You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 915916917918919 988>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2022 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Back out in the sticks, leaving a rural area, and approaching the town centre. The speed limit changes from 80km/h to 60km/h. One sign is literally a few yards from the other. I don't even have time to adjust my speed before I see a speed trap parked in a layby beside a factory clocking my speed. Surely enough a few days later, I get their extortion letter in the post.

First of all, I don't even know how they're legally allowed to park on private property like that, convenient as it to ensnare people; second of all, it would be a better use of their time training their detectives and guards in proper firearm use so they don't have their weapons taken off them and potentially used on civilians.

First ever speeding fine, so you know I don't make that rant lightly! 

Are you prone to road rage by any chance?
All speed signs on the roads must comply with Chapter 5 - Regulatory Signs of the Traffic Signs Manual, last published August 2019. Table 5.9 specifically relates to the size etc of Speed Signs. The size of the signs are dependant on the class of road of which there are 3 with a number of sub classes within. Example: Level 3 (ii) Motorway or Dual Carriageway with a Speed limit >=100kph. The classes work down from that. This sign size is a legal requirement which is in place to ensure the sign is visible in advance to motorists.

In your case, the 80 speed sign should be visible in advance so as you slow down to 80 by the time you reach the sign. The 60 should then be visible enough for you to further slow down to 60.

What road was this on, what town centre were you approaching? Ill street view it and refer back. 

Edited by BrendanD88 - 17 Oct 2022 at 9:05pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2022 at 9:20pm
The ads at the bottom of this forum that prevent you from posting replies or clicking on a link towards the bottom of the screen at times
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2022 at 12:39am
@Brendan..
Whatever image you posted isn’t showing for me. So can’t respond. I do hope its a piss take take of my “smarts” (as another poster used in another thread) Embarrassed
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2022 at 8:26am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Back out in the sticks, leaving a rural area, and approaching the town centre. The speed limit changes from 80km/h to 60km/h. One sign is literally a few yards from the other. I don't even have time to adjust my speed before I see a speed trap parked in a layby beside a factory clocking my speed. Surely enough a few days later, I get their extortion letter in the post.

First of all, I don't even know how they're legally allowed to park on private property like that, convenient as it to ensnare people; second of all, it would be a better use of their time training their detectives and guards in proper firearm use so they don't have their weapons taken off them and potentially used on civilians.

First ever speeding fine, so you know I don't make that rant lightly! 
Someone put a load of concrete where one on the Bantry line used to park. It must have been someone that was caught as you'd need equipment to do it.

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2022 at 8:55pm
Meals that come with the sauce all over the meat - can they not have it in the side - yes I know you can ask for it on the side but sometimes your in a rush or forget 

Sometimes the sauce is kech and it ruins a nice piece of meat/fish 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2022 at 9:47pm
Sauce all over and on the side Smile.

Nothing worse when you get a meal and you get only a dribble or at least not enough. If getting a carvery I normally ask for extra gravy boat on the side 

Edited by t_rAndy - 18 Oct 2022 at 9:48pm
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2022 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Nothing worse when you get a meal and you get only a dribble or at least not enough. If getting a carvery I normally ask for extra gravy boat on the side 

Dead
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2022 at 10:29pm

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 9:53am
What, people don't like a carvery? Would never go to the effort of making something like that at home so love getting a carvery down the pub.
The dark side.. And the light
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 9:56am
As I said in another thread.  Great way to get a few pints in for a dinner that requires a good bit of effort.  Great time saver with young kids.  Quality has to be good though. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 10:39am
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

What, people don't like a carvery? Would never go to the effort of making something like that at home so love getting a carvery down the pub.

Love a carvery on a Sunday. Can even get a good one from some delis for eating at home. Never cook one though LOL
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 10:58am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Dead

+1

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 12:30pm
Cant bate a decent carvery. Blessed that two locals do a great carvery and great GuinnessClap
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 12:43pm
If i pay for dinner i want somebody to bring it to me . and not have to queue up like some urchin in  Oliver Twist 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 3:06pm
Like everything Carvery has got fairly expensive the past while. Our local carvery (Yacht in Clontarf) is €17 now
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 3:12pm
Jaysus a bit of cavery for a work lunch during the week or on a Sunday, hard to beat.

Turkey, roast potatoes (ideally crispy), stuffing (loads), chips instead of mash and a load of gravy, absolutely lovely.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 3:44pm
Carvery.  Don't like it.   Only going to be be beef or gammon or lamb and some sh*tty veg that has been under a light for 2 hours.

Used to go to the Toby Carvery in the UK frequently when I wanted to get in and out as fast as possible.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Carvery.  Don't like it.   Only going to be be beef or gammon or lamb and some sh*tty veg that has been under a light for 2 hours.

Used to go to the Toby Carvery in the UK frequently when I wanted to get in and out as fast as possible.

Toby is muck

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 915916917918919 988>
  Share Topic