.He got the run of the race out in front that day.Leopardstown is notoriously hard to make all in but as Kerryz said Listowel and Leotown are left handed tracks and his jumping to the left may suit. The Favourite Sam Bass has been ridden to the fore in his last 2 outings which have been successful. I would think he should do the business tomorrow providing that Oliver Bradys charge doesnt poach an unassailable lead. Sam Bass has a line of form through the Quiet Hawk and also beat One Cool Shabra in Fairyhouse last month. Again OCS tried to make all and was picked off by Sam Bass who recorded a cosy victory.

Ill be going for a Sam Bass win and maybe a small forcast. Ill be leaving Dermot Welds new hurdling recruit out of the equation. Yet he could be a potential superstar. 

Ya agreed about Weld's - personally wouldnt back a 1 st time over hudles in a graded race. Ya I know that its not great form but he did that cosily, could've won by 40, so you cant write it off. He only has 2 and a half lengths to find with Sam Bass and while he came on the bridle the day he beat him, he wasnt going away at the finish. It'll be tough to win from the front as you say but he is cracking value as an each way bet to nothing.

Best of luck to all of yous punting todayThumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 787>
  Share Topic