You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tips for today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 787>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 5:22am
Leopardstown OFF......
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2011 at 4:07pm
Leopardstown ON......lets fill our boots.......Mutadarek anyone?
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2011 at 5:37am
Mullins to clean up!

MDH, Zaidpour to piss in !! gonna keep the faith. champagne agent to make it a treble.

Also Walkon at 8-1 in newbury ...think he will walk in!! best horse by a mile in there.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2011 at 6:36am
Kempes to win the Gold CupThumbs%20Up

Cool Quest in the 2.15 too

Edited by ShamtheRam - 12 Feb 2011 at 6:37am
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2011 at 7:13am
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Leopardstown ON......lets fill our boots.......Mutadarek anyone?
Peak Raider was not in the original line up carrying a low weight now too!
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2011 at 7:44am
see two horses died before first race at newbury? mental..couple of other looking dodge aswell....
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2011 at 8:36am
Originally posted by WindBag WindBag wrote:

see two horses died before first race at newbury? mental..couple of other looking dodge aswell....
Heard a lad in the bookies saying they got electrocuted Confused
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2011 at 8:44am

Racing at Newbury has been abandoned in extraordinary circumstances after Fenix Two and Marching Song collapsed and died in the parade ring before the first race.

An inquiry and immediate post-mortems were announced, with the reasons for the deaths unknown amid speculation the horses died from some form of electric shock emanating from underneath the paddock. Some horses had already made it down to the start and there were reports that others had "wobbled" on entering the paddock.

Despite running the first race, a decision was taken to call the rest of the big meeting off. A statement released at 2.10pm read: "The Newbury executive have decided that racing today has been abandoned."

Newbury chairman Christopher Spence said: "It's a nightmare for everybody. We can't be certain what it is, we all think it's electric, but we don't know. It's easy to say carry on and hope for the best, but just hoping is not something we should or could do. We've got to look after our customers and we've got to look after the horses.

"It's defeated everyone and we don't know the answer. We'll have a meeting to decide if we can re-run any of the races and we'll make further announcements as soon as we possibly can. We've looked at the cables and we couldn't see any damage and no work has been carried out on the paddock since the last meeting."

Nicky Henderson acted quickly to withdraw his runner in the first, Kid Cassidy, while Andy Turnell, trainer of Marching Song, said: "It looks like they've been electrocuted. My fellow seemed perfectly all right and I was about to leg him up but he just went straight down."

Jonjo O'Neill, trainer of Fenix Two, said: "Kid Cassidy was in front and he took a turn. We thought he was bucking and kicking and he went down on his knees then he seemed to be OK. Mine reared up and we couldn't get him back, it was like he was stuck to the ground. It was the weirdest thing I've ever seen in my life."

Marching Song's part-owner Graham Thorner said: "I was very fond of him and he had great potential. To a layman with no evidence, you would say it was electrical. The lad who was with him was saying 'I'm getting an electric shock off this horse'. It can't be coincidence four horses have done the same thing and two have died, all in the same area.

Henderson said: "About a minute before it happened, Kid Cassidy was walking in the same corner of the paddock. I had my back turned but my daughter said 'your horse has gone down'.

"He got back up again and he went to the start. All the horses at the start had their hearts checked and he was fine, but he was desperately keen so I decided to take him out. Electrocution is the most obvious possibility. Nobody is to blame really, but I think you'd only really find out when they've done a post-mortem."

Jasus madness
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2011 at 9:30am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Kempes to win the Gold CupThumbs%20Up

ClapClapClap

13/2

70 notes!Smile
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
devondudley View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devondudley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2011 at 9:30am
shocking
But fumble in a greasy till

And add the halfpence to the pence

And pray to shivering prayer, until

You have dried the marrow from the bone.

W. B. Yeats, September 1913
flick View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 10:45am
Jordan in the 4.30 at folkestone just Won me 3 of 4 in lucky 15 waiting on dantes storm in the 5pm at Folkestone to get 4/4 Hopefullg it wins now
GWAN YBIG
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 11:10am
Originally posted by flick flick wrote:

Jordan in the 4.30 at folkestone just Won me 3 of 4 in lucky 15 waiting on dantes storm in the 5pm at Folkestone to get 4/4 Hopefullg it wins now

home & hosed 4/6....well doneThumbs%20Up
Karnage View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karnage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 11:12am

fair play man €1 lucky 15 yea!?
flick View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Karnage Karnage wrote:

fair play man €1 lucky 15 yea!?

€.50 but still got €285 back
GWAN YBIG
Karnage View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karnage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 11:16am
happy days make sure you piss it all against the wall!

Edited by Karnage - 15 Feb 2011 at 11:16am
flick View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Karnage Karnage wrote:

happy days make sure you piss it all against the wall!

Damn right
GWAN YBIG
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 4:42am
JUSTICE.....your buddy is runnin at Kelso today,,don't forget our €10 bet...

Peddlers cross, thinks he's 2/11 today...needs a decent performance to live up to the hype!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 6:47am
Invictus 2.00 ffos las was unlucky the last time jockey unseated at the last when well clear of the field, danger mmcoy on teaforthree!

just been told this

Invictus, in reciept of 6Ib. double up with priceless art 1.40 @Kelso. buying money!

Edited by Neil Armstrong - 17 Feb 2011 at 7:18am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 787>
  Share Topic