Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=26066
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 12:16am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Best Restaurants Thread
Posted By: Justice No. 1
Subject: Best Restaurants Thread
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 10:51am

My favourite one has to be the Teppan Yaki menu in Chai Yo Restaurant on Baggott Street. For those that ain't been its just opposite the BOI HQ middle of baggott Street. Great place, great staff, great foodClap good place to  bring a bird or even a few people. Plus they serve Chang Beer so you can wear an Everton Jersey and not look like a scrubberTongue

Check out the website and menus below

http://www.chaiyo.ie/default.aspx - http://www.chaiyo.ie/default.aspx

Replies:
Posted By: magnumpi
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 10:52am
Luigi Malones in Temple Bar, great ribs and they do a lovely bier called Fischerbrau.

Also, if you're ever in Paris, head to Chez Janou, for brilliant french food, or

for amazing steak  Les Puces des Batignolles - huge steak comes served on a chopping board.

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 10:58am
Originally posted by magnumpi magnumpi wrote:

Luigi Malones in Temple Bar, great ribs and they do a lovely bier called Fischerbrau.

Also, if you're ever in Paris, head to Chez Janou, for brilliant french food, or

for amazing steak  Les Puces des Batignolles - huge steak comes served on a chopping board.
looks good http://www.luigimalones.com/index.php?page=home - http://www.luigimalones.com/index.php?page=home Clap never been

Posted By: bossofthemoss
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:00am
Elephant and Castle

Great Burgers, Beers + The best Wings in Dublin

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:02am
Originally posted by bossofthemoss bossofthemoss wrote:

Elephant and Castle

Great Burgers, Beers + The best Wings in Dublin

Have been and they are quality alriteClap more of a pub though but still good. Keep them comingClap

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:04am
New one called the Butchers Grill in Ranelagh

Really good Steak, Ribs and quality House Reds

Posted By: Stoked Up
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:05am
Keshk Cafe on Upper Leeson Street. Top class Eastern Mediterranean food at reasonable prices. Bring your own wine and even if you forget, there's an off licence and a Spar a couple of doors down on either side. Keshk don't even hit you with a corkage fee.

Word to the wise. Despite the recession (or maybe because of the recession) its very busy and it only holds about 30 people, so advance booking is nearly always necessary for night time dining.
Dinner for two with a couple of bottles of wine for about €60.

Posted By: Max Power
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:06am
Nandos.

Also there's an Asian cuisine in Malahide called Kajaal, think it's just been Michelin starred, absolute quality and not that expensive either. 3 course early bird for 18.50. If your into your Indian Japanese or Pakistani food you gotta check it out.

-------------
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch

Posted By: Siralex
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:08am
Good thread Justice:

My faves are

BAR PINTXOa tapas bar in Temple Bar which is perfect for a date!

LES FRERES JACQUES - Dame St - if you like French Cuisine

and...this one sounds a bit cheap - but I'm a Chinese food freak and have eaten in about a hundred Chinese restaurants in Dublin - the best to my taste is

LEMONGRASS - At City West.  Delicious spicy chicken salad starter (best dish in Dublin) and stunning hot currys!!!

For cheap casual food: I love Cactus Jacks just off Jervis St.

Posted By: Gavintheslob
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:12am
nice cheap place for a bite to eat is Tenors in donnybrook

-------------
Its very frustrating being a Slob

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Keshk Cafe on Upper Leeson Street. Top class Eastern Mediterranean food at reasonable prices. Bring your own wine and even if you forget, there's an off licence and a Spar a couple of doors down on either side. Keshk don't even hit you with a corkage fee.

Word to the wise. Despite the recession (or maybe because of the recession) its very busy and it only holds about 30 people, so advance booking is nearly always necessary for night time dining.
Dinner for two with a couple of bottles of wine for about €60.
ClapClapClapClap must give this one a  whirl Stoked Up. I really like the Cedar Tree on St. Andrews Street which does lebonese food so I'm imagime Keshk would be similiar enough http://www.menupages.ie/dublin/city_centre/city_centre_south/the_cedar_tree/menu.aspx - http://www.menupages.ie/dublin/city_centre/city_centre_south/the_cedar_tree/menu.aspx

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Siralex Siralex wrote:

Good thread Justice:

My faves are

BAR PINTXOa tapas bar in Temple Bar which is perfect for a date!

