You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Restaurants Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 53>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 8:47pm
The Blazing Grill in tallaght is great on a Sunday. 3 courses for 19.50 and kids eat and drink for free. Decent selection too. Starters choices are gorgeous chicken wings with blue cheese sauce, big bowl of soup of the day or one other option. Examples on the main are steak, onion chips and pepper sauce, chicken and bacon with roast veg. Beef burger and chips. 3 options for dessert too but what I got and what is delish is bread and butter pudding covered in toffee.

Always like pattaya in Clondalkin too for a curry. Think i mentioned it here before. Was there again yesterday for a family gathering. 15 euro for 3 course meal every Monday to Thursday. Great choice of starters. Main is a meat with a sauce and fried rice or chips. Dessert is just ice cream but you do be stuffed anyway.

Edited by t_rAndy - 09 Nov 2012 at 8:48pm
soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 8:55pm
VM Restaurant here in  Longford really top notch if a little on the more expensive side of pricing.

Sunday lunch is €30, early bird €35 and full menu €53 all excluding drinks.

Another out of the way place is Midldeton Park House in Castletown Geoghegan.  It has strange opening times and you need to book in advance and is more or less same pricing as VM

Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

The Blazing Grill in tallaght is great on a Sunday. 3 courses for 19.50 and kids eat and drink for free. Decent selection too. Starters choices are gorgeous chicken wings with blue cheese sauce, big bowl of soup of the day or one other option. Examples on the main are steak, onion chips and pepper sauce, chicken and bacon with roast veg. Beef burger and chips. 3 options for dessert too but what I got and what is delish is bread and butter pudding covered in toffee.

Always like pattaya in Clondalkin too for a curry. Think i mentioned it here before. Was there again yesterday for a family gathering. 15 euro for 3 course meal every Monday to Thursday. Great choice of starters. Main is a meat with a sauce and fried rice or chips. Dessert is just ice cream but you do be stuffed anyway.

great shout. go there for Sunday lunch a fair bit. €12 for a four course lunch of soup, starter, main with side and a bowl of ice cream. super value. that deal is until 5pm every day of the week
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 8:58pm
Heading to the noble house tomorrow out on the
sh*te side sorry I mean the north side for an early bird supposed to be nice. Earlybird menu looks decent enough. Hopefully it's alright.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

sh*te side sorry I mean the north side for an early bird supposed to be nice. Earlybird menu looks decent enough. Hopefully it's alright.
Used to be one on Dame St
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

Wide one!
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Mr.Mojo Risin' View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

pray for Mojo!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mojo Risin' Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 12:29am
Went to Luigi Malones the other night and had a lovely Calzone. Would give the place a thumbs up Thumbs Up
Ahh heya!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 11:11am
I was in the Citron in the Fitzwilliam Hotel last night absolute top quality food.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Jackthelad View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 11:25am
Anybody ever havin to visit ennis seasons 52 is the best restaurant we have to offer. Was in there Thursday again, would highly recommend it. Lovely place inside too.
Oh Poland we loved you.....
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 11:31am
Anyone going to London should check out tiroler hut in bayswater (westbourne grove). It's an amazing Austrian/Hungarian restaurant which the owner founded in 1967. Every night he plays live music in the restaurant. It's savage craic as he gets the customers to join in. As you can imagine the food is amazing.

Edited by colemanY2K - 10 Nov 2012 at 11:32am
Curiousdub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curiousdub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 1:30am
Had dinner in Jamie Oliver's place in Dundrum last night.

Food portions where quite small i taught but i expected it a bit. Had buffalo ravioli with Chips as a side, nicest chips iv ever had.

Il definitely be going back, it was packed aswel, good atmosphere.

Service was great too.
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 1:35am
My mate works there as a chef. Says he's never seen so much butter and salt go into food before, and this in a restaraunt of the man who goes around preaching about good healthy food!!

Edited by Max Power - 13 Nov 2012 at 1:35am
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 8:18am
Originally posted by Curiousdub Curiousdub wrote:

Had dinner in Jamie Oliver's place in Dundrum last night.

Food portions where quite small i taught but i expected it a bit. Had buffalo ravioli with Chips as a side, nicest chips iv ever had.

Il definitely be going back, it was packed aswel, good atmosphere.

Service was great too.

Pasta and chips together
fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 9:56am
Chapter One in Parnell square, gotta be up there with the best in the country.

DG80 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 10:07am
Originally posted by Jackthelad Jackthelad wrote:

Anybody ever havin to visit ennis seasons 52 is the best restaurant we have to offer. Was in there Thursday again, would highly recommend it. Lovely place inside too.

is the owner a pats fan by any chance. Cry
cup champions
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 11:22pm
Anyone ever eat in Frankie Dettoris restaurant. Getting brought there by work next week Clap
Rostrevor Fan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rostrevor Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 11:28pm
were you looking to go there furlong sgb
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 11:38pm
Should go the extra mile and order the most expensive dish
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 53>
  Share Topic