You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Restaurants Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 9:13am
McG's personal faves (off top of my head) -

Casa Pasta in Howth - Great spot for some casual grub. Buffalo wings are top notch and their duck pizza is quality

Alcapulco on Georges Street - If ye like Mexican it's the only place to eat. Enchiladas and fajitas are second to none and their frozen margaritas blow the head off ye

Yamamori. There's two in town. - Wasabi, say no more Thumbs%20Up

Fire on Dawson Street - Pricey and up market joint but great steaks and fantastic service.

Cruzzos in Malahide - overlookin the marina and a great place to bring the burd. I go for their pepper sauce alone.

The Oar House, Howth - if ye like your fish give it a shot. Buffalo prawns Heart

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 9:05am
I was recommending the Kylemore for you ye thick
AS YOU WERE McGx

Justice No. 1 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice No. 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 8:56am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Only seein this now. What restaurants would you ever be in Justice? Confused Plenty if you read the f**king thread you absolute thick !

There's a Kylemore on Talbot Street Thumbs%20Up
ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedno class
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 8:49am
Only seein this now. What restaurants would you ever be in Justice? Confused

There's a Kylemore on Talbot Street Thumbs%20Up
AS YOU WERE McGx

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice No. 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 8:46am
Originally posted by trapped trapped wrote:

Zaytoons Thumbs%20Up
get out of my threadAngry
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 3:58pm
McDonagh's Fish and Chips
Da Roberto's
Scotty's

Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 3:46pm
Zaytoons Thumbs%20Up
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
AndyMc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyMc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

Nandos.

Also there's an Asian cuisine in Malahide called Kajaal, think it's just been Michelin starred, absolute quality and not that expensive either. 3 course early bird for 18.50. If your into your Indian Japanese or Pakistani food you gotta check it out.

Location ? Indian
Simon: No-one brings a bag of sh*t to a pub

Jay: Your dad does

Simon: Does he?

Jay: Yeah, your mum

Percy View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Percy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 1:59pm
the speaker connolly.. lovely grubSmile
MERRY CHRISTMAS

@IrishPercy
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Justice No. 1 Justice No. 1 wrote:

Indians and Chineses are ten a penny I reckon. Everyone has their own personal favourites with them as they are so many.

Anyone ever try this place? Have been meaning to give it a whirl as its different http://www.mongolianbbq.ie/

I didnt like it - good concept and you'll have a laugh but didnt like the food.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Justice No. 1 Justice No. 1 wrote:

Originally posted by Siralex Siralex wrote:

That's mental how different customers' experiences are.  My and the ol' fiance are at CityWest Lemongrass all the time - love it.  My fave cheap(ish) restaurant in Dublin.

Getting so hungry reading this thread I'm thinkin ofheading there tonight.  Love the service - which I've always found friendly - even the Chefs, and adore the food. Spicy Chicken Salad starter is my fave dish I've ever had.
you should try Chai Yo Siralex. Guarentee you'll love it

Cool - I'll try that recommendation Justice and let ye know how I got on.  Menu looks delicious - just had a quick look on-line!!!! Cheers.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 12:55pm
Try the Cedar Tree Lebanese restaurant which is close to the International Bar.................the food is not too pricey and if you're not to sure what to have you can have a platter of their best bits! Tasty stuff too! 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
GreenTribe View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Please Count, can I be a Mod?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenTribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 12:44pm
Baan Thai Heart
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice No. 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 12:40pm

That's mental how different customers' experiences are.  My and the ol' fiance are at CityWest Lemongrass all the time - love it.  My fave cheap(ish) restaurant in Dublin.

Getting so hungry reading this thread I'm thinkin ofheading there tonight.  Love the service - which I've always found friendly - even the Chefs, and adore the food. Spicy Chicken Salad starter is my fave dish I've ever had.
you should try Chai Yo Siralex. Guarentee you'll love it
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 12:25pm

soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 12:15pm

@SoccerC - Yeah - a lot of the Lemongrass chains have a bit of a cheap reputation, but I swear by the one at City West.  Gorgeous little restaurant close to the 10th tee of the Golf Course (back of it is ideal for a date), the service and, even more so, the food, is 10/10!

I was specifically referring to Citywest.

On one of it's transformations the interior was more or less gutted and the ambience suffered, never mind it's based in a building that is soulless and bereft of people.

Service is IMHO, far from 10/10. From that sour puss female Maitre'd to the poor minimum wage or less waiting staff you'd be hard pressed to have every dish as ordered served.

We used to dine there at least once a month from 2002 to 2004 and then from 2005 to last year.

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice No. 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 12:03pm
Indians and Chineses are ten a penny I reckon. Everyone has their own personal favourites with them as they are so many.

Anyone ever try this place? Have been meaning to give it a whirl as its different http://www.mongolianbbq.ie/
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:57am
Oh yes - someone mentioned Jaipur.

Poor customer service I think, but the food is superb.  If you like your Indian stuff hot - get the Lamb Chilli Masalla here and asked em to add extra chillis.   Literally breath-taking!!!!!!

@SoccerC - Yeah - a lot of the Lemongrass chains have a bit of a cheap reputation, but I swear by the one at City West.  Gorgeous little restaurant close to the 10th tee of the Golf Course (back of it is ideal for a date), the service and, even more so, the food, is 10/10!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253>
  Share Topic