You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Restaurants Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 53>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Was in Zaytoon at Pavilions earlier. Was nice but just not a patch on the two in town. 

You probably didn't have a skhelp of pints in you?
no i didn’t but even so..ive had them in town sober and swords just aint the same 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 3:10pm

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Was in Zaytoon at Pavilions earlier. Was nice but just not a patch on the two in town. 
The one on Camden St uses processed lamb sh*te. Wouldn’t go near it. Passion 4 food about 10 shops down from it isClap
Easily the best kebab in the country 
I go for the chicken...delish
Either way it’s no where near the levels of Passion!
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 3:18pm
I’ll take your review on board and sample it next time.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 4:08pm

I’ll take your review on board and sample it next time.
tagged you on FBBig smile
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 8:28pm
Was in that 5 guys yesterday - that is one tasty burger - very expensive though.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 8:48pm
Bunsen is still the best burger in Dublin. Nicer than Five Guys and Wowburger (ignore vidic if he comes on here and says it is better - he's in the minority).
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Bunsen is still the best burger in Dublin. Nicer than Five Guys and Wowburger (ignore vidic if he comes on here and says it is better - he's in the minority).
Are Bunsen a local one to Dublin? The name would put me off! Five Guys are great, as are Honest Burger.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 9:36pm

+1
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Are Bunsen a local one to Dublin? The name would put me off! Five Guys are great, as are Honest Burger.

Started in Dublin, yeah. I think they have places in Belfast and Barcelona, oddly enough, but they aren't franchises, afaik.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 9:58pm

Wowburger over Bunsen for me. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Wowburger over Bunsen for me. 
Wowburger is very good imo
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 9:33am

The Burger in FX Buckley is still the best in Dublin. 
El Puto Amo
cullenswood View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cullenswood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 9:34am
What's the best burger place in Belfast anyone?   Preferably a family friendly one.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 10:15am
Have you come across non friendly burgers bars?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 10:17am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Have you come across non friendly burgers bars?
Quite a few at two in the morning.
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 10:49am
Anyone ever been to a michelin star restaurant? Going to one next week, not in Ireland. 

I have a feeling that afterwards I'll be thinking that I would have preferred a burger and chips LOL
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Anyone ever been to a michelin star restaurant? Going to one next week, not in Ireland. 

I have a feeling that afterwards I'll be thinking that I would have preferred a burger and chips LOL
Went to the one in Adare recently (wedding gift). Some bizarre stuff there. You're not gonna get a huge plate of food at any stage but all the courses get ya filled eventually.

Most michelin star spots are tasting menus. If you've had one of those you'll know what to expect

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Aye, I've been to about half a dozen. You will get enough to eat, don't worry about that. The menu very likely changes daily or weekly so the menu online probably isn't that useful, although it may well have a signature dish that is on the menu more or less permanently.

Make sure you know what sort of price you are looking at before you get there, because they are expensive. Pretty much every michelin star restaurant has its own website so have a look at it. If you're heading early enough, a lot of michelin star restaurants have reasonably enough priced pre-theatre menus that still give you an excellent standard of food. If you're going later and going for the tasting menu, most places have a rule that everyone at the table has to have the tasting menu; it's to stop people showing up and one person ordering the tasting menu and the other taking just a starter from the a la carte, then both of them sharing the tasting menu. It's a di*k move but you can see why they do it.

Their margins are, oddly, usually lower in percentage terms than lower standard restaurants. The number of staff is nuts and you only really see front of house; in the kitchen, they have far more chefs as well. But they make money on the wine... most tasting menus will have wine pairings at stupid prices. If you go for that, you'll end up drunk and broke.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 53>
  Share Topic