Tapas are excellentClap

LES FRERES JACQUES - Dame St - if you like French Cuisine

never been to the above siralex but often looked at the menu $$$$$$$$$Shocked would imagine its nice though

and...this one sounds a bit cheap - but I'm a Chinese food freak and have eaten in about a hundred Chinese restaurants in Dublin - the best to my taste is

LEMONGRASS - At City West.  Delicious spicy chicken salad starter (best dish in Dublin) and stunning hot currys!!!

For cheap casual food: I love Cactus Jacks just off Jervis St.

anyone know any good seafood restuarants in town ? I hera there's a great one in howth but its a massive trek for me

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:18am
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

Nandos. Dead get out of this thread Max PowerLOL

Also there's an Asian cuisine in Malahide called Kajaal, think it's just been Michelin starred, absolute quality and not that expensive either. 3 course early bird for 18.50. If your into your Indian Japanese or Pakistani food you gotta check it out.

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:19am
Going to Plug my Sister's Place off South Circular Road.

Only open 6 months, Has had great feedback so far.

%20 - http://www.bibis.ie/

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:22am

If your ever over in Edinburgh check out the area around the mosque in newington. It's full of middle eastern and asian restaurants. My favourite which is dirt cheap and is really popular with uni students is the mosque kitchen. It's directly behind the mosque and do amazing currys.

If you want a proper restaurant then try chop chop on morrison street. An authentic chinese that doesn't sell the muck curry's many chinese restaurants do. Check out their website below http://www.chop-chop.co.uk/ - http://www.chop-chop.co.uk/ I highly recommend this place to anyone coming over for a weekend Thumbs%20Up

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:26am

Going to Plug my Sister's Place off South Circular Road.

Only open 6 months, Has had great feedback so far.

%20 - http://www.bibis.ie/
trying something different BossofthemossClap
Hope it goes well for her.
Which end of south circular is it and do i get a discount if I mention your nameTongue?

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:30am
I've eaten in Bibi's.  Isn't it a cafe as opposed to a restaurant?  Really enjoyed it - would recommend it!!!!!

If it's the same place - does some great continental food - great pancakes and French toast....AM I in the wrong place?  Really good lunch food though!

Posted By: Max Power
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Justice No. 1 Justice No. 1 wrote:

Good thread Justice:My faves are<SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">BAR PINTXO -  </SPAN>a tapas bar in Temple Bar which is perfect for a date!

Tapas are excellentClapLES FRERES JACQUES - Dame St - if you like French Cuisine

never been to the above siralex but often looked at the menu $$$$$$$$$Shocked would imagine its nice thoughand...this one sounds a bit cheap - but I'm a Chinese food freak and have eaten in about a hundred Chinese restaurants in Dublin - the best to my taste is LEMONGRASS - At City West.  Delicious spicy chicken salad starter (best dish in Dublin) and stunning hot currys!!!For cheap casual food: I love Cactus Jacks just off Jervis St.
anyone know any good seafood restuarants in town ? I hera there's a great one in howth but its a massive trek for me

There numerous great seafood resteraunts in howth justice. Id say the one you've heard of is the King Sitric, it's where Trap goes when hes here! It's very good alright but it's mental expensive, you'd be looking at over 30 brick for your main course alone. I'd recommend either Deep or Quay West up there instead, just as good and a lot cheaper. f**king love seafood!

-------------
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch

Posted By: soccerc
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:34am

I'm a Chinese food freak and have eaten in about a hundred Chinese restaurants in Dublin - the best to my taste is

LEMONGRASS - At City West.

The original Lemongrass was great but it was more Asian Fusion rather than Chinese.

It's changed hands a few times over past few years, was closed for a while, and generally accepted that the food quality is poor compared to how it once was.

