You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Restaurants Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 53>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 12:22am
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Anyone ever go to Michael's or Big Mikes in Dublin? Follow the chef owner on twitter and the grub always looks lovely so looking for an honest opinion. 

Unreal. Highly recommend it. 
AKA pedantic kunt
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 12:17am
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Anyone ever go to Michael's or Big Mikes in Dublin? Follow the chef owner on twitter and the grub always looks lovely so looking for an honest opinion. 

Delicious, fish platter, chips and a bottle of Riesling and you're sorted. 
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2023 at 11:38pm
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2023 at 9:32am
Let us know on Sunday how that went.
Think I never get out either, but when you try something different it's not worth the hassle.

Have seen kids in Lemon & Duke, if that's the sort of place you're thinking.
The dark side.. And the light
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2023 at 8:18pm
Can anybody recommend a lunch/brunch place in D2 area for Saturday with a toddler in tow?

Havent been into town in well over a year. Cheers
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2023 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Restaurants now appear to be to enforce a 2/3 course. I've seen this in a few places.

Uno Mass has the following - 
We serve our á la carte menu at both lunch and dinner. For dinner, there is a minimum order of three dishes per person, including a main course. Our menu changes a little each day.

Feck that - that’s tipping the piss 

Plenty of menus nothing takes your fancy on a starter / dessert 

If someone said i would have to eat 3 dishes i would get up and walk out . I recall the times of the Celtic Tiger when places charged for veg , i never went back to those places .

Reminds me of the night of Robbie Bradys goal in Lille and you had to leave the hotel while everyone else was having a great laugh knocking back drinks as yours was the only room that got bed bugs or something.   To this day I still think the strange package the  Scientist brought from Australia and dumped in your room was behind it 😀😀😀😀

OK Baldie they were flying cockroaches huge things and we were had the only room which had 100s of them , i recall Mick had to get a spray to kiil a few of them in his room also , ask him on that one . 

Yeah the clown let a few of them out in his own room before he dumped 100s of them into yours.  😀😀😀

When pranks go wrong.  😀😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2023 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Restaurants now appear to be to enforce a 2/3 course. I've seen this in a few places.

We serve our á la carte menu at both lunch and dinner. For dinner, there is a minimum order of three dishes per person, including a main course. Our menu changes a little each day.

If someone said i would have to eat 3 dishes i would get up and walk out . I recall the times of the Celtic Tiger when places charged for veg , i never went back to those places .

Reminds me of the night of Robbie Bradys goal in Lille and you had to leave the hotel while everyone else was having a great laugh knocking back drinks as yours was the only room that got bed bugs or something.   To this day I still think the strange package the  Scientist brought from Australia and dumped in your room was behind it 😀😀😀😀

OK Baldie they were flying cockroaches huge things and we were had the only room which had 100s of them , i recall Mick had to get a spray to kiil a few of them in his room also , ask him on that one . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2023 at 8:35am

AKA pedantic kunt
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2023 at 8:17am

Might have a starter and the mrs might have a dessert but only if it takes your fancy not for the sake of it 

Can understand if tapas 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2023 at 6:55am

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2023 at 9:53pm

In Uno Mass?

I can understand it was off a tapas menu - but not on a full a la carte menu.

Yeah, just took the below of the menu online, could just order two of the cheaper things and a main, Im surprised it's not down as tapas as felt like that.

Sourdough and Picual olive oil €3.90
Gilda (1pc) €4.00
Perello manzanilla picanté olives €4.80
Salted almonds €4.90
Cecina croquetas (3pc) €8.00
Shish*to peppers €9.00
Morcilla Ibérica €10.00
Salchichón Ibérico €10.00
Chorizo Ibérico €10.00
Lomo Ibérico €12.00
Cantabrian anchovy, salmorejo and toast €12.00
Squid à la plancha €13.00
Jamón Ibérico (paleta) €15.00
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2023 at 9:26pm
In Uno Mass?

I can understand it was off a tapas menu - but not on a full a la carte menu.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2023 at 9:24pm

Some of them are €3.50/4 though. They walk you through it well, felt it was good value when we went. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2023 at 6:16pm

Edited by Newryrep - 02 Oct 2023 at 6:19pm
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2023 at 9:53am

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2023 at 9:39am
Was in The Pig's Ear on Nassau Street the week before last with work. Menu seemed pretty "normal" for a place that was on the Michelin list but the food was good and didn't find it to expensive at 55 euro for 2 courses. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Originally posted by Patman Scoop Patman Scoop wrote:

Went to Hawksmoor on dame street last night , not cheap but unbelievable food €210 2x starters 2x sirloin , sides and drinks 

Was in a hawksmoor in London - very disappointed in everything about it steak , sides , chips  and beer 

Which one you go to? Did the Spitalfields one and couldn't speak higher of it. 700 gram Chateaubriand to share was probably the best steak I've ever had. The anchovie hollandaise is out of this world. Couple of nice bottles of red and more than a couple hundred quid down but absolutely brilliant.

The one near Piccadilly Circus - had to cut short a holiday for a  for a Project interview so it was on the company - didnt like anything about it TBH and was peeved when i checked and Sophies was open albeit the next time I was in Sophies it was dissapointing and not  patch on what it used to be 

It was a few years ago and during covid so maybe its got better 
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 1:10pm

Originally posted by Patman Scoop Patman Scoop wrote:

Went to Hawksmoor on dame street last night , not cheap but unbelievable food €210 2x starters 2x sirloin , sides and drinks 

Was in a hawksmoor in London - very disappointed in everything about it steak , sides , chips  and beer 

Which one you go to? Did the Spitalfields one and couldn't speak higher of it. 700 gram Chateaubriand to share was probably the best steak I've ever had. The anchovie hollandaise is out of this world. Couple of nice bottles of red and more than a couple hundred quid down but absolutely brilliant.
@AntrimMan85
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 53>
  Share Topic