You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Restaurants Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 53>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregpent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 7:14pm
butchers grill is class.

777 on georges st and san lorenzos on georges st also good.

rigbys on leeson st, paulies pizza near bath avenue and juniors deli there too both v good.

kinara kitchen great indian in ranelagh.

seagrass in portobello.

the list goes on.....

mate from the northside says the best restaurant is wan's garden. that says it all about northsiders when it comes to taste LOL
IrelandAway.com
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 7:16pm
Heard there's a great new Italian down on Grand canal St
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
St.Pauli Reloaded 2 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote St.Pauli Reloaded 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 8:44pm
New restaraunt opening in the Oarsman Ringsend Thumbs Up
In Martin and Roy we Trust !
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by St.Pauli Reloaded 2 St.Pauli Reloaded 2 wrote:

Opening Night Specials for YBIGERSThumbs Up??????
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by St.Pauli Reloaded 2 St.Pauli Reloaded 2 wrote:

not a bad boozer that place, mate has an apartment nearby.

had a smashing meal in the port house on south william street about 8 weeks ago, great wines too
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 9:34pm
Bradys in Shankill does some lovely food, also the ashford house is unreal
Its very frustrating being a Slob
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 12:35pm
Lads and lassies there's a really good Greek restaurant called Corfu on Parliament Street and is only open about a year. They have all the Greek style dishes but they do a 3 course meal for €20 and you can get it on a Friday or Saturday night as well.

It's brilliant value and they do the best home made chips i've ever tasted in a restaurant along with excellent chicken pieces on a skewer.

I was a bit dubious about the quality of the food when I saw the price but it has to be the best value in town because the food is actually quality which can't be said about most eateries in town.

Get in there some night before the place gets popular!

I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
HateHenry View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Crap at lists & YBIG KK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HateHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 1:00am
^^^^ this is a nice spot, Ciao Bella Roma accross the road is best Italian, and of coarse The Oarsman in Ringsend is currently my personal fav ! Come on down and be pleasantly surprised  Wink
Polska Bialo Czerwoni
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 1:28am
Supermacs do a grand burger. I would recommend them.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 2:15am
Was in "La Cave" recently enough. €28.50 (four course) set menu with no time restrictions for good French food.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=La+Cave+Wine-Bar+and+Restaurant,+Anne+Street+South,+Ireland&hl=en&ll=53.340694,-6.259106&spn=0.003427,0.010568&sll=53.341093,-6.259748&layer=c&cid=5112896990408448610&cbp=13,241.19,,0,9.12&panoid=OjAQ75sb7YuhQ-VgM2Ftnw&hq=La+Cave+Wine-Bar+and+Restaurant,+Anne+Street+South,+Ireland&t=h&z=17&cbll=53.341128,-6.259689

http://www.lacavewinebar.com/LaCave_Menus.html

Top notch frog nosh. Decent wine list if you know your stuff (I don't have a breeze) but for a table of four with two bottles of wine the bill was about €45 each, including a reasonable tip, which is fair enough.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 09 Nov 2012 at 2:19am
Curiousdub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curiousdub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 2:22am
Jo'Burger, Castle Market Dublin 2 do amazing burgers. Huge things.

Real Casual place.

Anybody been?
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Curiousdub Curiousdub wrote:

Real Casual place.

Anybody been?

Good spot....once got a burger with banana on it though which was a very suspect choice!
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

McG's personal faves (off top of my head) -

Casa Pasta in Howth - Great spot for some casual grub. Buffalo wings are top notch and their duck pizza is quality

Alcapulco on Georges Street - If ye like Mexican it's the only place to eat. Enchiladas and fajitas are second to none and their frozen margaritas blow the head off ye

Yamamori. There's two in town. - Wasabi, say no more Thumbs%20Up

Fire on Dawson Street - Pricey and up market joint but great steaks and fantastic service.

Cruzzos in Malahide - overlookin the marina and a great place to bring the burd. I go for their pepper sauce alone.

The Oar House, Howth - if ye like your fish give it a shot. Buffalo prawns Heart

Cruzzo's was closed last year, went out of business so I hear. Strange though, always seemed to do well. It was very expensive though I thought.
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 5:30pm

this offer is going on grabone.ie

Buffalo 19

€10 for 2 Burgers, 2 Regular Fries & 2 Soft Drinks or Milkshakes from Buffalo 19 (value up to €21.50)

Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Curiousdub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curiousdub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by Curiousdub Curiousdub wrote:

Real Casual place.

Anybody been?

Good spot....once got a burger with banana on it though which was a very suspect choice!

Brave man, i play it safe with the egg and bacon on mine.

Really nice homemade sauces, relish, curry etc.

And the double rum with lemonade to wash it down.

f**k it, im going tomorrow Cool
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 6:24pm
Anyone eat in Cortini in Dundrum TC??
I hear they do Ghost Wings
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 6:48pm
was in fxb's in crow street last night, smashing steak Thumbs Up
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Rostrevor Fan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rostrevor Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 7:29pm
The louth boys would know more than me used to love fitzpatricks in carlingford but was treated very badly one night in it and returned steak which was smothered in honey and had asked for plain one didnt take steaks off bill yet all we had was starters and had booked a return taxi - wrote to the manager never got the courtesy of a response - meal was 70 euro exc drinks ( taxi £70 stg return from across the shuck )  never be back - monasterboice a good spot but the best steak i ever had was years ago at the golf club in Termonfeckin Thumbs Up 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 53>
  Share Topic