Posted By: GreenGiant82
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:34am
Agree bout Choi Yo. Lovely spot. Jaipur is very good too

-------------
Twitter @ciaranreid1907

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:35am

I've eaten in Bibi's.  Isn't it a cafe as opposed to a restaurant?  Really enjoyed it - would recommend it!!!!!If it's the same place - does some great continental food - great pancakes and French toast....AM I in the wrong place?  Really good lunch food though!

That's the one! You're dead on, more a cafe with great food sort of place.

It's the Portobello end Justice, v close to Camden st.

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:35am

Good thread Justice:My faves are<SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">BAR PINTXO -  </SPAN>a tapas bar in Temple Bar which is perfect for a date!

Tapas are excellentClapLES FRERES JACQUES - Dame St - if you like French Cuisine

never been to the above siralex but often looked at the menu $$$$$$$$$Shocked would imagine its nice thoughand...this one sounds a bit cheap - but I'm a Chinese food freak and have eaten in about a hundred Chinese restaurants in Dublin - the best to my taste is LEMONGRASS - At City West.  Delicious spicy chicken salad starter (best dish in Dublin) and stunning hot currys!!!For cheap casual food: I love Cactus Jacks just off Jervis St.

There numerous great seafood resteraunts in howth justice. Id say the one you've heard of is the King Sitric, it's where Trap goes when hes here! It's very good alright but it's mental expensive, you'd be looking at over 30 brick for your main course alone. I'd recommend either Deep or Quay West up there instead, just as good and a lot cheaper. f**king love seafood!

Did anyone try that fantastic seafood restaurant in Bari. It was down near where you get the ferries. Absolutely amazing food! We were even given a tour of the kitchen Clap

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:36am
Siam Thai - Malahide
Kinara - Clontarf

Both excellent for early bird as it's about €20 notes pp.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:38am

Clap me tooHeart all sound quality out there. Unfortunately no Luas and I don't do buses. Unless you want to offer me a lift and backTongue

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:40am
Originally posted by colemany2k colemany2k wrote:

Did anyone try that fantastic seafood restaurant in Bari. It was down near where you get the ferries. Absolutely amazing food! We were even given a tour of the kitchen Clap

had one slice of Gerks pizza over the two daysEmbarrassed
Regret not checking out some othe restaurants thereCry would say the bari seafood was quality and cheap as well colemany

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:44am

I've eaten in Bibi's.  Isn't it a cafe as opposed to a restaurant?  Really enjoyed it - would recommend it!!!!!If it's the same place - does some great continental food - great pancakes and French toast....AM I in the wrong place?  Really good lunch food though!

That's the one! You're dead on, more a cafe with great food sort of place.

It's the Portobello end Justice, v close to Camden st.
Not too far from where I am in town. Breakfast one morning perhapsClap

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:57am
Oh yes - someone mentioned Jaipur.

Poor customer service I think, but the food is superb.  If you like your Indian stuff hot - get the Lamb Chilli Masalla here and asked em to add extra chillis.   Literally breath-taking!!!!!!

@SoccerC - Yeah - a lot of the Lemongrass chains have a bit of a cheap reputation, but I swear by the one at City West.  Gorgeous little restaurant close to the 10th tee of the Golf Course (back of it is ideal for a date), the service and, even more so, the food, is 10/10!

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 12:03pm
Indians and Chineses are ten a penny I reckon. Everyone has their own personal favourites with them as they are so many.

Anyone ever try this place? Have been meaning to give it a whirl as its different http://www.mongolianbbq.ie/ - http://www.mongolianbbq.ie/

Posted By: soccerc
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 12:15pm

@SoccerC - Yeah - a lot of the Lemongrass chains have a bit of a cheap reputation, but I swear by the one at City West.  Gorgeous little restaurant close to the 10th tee of the Golf Course (back of it is ideal for a date), the service and, even more so, the food, is 10/10!

I was specifically referring to Citywest.

On one of it's transformations the interior was more or less gutted and the ambience suffered, never mind it's based in a building that is soulless and bereft of people.

Service is IMHO, far from 10/10. From that sour puss female Maitre'd to the poor minimum wage or less waiting staff you'd be hard pressed to have every dish as ordered served.

We used to dine there at least once a month from 2002 to 2004 and then from 2005 to last year.

