You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Restaurants Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 53>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 10:12am
Pit Bros do it also
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 12:35am
Can’t see this thread being too busy in the later part of this year and next year and the cost of living thread becoming busier and busier.  

Only the privileged few will be able to head to restaurants.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 12:48am
Price of food has already sky rocketed in most places, pub grub included. €30 + for two fish and chips being one example. If more casual places/take aways play their cards right then they can cash in somewhat. Had a kebab earlier before the match in Tallaght in a place called Perios. €10 for a serious sized kebab, sit in too. 

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 8:07am
Take aways are gone up too. My staple in the indian was always 14 euro and they would give you a free poppadom. 
Noticed the last few times they have done away with the free poppadom and theb last night it had gone up to 15.50. 
Only 1.50 extra so wouldn't stop me going but it's just the accumulation of this increases across the board that are annoying. 

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 8:46am
Huge amount of these takeaways/small restaurants/ coffee shops/ bars will shut come winter time, no way they’ll be able to afford the energy bills being forecast. 

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 9:09am
Some cafe in Athlone I think got an electric bill of over 9k!

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 9:46am
There's already been a good few closures around Belfast. I also know of a couple of shops and food spots back home in Donegal that have shut their doors after being open 50+ years. 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 10:05am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Price of food has already sky rocketed in most places, pub grub included. €30 + for two fish and chips being one example. If more casual places/take aways play their cards right then they can cash in somewhat. Had a kebab earlier before the match in Tallaght in a place called Perios. €10 for a serious sized kebab, sit in too. 

Baxtos kebab at the Square next time. Trust me
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 10:12am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Have walked past it a few times but haven’t given it a go yet. Must make it my business this weekend 
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 12:41pm
Think during lockdowns take aways were upping their prices. Was nearly as much as getting a take away then going out for a meal.

Was going to get Zaytoon last week and it was nearly €19 for a meal. Was never that price after a night out.
The dark side.. And the light
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Thumbs Up
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 12:53pm
Went to dentist yesterday for check up and clean. All finished up and the dentist says rinse your mouth out and pointed at the little cup on the tray off to my left. Took a mouthful and as I swirled it in the gob, the horror was real as I realised it was only water and not the dental mouthwash you used to get in years gone byThumbs Down
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 1:53pm

Went for a Carvery on Sunday there with the family, hadn't been for one since this time last year. €20 up from €13 and they were complete scabs with the portions. €12 for a kids half portion that they tend to eat f**k all of anyway. Deserts were €6 or €7. Think softs drinks were €3.50. Cost the the gits of €150 for a fairly bog standard meal! Never again.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 2:15pm
Yeah carverys have increased a lot too and as you mention desserts. In some places now, a dessert costs almost as much as their mains did pre covid.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 2:20pm
What's the story nowadays with restaurants. There used to be a sit down price and a cheaper take away price. Doesn't seem to be the case anymore.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 2:38pm
Just out of the fishmonger and scallops went up from 36e per kg to 45e.

Some restaurants were charging full prices for take away meals. The absolute gall of them.

Looking at the menu's in some of these places, a casual 18e for a starter! 

15e for a gin and tonic in a fancy glass. 

Rim me.

Edited by horsebox - 02 Sep 2022 at 2:39pm
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 4:08pm
Menu in the manhattan has shot up too. Fock sakes. Can't go for a few scoops and a small bite for less than 80 schnots.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 4:30pm
Higher prices and smaller portions. They also reduced their menu as well. I'd have also got the scampi and chips. But it's gone. 

The price of some of the craft beers is outrageous too.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 53>
  Share Topic