You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Restaurants Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 53>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Anyone ever been to a michelin star restaurant? Going to one next week, not in Ireland. 

I have a feeling that afterwards I'll be thinking that I would have preferred a burger and chips LOL

I had the most memorable dining experience of my life at a 2 Michelin Star restaurant. It was a wedding present, tasting menu with the paired wines, as SD mentioned. The eight course was chocolate.

Generally you’ll leave adequately full from Michelin star restaurants but totally agree with SD’s post. I suspect you’ll enjoy it a lot.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Bunsen is still the best burger in Dublin. Nicer than Five Guys and Wowburger (ignore vidic if he comes on here and says it is better - he's in the minority).

You don't go to Wowburger for the burger. All about the garlic butter chips
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Anyone ever been to a michelin star restaurant? Going to one next week, not in Ireland. 

I have a feeling that afterwards I'll be thinking that I would have preferred a burger and chips LOL

Aye, I've been to about half a dozen. You will get enough to eat, don't worry about that. The menu very likely changes daily or weekly so the menu online probably isn't that useful, although it may well have a signature dish that is on the menu more or less permanently.

Make sure you know what sort of price you are looking at before you get there, because they are expensive. Pretty much every michelin star restaurant has its own website so have a look at it. If you're heading early enough, a lot of michelin star restaurants have reasonably enough priced pre-theatre menus that still give you an excellent standard of food. If you're going later and going for the tasting menu, most places have a rule that everyone at the table has to have the tasting menu; it's to stop people showing up and one person ordering the tasting menu and the other taking just a starter from the a la carte, then both of them sharing the tasting menu. It's a di*k move but you can see why they do it.

Their margins are, oddly, usually lower in percentage terms than lower standard restaurants. The number of staff is nuts and you only really see front of house; in the kitchen, they have far more chefs as well. But they make money on the wine... most tasting menus will have wine pairings at stupid prices. If you go for that, you'll end up drunk and broke.

I have had a look online at their sample menu, we are going for lunch which I believe is a bit cheaper but still very expensive. More for the experience than anything else. Definitely wont be getting wine, they have a dress code and everything LOL, looking forward to it. 
Patman Scoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 4:55pm
Bunsen does nothing for me, I'd prefer a rockets (not Eddie's) bacon cheeseburger over it.

Spent a night in macnean House in cavan,  Nevin Maguires place.. Meal was outstanding, 7 course tasting menu and I was stuffed after it, highly recommended. 
Why no wine??!
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 8:54am
Bunsen is the king of burgers fo sho, though I haven't had one in a few years!
Gigibongi33 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gigibongi33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 2:33pm
Would have said Bunsen was the best burger place until I tried  BuJo in Sandymount Green..  it's unreal 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Gigibongi33 Gigibongi33 wrote:

Would have said Bunsen was the best burger place until I tried  BuJo in Sandymount Green..  it's unreal 
had a breakfast burger/bap yoke in there before. Was focking quality Clap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 4:56pm
f**k the lot of you - I need to go to the gym and have a healthy dinner and all I can think about is burgers!
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 9:36pm
Just back in from Five Guys - Thanks everyone!!!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 8:07am
What you reckon?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 8:17am
Have had Five Guys a good few times before. Always very good. Comparable to Wowburger. 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 8:34am
Thought Five Guys was great the first time I visited. I've been to Five guys twice since then and it has got margianlly worse each time. I think Wowburger is superior. I never been to Bunsen. I'll have to try it next time I'm in the City Centre. 
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 8:47am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Have had Five Guys a good few times before. Always very good. Comparable to Wowburger. 

This modern ireland that we have created is great that people can be open about such things.  

Wink

Edited by Baldrick - 13 Feb 2020 at 8:47am
AKA pedantic kunt
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 8:49am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

This modern ireland that we have created is great that people can be open about such things.  

Wink
LOL
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 8:55am

Wink

LOLLOL
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 9:28am
Surprised Bobo's hasnt been mentioned, prefer it to Bunsen and Five Guys.  If i was going out for a meal I'd always choose Bobo's. Find Bunsen and Five Guys are more takeaway style ( extremely good quality in fairness, but id pick up a five guys for a quick bite before the cinema in Dundrum) 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 10:05am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Wink
LOL
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 10:06am
Originally posted by foggy.nelson foggy.nelson wrote:

Surprised Bobo's hasnt been mentioned, prefer it to Bunsen and Five Guys.  If i was going out for a meal I'd always choose Bobo's. Find Bunsen and Five Guys are more takeaway style ( extremely good quality in fairness, but id pick up a five guys for a quick bite before the cinema in Dundrum) 

Crap
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 53>
  Share Topic