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 12:25pm
That's mental how different customers' experiences are.  My and the ol' fiance are at CityWest Lemongrass all the time - love it.  My fave cheap(ish) restaurant in Dublin.

Getting so hungry reading this thread I'm thinkin ofheading there tonight.  Love the service - which I've always found friendly - even the Chefs, and adore the food. Spicy Chicken Salad starter is my fave dish I've ever had.

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 12:40pm

That's mental how different customers' experiences are.  My and the ol' fiance are at CityWest Lemongrass all the time - love it.  My fave cheap(ish) restaurant in Dublin.

Getting so hungry reading this thread I'm thinkin ofheading there tonight.  Love the service - which I've always found friendly - even the Chefs, and adore the food. Spicy Chicken Salad starter is my fave dish I've ever had.
you should try Chai Yo Siralex. Guarentee you'll love it

Posted By: GreenTribe
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 12:44pm
Baan Thai Heart

-------------
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 12:55pm
Try the Cedar Tree Lebanese restaurant which is close to the International Bar.................the food is not too pricey and if you're not to sure what to have you can have a platter of their best bits! Tasty stuff too! 

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 12:55pm

you should try Chai Yo Siralex. Guarentee you'll love it

Cool - I'll try that recommendation Justice and let ye know how I got on.  Menu looks delicious - just had a quick look on-line!!!! Cheers.

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 1:18pm

Indians and Chineses are ten a penny I reckon. Everyone has their own personal favourites with them as they are so many.

Anyone ever try this place? Have been meaning to give it a whirl as its different http://www.mongolianbbq.ie/ - http://www.mongolianbbq.ie/

I didnt like it - good concept and you'll have a laugh but didnt like the food.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: Percy
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 1:59pm
the speaker connolly.. lovely grubSmile

-------------
MERRY CHRISTMAS

@IrishPercy

Posted By: AndyMc
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 2:21pm

Nandos.

Location ? Indian

-------------
Simon: No-one brings a bag of sh*t to a pub

Jay: Your dad does

Simon: Does he?

Jay: Yeah, your mum

Posted By: Trapped
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 3:46pm
Zaytoons Thumbs%20Up

-------------
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 3:58pm
McDonagh's Fish and Chips
Da Roberto's
Scotty's

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 8:46am
Originally posted by trapped trapped wrote:

Zaytoons Thumbs%20Up
get out of my threadAngry

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 8:49am
Only seein this now. What restaurants would you ever be in Justice? Confused

There's a Kylemore on Talbot Street Thumbs%20Up

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 8:56am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Only seein this now. What restaurants would you ever be in Justice? Confused Plenty if you read the f**king thread you absolute thick !

There's a Kylemore on Talbot Street Thumbs%20Up
ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedno class

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 9:05am
I was recommending the Kylemore for you ye thick

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 9:13am
McG's personal faves (off top of my head) -

Casa Pasta in Howth - Great spot for some casual grub. Buffalo wings are top notch and their duck pizza is quality

Alcapulco on Georges Street - If ye like Mexican it's the only place to eat. Enchiladas and fajitas are second to none and their frozen margaritas blow the head off ye

Yamamori. There's two in town. - Wasabi, say no more Thumbs%20Up

Fire on Dawson Street - Pricey and up market joint but great steaks and fantastic service.

Cruzzos in Malahide - overlookin the marina and a great place to bring the burd. I go for their pepper sauce alone.

The Oar House, Howth - if ye like your fish give it a shot. Buffalo prawns Heart

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 9:19am
duck pizza sounds good

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 9:28am

McG's personal faves (off top of my head) -

Casa Pasta in Howth - Great spot for some casual grub. Buffalo wings are top notch and their duck pizza is quality

Alcapulco on Georges Street - If ye like Mexican it's the only place to eat. Enchiladas and fajitas are second to none and their frozen margaritas blow the head off ye. Been twice its nice but had to get a glass of milk 2nd time as my mouth was on fire

Yamamori. There's two in town. - Wasabi, say no more Thumbs%20Up

Fire on Dawson Street - Pricey and up market joint but great steaks and fantastic service. Have contemplated here myself. U reccomend it yeh?

Cruzzos in Malahide - overlookin the marina and a great place to bring the burd. I go for their pepper sauce alone.

The Oar House, Howth - if ye like your fish give it a shot. Buffalo prawns Heart

Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 2:03pm

not a fan of the mongolian bbq - have had much better grub elsewhere.

my faves are motnys of kathmandu, & fxb's for steak

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 2:05pm
had christmas lunch at fire last week and the food was excellent. wines were pricey but food was great.

lamb skewers to start followed a nice sirloin

-------------

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 1:10am
Originally posted by GreenTribe GreenTribe wrote:

Baan Thai Heart

Yep I will go with that also Thumbs%20Up

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 5:27am
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

they hhave a restauramt as well as a butchers?

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 5:36am

yep,used to one across from the pembroke bar,just off baggot st

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 5:39am
Bon appetite in malahide.. Michelin starred, great value, good service. Good offers too.

Highly recommend it

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 6:10am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

yep,used to one across from the pembroke bar,just off baggot st
Must check this outClap

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 12:42pm
fxb's have a place on pembroke street, and crowe street in temple bar. also do the grub in ryans on parkgate street and the bull and castle too

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 8:31am

Mexican place called Pablo Picante in town ( two actually one on baggot st and one on Clarendon Mrkt between clarendon row and south william st). Have been going a lot to this place for lunch. does savage proper style burritos. Chicken/steak/beef/mince/pork with rice,beans,salsa,etc. Very filling and good value.

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 8:54am

Mexican place called Pablo Picante in town ( two actually one on baggot st and one on Clarendon Mrkt between clarendon row and south william st). Have been going a lot to this place for lunch. does savage proper style burritos. Chicken/steak/beef/mince/pork with rice,beans,salsa,etc. Very filling and good value.

Best burrito in town I think. Put burritos and blues to shame.

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 1:16pm
Mongolian BBQ. Anyone been?

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 1:21pm

Mongolian BBQ. Anyone been?

I've been there, it's a bit of buzz but really didnt like the food.
No matter what you got it tasted the same - it's all spices  powder.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 1:25pm
Cheers Horsebox. Might head back to Acapulco. Been a while since ive had a frozen margarita Big smile

Any restaurants doing weekend deals??

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 1:40pm
milanos doing two for one at the minute

http://www.milanooffers.ie - www.milanooffers.ie

not flash but pizzas are very good

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 2:00pm
Ah tom milanos should be in the Rip Off Ireland thread!
Been twice once in fundrum where it took them 20 mins to take order for very average over priced food
No wonder they are doing two for ones
Mcg , mogolian place does a good lunch deal for a fiver but would agree with horseboxes comments

Posted By: Billy O'Toole
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 2:47pm
Town Bar & Grill on Kildare Street

Extremely tasty Thumbs Up quality food & good atmosphere

Also Brasserie 66 on Georges Street - good food good price too

-------------
Ybig holy jaysus - 4 points for Gerk & Count

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 5:32am
mick wallace has a cracking traditional italian restaurant just over the millenium padestrian bridge on the northside,always full of Ities anytime ive been in
proper italian grub

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 5:45am

Ah tom milanos should be in the Rip Off Ireland thread!
Been twice once in fundrum where it took them 20 mins to take order for very average over priced food
No wonder they are doing two for ones
Mcg , mogolian place does a good lunch deal for a fiver but would agree with horseboxes comments

agree wouldnt pay full price for milanos - hence the two for one vouchers

i like cafe topolis on parliament street for pizza/pasta, balf.airy introduced me to that place and a proper wood burning oven for pizzas

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 5:48am
Originally posted by Billy O'Toole Billy O'Toole wrote:

Jaysus Billy, its fairly feckin pricey there. Quality fillet steak though.

Off to La Sirena this eve for some Mexican Clap

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 5:48am
tom-wallaces place does a great Italian pizza,cheap aswel
also a fine bruschetta

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 5:49am

Originally posted by Billy O'Toole Billy O'Toole wrote:

Jaysus Billy, its fairly feckin pricey there. Quality fillet steak though.

Off to La Sirena this eve for some Mexican Clap
great grub TownB+G only for special occassions tho,went there for me 1st wedding anniversaryStar

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 5:51am
How many anniversaries have there been now BSM?

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 6:03am

will be 4years next monthHeart

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 6:12am
if you're looking to push the boat out la mere zou on stephens green is the business - been a few times and the grub is top notch

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 6:13am

Year Traditional ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S. - U.S. ) Traditional ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK - UK ) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedding_anniversary#cite_note-10 - [11] Modern (U.S.)
1st http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper - Paper http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clock - Clock
2nd http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cotton - Cotton http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porcelain - China
3rd http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leather - Leather http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead_crystal - Crystal , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass - glass
4th http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linen - Linen , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silk - silk http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruit - Fruit and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flowers - flowers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_appliances - Appliances (electrical)
5th http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wood - Wood http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/silverware - Silverware

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 6:13am

tom-wallaces place does a great Italian pizza,cheap aswel
also a fine bruschetta
must give it a try sometime

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 6:16am

Year Traditional ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S. - - UK ) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedding_anniversary#cite_note-10 - - [11] Modern (U.S.)
1st http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper - - Clock
2nd http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cotton - - China
3rd http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leather - - Crystal , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass - th http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linen - - silk http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruit - - flowers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_appliances - th http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wood - - Silverware
a bunch of grapes this year soClap

-------------

Posted By: joejoe
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 7:21am
Leo Burdocks

Posted By: superdfc
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 1:50pm

The jade garden yumm.....anybody ever down  mullabawn way there is a chinese there f**king scrumches

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 2:10pm
Yeah Tom mick wallaces spot it's quality and the head waiter is a gas man. Always throwing a free digestive at me when I head in.

Like the port house on south William
St.

The good bits on store street is quality for lunch. Does tapas too.

Eden us quality if you wanna push the boat out.

Papaya on Ely place was great hopefully kevin
In there finds a new spot to trade from

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2011 at 1:59am
used to go to papaya loads at lunch, very good value - pity it closed down

-------------

Posted By: Jerryfromkerry
Date Posted: 26 Jun 2011 at 4:03am
The port house

-------------
No man has the right to fix the boundary to the march of a nation. No man has the right to say to his country “thus far shalt thou go and no further"

Posted By: Jerryfromkerry
Date Posted: 26 Jun 2011 at 4:06am
Is my favourite out in dundrum last night and mral for two only cost thirty five yoyo

-------------
No man has the right to fix the boundary to the march of a nation. No man has the right to say to his country “thus far shalt thou go and no further"

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 2:52pm
Bump

Hitting Ranelaigh tonight
Might try the Butchers Grill

Ps...Can we limit the restaurants to southside
Who in their right mind would bring a queen out to the northsideConfused

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 2:55pm
Ger  Saint Tom told me you should try this place out, meant to be nice.

http://www.the51bar.com/" rel="nofollow - http://www.the51bar.com/

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

LOL

Too many people banging up in there!

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Bump

you got a date? for the love of jaysis shave a v in the chest hair if your wearin a shirt

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by magnumpi magnumpi wrote:

Luigi malones???? Are you serious? Might be good for food but the last time I was in there the maitre d was a ****. Hadnt a table booked so rudely he told us to wait. So we did. Ten minutes later he starts clicking his fingers at us that a table was ready and that we should feel privileged. So I told him to ram his table and his clickety fingers up his hole. Went to tin tins instead.

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Clap

ger, had a meal in antica venezia in ranelagh two weeks back - fabulous grub. great mussels to start

http://www.anticavenezia.ie/" rel="nofollow - http://www.anticavenezia.ie/  

-------------

Posted By: St.Pauli Reloaded 2
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Bump

Im sure youd get lost over the real side of the CityThumbs Up Enjoy Wink

-------------
In Martin and Roy we Trust !

Posted By: HateHenry
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 8:08pm
Ciao Bella Roma ,Parliament street ...best pizza,veal saltimbucco,in Dublin  also open till 3 at weekends and same pizza as evening menu cooked fresh 8 yo yo! its like a manhole cover, bargain of the century.

-------------
Polska Bialo Czerwoni

Date Posted: 08 Jul 2012 at 2:18pm
Bump

Looking for somewhere in North Dublin for lunch today

Any tips ?

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jul 2012 at 3:28pm
Mick Wallaces Italian near Croke Pk

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jul 2012 at 9:54pm

http://www.wallacewinebars.ie/asti.html

This fella ?

-------------

Posted By: gregpent
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 7:14pm
butchers grill is class.

777 on georges st and san lorenzos on georges st also good.

rigbys on leeson st, paulies pizza near bath avenue and juniors deli there too both v good.

kinara kitchen great indian in ranelagh.

seagrass in portobello.

the list goes on.....

mate from the northside says the best restaurant is wan's garden. that says it all about northsiders when it comes to taste LOL

-------------
IrelandAway.com

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 7:16pm
Heard there's a great new Italian down on Grand canal St

-------------

Posted By: St.Pauli Reloaded 2
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 8:44pm
New restaraunt opening in the Oarsman Ringsend Thumbs Up

-------------
In Martin and Roy we Trust !

Posted By: brianie
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by St.Pauli Reloaded 2 St.Pauli Reloaded 2 wrote:

Opening Night Specials for YBIGERSThumbs Up??????

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by St.Pauli Reloaded 2 St.Pauli Reloaded 2 wrote:

not a bad boozer that place, mate has an apartment nearby.

had a smashing meal in the port house on south william street about 8 weeks ago, great wines too

-------------

Posted By: Gavintheslob
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 9:34pm
Bradys in Shankill does some lovely food, also the ashford house is unreal

-------------
Its very frustrating being a Slob

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 12:35pm
Lads and lassies there's a really good Greek restaurant called Corfu on Parliament Street and is only open about a year. They have all the Greek style dishes but they do a 3 course meal for €20 and you can get it on a Friday or Saturday night as well.

It's brilliant value and they do the best home made chips i've ever tasted in a restaurant along with excellent chicken pieces on a skewer.

I was a bit dubious about the quality of the food when I saw the price but it has to be the best value in town because the food is actually quality which can't be said about most eateries in town.

Get in there some night before the place gets popular!

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Posted By: HateHenry
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 1:00am
^^^^ this is a nice spot, Ciao Bella Roma accross the road is best Italian, and of coarse The Oarsman in Ringsend is currently my personal fav ! Come on down and be pleasantly surprised  Wink

-------------
Polska Bialo Czerwoni

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 1:28am
Supermacs do a grand burger. I would recommend them.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 2:15am
Was in "La Cave" recently enough. €28.50 (four course) set menu with no time restrictions for good French food.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=La+Cave+Wine-Bar+and+Restaurant,+Anne+Street+South,+Ireland&hl=en&ll=53.340694,-6.259106&spn=0.003427,0.010568&sll=53.341093,-6.259748&layer=c&cid=5112896990408448610&cbp=13,241.19,,0,9.12&panoid=OjAQ75sb7YuhQ-VgM2Ftnw&hq=La+Cave+Wine-Bar+and+Restaurant,+Anne+Street+South,+Ireland&t=h&z=17&cbll=53.341128,-6.259689" rel="nofollow - http://maps.google.com/maps?q=La+Cave+Wine-Bar+and+Restaurant,+Anne+Street+South,+Ireland&hl=en&ll=53.340694,-6.259106&spn=0.003427,0.010568&sll=53.341093,-6.259748&layer=c&cid=5112896990408448610&cbp=13,241.19,,0,9.12&panoid=OjAQ75sb7YuhQ-VgM2Ftnw&hq=La+Cave+Wine-Bar+and+Restaurant,+Anne+Street+South,+Ireland&t=h&z=17&cbll=53.341128,-6.259689

http://www.lacavewinebar.com/LaCave_Menus.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.lacavewinebar.com/LaCave_Menus.html

Top notch frog nosh. Decent wine list if you know your stuff (I don't have a breeze) but for a table of four with two bottles of wine the bill was about €45 each, including a reasonable tip, which is fair enough.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net